Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:11 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,303,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Yes. I see them all the time at 7/11.

I also know a lot of people who keep a cell as their primary means of communications rather than a land line because its cheaper. There are also plenty of people who are working AND homeless.

I think it's great that Michelle popped in like that and volunteered.
Yeah, she just popped in with a herd of people with cameras in tow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 08:11 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...here we go again! Pick on the poor , OH MY GAWD! WHAT a horrible rip off WHAT SCANDAL>

Now please continue to ignorantly ignore the mega-rich as they buy $150,000 drapes and redecorate their office, throw lavish parties, buy new jets,

with BILLIONS of dollars

Y O U R

taxes.

Could it ever occur to you in your rabid hatred of the poor (like your Jesus?) that this man needs a cell phone if he is to get any job whatsoever? To keep in contact with his family? That maybe he needs food to look for work? That maybe it's none of your nasty damn business?

Hmmm and who is paying the bill for this phone, huh????

Old 03-06-2009, 08:12 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Photo op

Old 03-06-2009, 08:12 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
At first I was going to suggest that I know some agencies who serve the homeless provide cell phones for work purposes (or trying to obtain work) that cost $1.00 a month. HOWEVER, I noted in the picture this supposedly homeless guy is taking a picture of the smiling Michele. The cells provided for $1.00 a month do NOT take pictures. Soooooooooooo again, this is another "staged" event; you know like the one the supposedly homeless lady living in her car was in the front row where Obama was speaking and a congresswoman offered her use of her home. Yeah right...so phoney, Gawd they must think the American people are stupid!
What's the big deal? Listen if Michele Obama was appearing at a kitchen near me, I'd put on my dirtiest jeans, mess my hair up, find some flip flops or scruffy shoes and sashay into the dinning area, with my top of the line 5 pixel motorola cell phone and send the first pic and message to my mum.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:14 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
OH pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee. Pay as you go phone don't take pictures. Another staged event.
Nonsense. My grandson has a 'pay-as-you-go' camera phone.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:14 AM

Besides the waypeople are been laid off it's that far to fall from having a job and a one bed room apartment to finding yourself sleeping rough or in shelters.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
OH pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee. Pay as you go phone don't take pictures. Another staged event.
I yet have to figure out if Americans who think like you are mentally ill, stupid or just full of so much hate they can't see beyond their ideology.

Pre paid cell phones with cameras at Walmart.

Walmart.com: Electronics: Prepaid Cell Phones: Verizon Wireless Phones

Old 03-06-2009, 08:28 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
News flash people! When a politician, or in this case the wife of a politician, does any sort of event, charity, etc. the press know about it & they document it. No big surprise there. What are you guys so up in arms about, the fact that she went to a soup kitchen & put in some help of her own? Pissed off that you haven't done it? You people are truly insane, how you can find fault w/volunteering at a soup kitchen, bringing in food from the white house & then bitching about someone taking a photo w/a cellphone is beyond dementia.

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
Raggy Dee Ann wrote;
Quote:
What's the big deal? Listen if Michele Obama was appearing at a kitchen near me, I'd put on my dirtiest jeans, mess my hair up, find some flip flops or scruffy shoes and sashay into the dinning area, with my top of the line 5 pixel motorola cell phone and send the first pic and message to my mum.
Not me! I'd shave my head, put on blue jeans, force my way to the front of the line, then LIE about being a plumber, LIE about being "about to buy a business for $250K (which money I don't have), then wait for the idiotic media to line up to interview me. Then I'd parlay that into a book deal (said book to be written in crayon for its intended audience) and a speaking gig at CPAC.

Then when people accuse me of "staging" the whole thing I know that Jadex, alaskapat, kootr and others will blindly defend me without knowing any of the facts!

golfgod

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Yes. I see them all the time at 7/11.

I also know a lot of people who keep a cell as their primary means of communications rather than a land line because its cheaper. There are also plenty of people who are working AND homeless.

I think it's great that Michelle popped in like that and volunteered.
I read that it's actually very cheap to put a camera in a cell phone. It's hard to find a model today that doesn't have one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies