Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times

Advertisements

I think these kids are emo or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 10:54 AM

367 posts, read 1,023,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdestroyedlife View Post
Democrats are better then Republicans I know that

And who is talking about getting rich, do Republicans think the end all to life is getting rich

I don't agree with this, but if you were in their shoes, wouldn't you feel pride for a hard days work for your labors in building a company paying off? I'm not referring to those who inherited a business.

In a Republican world if you are not wealthy you are worthless, if you dont strive to be wealthy depending on how many people you screw over or how many people you support to kill you are not a real human and not a real American
okay, for the sake of argument, why if Democrats are so much better and look out for their fellow citizens, why do they live in luxury? You make them sound like wonderful characters out of a robin hood story. Why not open their homes to homeless? they live in mansions, just as Republicans do. You paint a one-sided picture. think of it this way...if one family member goes out and commits a crime, does that make EVERYONE in that family a criminal? You are attributing everyone who makes money to having no soul. BTW, yes the wealthy can get a tax credit on donations, but only a percentage of that donation, so they do give out more than they get in return.

I know Democrats want to make life better for everyone, Republicans want to make life better for the wealthy

Again, wealthy democrats live on acreage. huge homes. why not share their wealth and open their home(s) to the homeless, or those who lost their homes due to a layoff?

Republicans and ANYONE who is working hard and paying taxes only want the rest of their fellow men to do the same. it isn't that not being wealthy is being worthless. It is doing nothing to help yourself that they have issues with. and it's not just the rich republicans.

Last edited by ladihawkae; 03-05-2009 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: i ended up writing in the 'quoted' section

Old 03-05-2009, 04:19 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Democrats are better then Republicans I know that
In what way? What makes you think they are "better"?

Quote:
I know Democrats want to make life better for everyone, Republicans want to make life better for the wealthy
Obama is making life worse for everyone right now. People have lost half their savings, and he doesn't care.

Quote:
And who is talking about getting rich, do Republicans think the end all to life is getting rich
Freedom and liberty are the issue. Not "getting rich". Many people have no desire to be "rich" (myself included). I just want to live free. I do not desire a fancy car, a large home or many other things one might consider to be "toys" of the rich. I am happy to be who I am. I just doesn't take a lot for me to be happy.

But if a person is smart, and invests wisley, or is an entrepreneur, and starts a company that is successful, becoming wealthy (Bill Gates, the guys at Apple Computer... I use these examples a lot because I have read their stories) I am not envious, and I don't call them "evil". They are successful because of their hard work and dediication to their companies (Bill Gates, by the way, is a Democrat).

Quote:
In a Republican world if you are not wealthy you are worthless, if you dont strive to be wealthy depending on how many people you screw over or how many people you support to kill you are not a real human and not a real American
Who told you these thing? These are lies. On what do you base these notions?

I guess I'm "worthless", because I am a Republican who is not rich. I am a ceramic tile contractor (by choice... I used to work in electronics). I am self employed, and far from rich. In fact, I will tell you this; since Obamas election, I have had two jobs. I used to be booked up weeks in advance. Something here doesn't compute (in yiour thinking).

But I believe in freedom, liberty, and entrepreneurship. Obama does not, and Democrats have always punished those who seek to achieve. Those are the plain facts of the matter.

Our entire economy is in the tank; and it is Obamas fault. He has no clue what he is doing.

You are extremely naive, and I find you are very hateful.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:21 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
It appears Sir Troll-A-Lot has been shown the door.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
My grandfather fought in WWII. Ran a farm for 50 years. Took $20,000 he saved up from farming and plumbing and opened his own machine shop (which employs about 30 people). My grandmother worked for the federal reserve for 40 years.

They are now worth a few million (in land, the machine shop, 1 house)

Both republicans.

Oh yeah....he's not posting on a message board whining about his life.
Ummmm, but the OP says he "didn't work for it"! The OP is a nutcase leftist to the extreme, without the smarts to get out of bed in the morning and go to work.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'm going with 12.
I agree; I would have said 12, max. And a "government school" student. That's where these ideas are coming form.

That's why parents need to get their kids out of the "government schools"

Thank God we home schooled ours, and they did very well. The consistenly scored in the high 90 percentile on the standardized tests, which homeschoolers in my state are required to take yearly (not so with "government school" kids, who score way lower).

Old 03-05-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
haha why do you think being smart equates with being rich

Back in 2006, when the Republican scum decided to drop the price of Oil right before the Congress elections, I knew they would shoot back up again(after the elections) and actually considered investing all my money into oil but I just didnt want to take part in the Republican war or their blood money

I guess you can call me stupid for wanting a clear concience
For your information, the Republicans do not set the price of oil. It is a commodity. The market (for the most part...i.e. we do have the "Cartel" involved). Even the President of the United States cannot set the price of oil.

But thanks for confirming that you don't know what you are talking about.

Smart equates to being "rich" because stupid people seldom become rich. Stupid people wouldn't know how to run a business. Stupid people wouldn't know how to invest.

It takes business sense, and brains, and a lot of hard work to get a business started and make it sucessuful.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:35 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
For your information, the Republicans do not set the price of oil. It is a commodity. The market (for the most part...i.e. we do have the "Cartel" involved). Even the President of the United States cannot set the price of oil.

But thanks for confirming that you don't know what you are talking about.

hahaha, you are great fun!
Oil Speculation
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166038,00.html

Old 03-05-2009, 04:39 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
Is that the biggest lie ever told, do you think Rush Limbaugh Works for his 30 Million a year
I think he works his butt off.

Quote:

All these greedy oil and war profiteers who are the heart and soul of the Republican party, do these people actually work for a living

Notice nothing hits a Republicans nerve like saying you want to tax rich people

No rich person actually works for a living, they just make their money off of the working poor, the richer you are, the more people have to suffer and scrape under you to make you the money

I might sympathize with some doctors, but even nowadays most doctors are corrupt and are basically glorified drug dealers

No rich person actually works for a living
I think you're a bit naive and have bought into the lie that obama and his minions have been feeding you.

If it was true that they didn't work for a living, more people would have the money they do.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:30 PM

4,560 posts, read 4,097,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
He worked his whole life. Hard work...much harder than you've ever seen.
Thats one hell of an assumption for anyone to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies