Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 11:13 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Did you hear him claim the government has never created a single job? That's a funny position to take when all of his friends have government jobs. :lol:
Government taxes to create jobs. By definition it can never create a +1. It can redistribute in things like DOT and the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Considering the parent company of one of your links, the credibility is long been destroyed. But in other news the CEO of that parent company is about to do something unheard of in American history. Destroy GE.

You want to know who I think should resign? Burris and his son. A full out investigation into why the white house is propagandizing a free market radio commentator should be next (great timing). If nothing found the disgrace should be noted for the disdain of free speech.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Sad part is that the runner up for RNC chair was a white dude from the racist state of SC. After several votes, GOP movers and shakers picked something entirely different. Problem is, there are so few blacks in the GOP that this was the best they could do, either that or another white racist southerner. The GOP still doesn't get it, a fact that Ed Rollins pointed out today in a piece in CNN.
Spare us.....

YouTube - Raj Bhakta's Joe Biden 7/11 Challenge

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Selective racism.... that's a new one.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:34 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Considering the parent company of one of your links, the credibility is long been destroyed. But in other news the CEO of that parent company is about to do something unheard of in American history. Destroy GE.

You want to know who I think should resign? Burris and his son. A full out investigation into why the white house is propagandizing a free market radio commentator should be next (great timing). If nothing found the disgrace should be noted for the disdain of free speech.
so, I guess that by me providing the links which I did, that the republican party is not imploding, and that steele wasn't asked to step aside by any in his party? and I'll just betcha' that limpbag didn't put steele back in a sack?
right. and the republican party is doing just hunky dory? right.
most of your post isn't even on the topic. who cares about ge parent company, who cares about burris, and we never asked you who should resign, this topic is about the republican party and steele. if you have something to say about that, great.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:50 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Steele already addressed the investigation. He cleared that up on the Sun Show This week. Wish to could remember all the details about it

Here is a story about it from when he was on This week

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...0,473869.story

Old 03-06-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Spare us.....

YouTube - Raj Bhakta's Joe Biden 7/11 Challenge

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Selective racism.... that's a new one.
Hmmm, sounds like bhakta and limpbag have something in common. one is a drunk, the other a druggie. but, getting back to topic, I think mike has a point in his post. the republican party always has been known as the rich white southern religious right man's advocate, until late, they tried to add steele to the menu, but limpbag chewed him up and spit him out.
Raj Bhakta admits to drunk driving arrests - The Apprentice - msnbc.com
GE needs to be destroyed.
http://www.nrdc.org/water/pollution/hhudson.asp

Last edited by highdesertmutz; 03-06-2009 at 07:33 AM..

Old 03-06-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
The republican party is sooooo racist...

Biden was just having fun...

And Obama isn't the Messian we just worship the ground he walks on...
Yeah we know.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:13 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
so, I guess that by me providing the links which I did, that the republican party is not imploding, and that steele wasn't asked to step aside by any in his party? and I'll just betcha' that limpbag didn't put steele back in a sack?
right. and the republican party is doing just hunky dory? right.
most of your post isn't even on the topic. who cares about ge parent company, who cares about burris, and we never asked you who should resign, this topic is about the republican party and steele. if you have something to say about that, great.
I'm afraid that you and I are arguing with trolls and wingnuts who are so blinded by their talking head clown heroes on TV that they refuse to admit the GOP is truly imploding. They try to change the topic by deflection or hijacking these threads. Hell, Reagan's own Political Advisor (Ed Rollins) said these exact words just yesterday: "Republicans are not relevant."

I don't know how plain we have to make it for the wingnuts, but here's one of THEIR best and brightest guys telling them "Republicans are not relevant." The clowns we argue with need to get a clue, the GOP has NOTHING that we can believe in.

We cannot run a great nation on a platform of nothing, and by nothing that means the topics of god, guns, and gays are not worthy of forming the base of any political party. These are red-herring wedge issues that evil bastards like Rove, Gingrich, Lott, DeLay, et al, have used to divide the voters so they can play to the swing voters and carry an election. That game is way over and will not be resurrected again.

That leaves the GOP without a solid basis to form a base. The mantra of "tax cuts" is idiotic beyond belief when the budget has been in the red since the village idiot from Crawford, TX rode into town with his head up his ass eight years ago.

"Republicans are not relevant."

Old 03-06-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I'm afraid that you and I are arguing with trolls and wingnuts who are so blinded by their talking head clown heroes on TV that they refuse to admit the GOP is truly imploding. They try to change the topic by deflection or hijacking these threads. Hell, Reagan's own Political Advisor (Ed Rollins) said these exact words just yesterday: "Republicans are not relevant."

I don't know how plain we have to make it for the wingnuts, but here's one of THEIR best and brightest guys telling them "Republicans are not relevant." The clowns we argue with need to get a clue, the GOP has NOTHING that we can believe in.

We cannot run a great nation on a platform of nothing, and by nothing that means the topics of god, guns, and gays are not worthy of forming the base of any political party. These are red-herring wedge issues that evil bastards like Rove, Gingrich, Lott, DeLay, et al, have used to divide the voters so they can play to the swing voters and carry an election. That game is way over and will not be resurrected again.

That leaves the GOP without a solid basis to form a base. The mantra of "tax cuts" is idiotic beyond belief when the budget has been in the red since the village idiot from Crawford, TX rode into town with his head up his ass eight years ago.

I think there are many things which we can agree upon. you've made some very good points in this thread.
I see you've mentioned tax cuts. this is a republican platform, tax cuts for big business and the wealthy. as I understand it, the wealthy are already burdoned with paying 39% of their income in taxes, according to news reports, they pay the lions share of taxes in the USA. ok, if this is true, and the republican party want's to cut their taxes, I say ok fine, but only if you stop sending american jobs overseas, stop this offshoring bit you're doing. let us all remember, the government cannot cut taxes, and keep spending money, which is what's happened in the previous 8 years. you can't keep giving tax breaks, and keep spending money, the money to fund things like medicare, social security, citizen services of fire and police departments, and other things come from tax dollars. one more fallacy I've noticed is when people begin to talk taxes, they say that people who earn less than let's say 20K a year, don't pay taxes. ok, they may not pay income taxes, or, they pay very little in income taxes, the fact of the matter is that anyone who makes 20K a year is a poor person, and, yes they pay taxes. maybe not income taxes, but these people pay taxes on motor vehicles, fuels, and virtually everything they purchase. usually, people who earn less than 20K a year, never are able to save a dime, and their credit limits are stretched.
the republican party needs to abandon these platforms of giving tax breaks to the wealthy, and get real about how and where tax dollars are used. we have 2 wars going on, one of which was supposed to be funded with $$$ derived from the sale of the country's oil. wonder what ever happened to that idea? a person can google the cost of the iraq war, and see what it's costing us to keep it going. I'm glad we now have a leader who is going to cut our armed forces in iraq, maybe when we start bringing our people home, we can start putting some of those war $$$ to good or better use here at home. and yes, I know, the argument is that the bush administration was the one that laid the groundwork for withdrawl of troops. while this may or may not be true, it is President Obama who is implementing the withdrawl.
I also can't believe some republicans are already calling for steele's resignation. they're about as bad as telling Obama to resign the presidency.
frankly speaking, I don't see how the republicans are ever going to dig themselves out of the hole they're in, it seems they keep digging and digging deeper and deeper.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:05 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Government taxes to create jobs. By definition it can never create a +1. It can redistribute in things like DOT and the military.
That's too bad because that's the vision for our economy over the next 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies