Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:37 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Anger management and government:

Suggested reform #1 - On election day, each voter gets to vote his "shares" based on the sum of all taxes paid. The more he pays, the more his vote counts. If one has not paid any taxes, no vote is allowed. No one can run for office who has not paid taxes in the last seven years, as evidenced by his voting record.

Suggested reform #2 - Eliminate all caps on "allowable" bribery and corruption. However, any legislator who votes on a bill that affects any contributor, is nullified, as a conflict of interest. Any enacted law subsequently found to have been subject to a conflict of interest, is nullified, and must be sent back for a new vote.

Suggested reform #3 - Create a new legislative branch, whose sole duty is to repeal laws. By a 51% majority, a law can be stricken from the books. If 51% don't like a law, it is probably a bad law.

You sound angry.

Illogical too, but mostly angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 07:43 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I don't remember EVER seeing so many people angry, frustrated and outraged by what is happening with our country. If Obama continues to do what he is doing, in about a year so, this country will be an extremely hostile place full of even angrier people especially when unemployment reaches 15%. So many fine Americans are watching their beloved country being destroyed little by little everyday and they just do not know what to do!
Here's something to think about, which I believe you should consider given the nationwide polls that indicate a majority of Americans are siding with the President: the anger and frustration you're seeing is largely confined right here to C-D, where people can rant and rave anonymously under the benevolent protection of the internet. What you get here is not representative of the mood throughout most of the country.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:00 PM

226 posts, read 312,118 times
Don't go by the polls, they are completely rubbish and false

Old 03-05-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Popularity does not mean anything. In fact, the vast majority of people in this country have below average intelligence, otherwise they would have never elected Obama. The percentage of people who really make things happen in this country is about 10% of the population and these people are absolutely outraged!
A vast majority of the American public went into a dream state listening to Obama campaign. This proves how the real antichrist will win people over and who will fall for it.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx08 View Post
A vast majority of the American public went into a dream state listening to Obama campaign. This proves how the real antichrist will win people over and who will fall for it.
Yes because they were promised that they would be "saved" and "taken care of".

Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 PM

493 posts, read 665,401 times
Quote:
I don't remember EVER seeing so many people angry, frustrated and outraged by what is happening with our country. If Obama continues to do what he is doing, in about a year so, this country will be an extremely hostile place full of even angrier people especially when unemployment reaches 15%. So many fine Americans are watching their beloved country being destroyed little by little everyday and they just do not know what to do!
Crazy. (Both you and the predicament the country is in, I mean...)

Old 03-05-2009, 08:19 PM

563 posts, read 1,449,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mule View Post
Have you ever considered a flat tax. If you buy something, you pay a tax on it. Then everyone would be paying taxes. The more you make the more you spend and the more tax you pay. So why not increase the current Federal sales tax. No more tax returns, No more unfair credits. You could then reassign the IRS to other duties, thus saving the government millions of dollars.

Unfortunately, the CPA, tax lawyer, tax software lobby will never let that happen. It threatens their very existance.

Just like real change in education will never happen, courtesy of the teachers unions.

Simple never makes sense to polititians.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:25 PM

I like the idea of no payroll taxes for a year or two. That would definitely give me more spending power to pump into the economy. Will they ever do it? I doubt it.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:34 PM

34 posts, read 65,698 times
Well I did not realize it, but their some people trying to push it. I am not sure how it will work as of yet. I guess Congress is looking at the flat tax and the national retail sales tax. I have no idea how far it has gone in Congress. If you want information just Google National sales tax. I know this has been suggested in the past and got no ware.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:36 PM

493 posts, read 665,401 times
I'm kind of angry I cant write off the interest on my new car loan. If you're gonna go to the trouble of creating reinvestment and recovery act, put some tooth in it cryin out loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies