Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:54 AM

553 posts, read 836,759 times

Advertisements

Uh Oh, White House Seeks Economic Advice From Twitter

Twitter cofounder and CEO Ev Williams is headed to the White House today.

The administration invited him to join a “young business leaders" summit to discuss the economic crises.

As Ev himself puts it -- in a Twitter message, of course -- "[this] must mean they're *really* out of ideas."

A reminder: With 6 million members and 700% plus growth, Twitter makes no money in the US. (It sells some ads in Japan)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 07:58 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,516 times
Great! How about seeking advice from the guys who started Facebook?. I am sure they are some of the best economists out there.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Great! How about seeking advice from the guys who started Facebook?. I am sure they are some of the best economists out there.

What do you expect.... This is typical Obama Style over substance...

I'm sure they're just trying to incorporate twitter to the democratic indoctrination machine...

Old 03-06-2009, 08:10 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,655,899 times
They're asking the advice of one of the most successful websites out there right now. A website that keeps growing despite the economy.

And of course they don't make any money yet, that's how it goes in this industry - the owner is going to come out with a pretty penny in the end.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
They're asking the advice of one of the most successful websites out there right now. A website that keeps growing despite the economy.

And of course they don't make any money yet, that's how it goes in this industry - the owner is going to come out with a pretty penny in the end.

Twitter is not a website.. I don't know if you're one of those who defends the Obama no matter what or if you just really don't know what twitter is...

Old 03-06-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
Twitter is not a website.. I don't know if you're one of those who defends the Obama no matter what or if you just really don't know what twitter is...
Haha - are you serious? Twitter is a website. It's not just used on mobile phones. Do you know what Twitter is? I own an ecommerce/social networking business. Web 2.0. I'm very familiar with this, our company is thriving right now in this crappy economy.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Haha - are you serious? Twitter is a website. It's not just used on mobile phones. Do you know what Twitter is? I own an ecommerce/social networking business. Web 2.0. I'm very familiar with this, our company is thriving right now in this crappy economy.

Umm... Obviously your understanding of this is a bit simplistic... I know this going to hurt, but I'd rather you be informed that continue to spout off as if you know it all, making yourself look a bit silly....

Twitter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service. It enables its users to send and read other users' updates (known as tweets), which are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length.

Your oversimplification would be as if we were to simplify something like Socialized Medicine by calling it simply, Health Care Reform...

Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
Umm... Obviously your understanding of this is a bit simplistic... I know this going to hurt, but I'd rather you be informed that continue to spout off as if you know it all, making yourself look a bit silly....

Twitter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service. It enables its users to send and read other users' updates (known as tweets), which are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length.

Your oversimplification would be as if we were to simplify something like Socialized Medicine by calling it simply, Health Care Reform...
Wow. Go to the website yourself. Again, this is what I do for a living. I use twitter. I work twitter into my sites, actually. It's an add on 2.0 service we offer.

Twitter: What are you doing?

I don't think you actually have ever used Twitter. Would you say Myspace or Facebook is not a website?

Old 03-06-2009, 08:30 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,262 times
It's clear Barry is in over his head.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:31 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." A. Einstein

Last edited by ergohead; 03-06-2009 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies