Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:15 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times

Advertisements

I am already preparing for the coming disaster, so I am dumping all my stocks and investments by the end of this month. I am closing all my bank accounts and converting a lot of my assets to gold. I am hoping to be able to buy a home cash in this small town in NW Oklahoma by the end of this year, so that I will have a place to go when the crap hits the fan. With unemployment at 15%, and banks collapsing, living in a metro area will not be a very smart idea especially with crime and suicide rates skyrocketing. A shotgun, a pick up truck, God and plenty of food is really all I need, I will be watching you folks on TV.

Last edited by Repubocrat; 03-06-2009 at 08:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 08:18 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am already preparing for the coming disaster, so I am dumping all my stocks and investments by the end of this month. I am closing all my bank accounts and converting a lot of my assets to gold. I am hoping to be able to buy a home cash in this small town in NW Oklahoma by the end of this year, so that I will have a place to go when the crap hits the fan. With unemployment at 15%, and banks collapsing, living in a metro area will not be a very smart idea especially with crime and suicide rates skyrocketing. A shotgun, a pick up truck and plenty of food is really all I need, I will be watching you folks on TV.
Maybe you could set aside a little cash for psychiatric help too

Ah, yes - Obama's "depression". 'Cause we know the economy was in perfect condition when Bush left office Apparently you don't understand who created the mess we're in, and who's cleaning it up. And it's not a mess that can be cleaned up in 2 months!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:43 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post

Ah, yes - Obama's "depression". 'Cause we know the economy was in perfect condition when Bush left office Apparently you don't understand who created the mess we're in, and who's cleaning it up. And it's not a mess that can be cleaned up in 2 months!
I agree....these "type" people are now a dime a dozen...they were the same idiots screaming and wailing during Y2K etc etc etc....Where was their justified fear during GDumbya's rule?Total idiots.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:44 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
I think I just figured it out: there's some kind of award for starting threads, and Repubocrat wants to be a contender.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:48 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post

At what point can we stop blaming Bush for it?

6 months?

1 year?

2 years?

10 years?

I just want to know. When are you going to give up on the argument, and realize that maybe Barry took a bad thing and made it a catastrophic issue with his 3 TRILLION dollar spending spree?

Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I just want to know. When are you going to give up on the argument, and realize that maybe Barry took a bad thing and made it a catastrophic issue with his 3 TRILLION dollar spending spree?
Thanks, but they just don't get it! They think the current situation is just a "recession" that will go away next year. These are the people that are going to be the most affected because they will be caught off guard still thinking that Obama will take of everything. Maybe it is time to wake up and realize that what is coming is the WORST financial crisis humanity has ever seen and this is not Y2K! Look at all the economic data that is available. Just last month, we had the WORST job loss in 60 years. Maybe I should not start as many threads about what is happening but living in denial is going to be catastrophic. I guess, I am just a nut and Obama will take care of everything. Wake up, people!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:00 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Quote:

6 months?

1 year?

2 years?

10 years?

Obama says he inherited the 3 Trillion dollar debt, even though he spent the money on his watch. He also took a pass on ending the earmarks, saying they were "taking care of last year's business" as if he didn't have the choice to veto or go line by line and take out all the wasteful spending, as he pledged in his campaign. He'll continue to blame Bush, which is a small-minded thing to do. Every time the guy speaks he reminds us he inherited this mess. I have absolutely no respect for that tactic whatsoever. I'd have respect for him if he actually put his foot down on the wasteful spending and had open debates and the "transparency" he touted instead of flooding the American people with this spendulus, that omnibus, this and that---can't even keep up anymore with everything that's getting crammed down our throats, all because he keeps reminding us we're in "crisis." Now he's again talking about "crisis in the economy through healthcare" and how a person goes bankrupt every thirty seconds or loses a home due to healthcare debt. Way to bring up Americans, Obama, by scaring them to get your agendas rammed up their rears. False hope and loose change. Jimmy Carter brought the country to its knees, but at least he turned down the temperature of the White House and had the staff eating sandwiches as a show of shared sacrifice instead of flitting about and holding rock concerts and Weds night parties. Yeah..."I get it." Whatevah.

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Well Republocrat you have finalized your market losses. Good luck.

Remember - "FEAR IS THE MIND KILLER". Your fear has killed your ability to think. I am glad I am not you.

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:

6 months?

1 year?

2 years?

10 years?

We can stop blaming Bush when the global credit derivatives "problem" has been vanquished and we're on an honest uptick. That's what Obama is TRYING to set the stage for.

Please understand he doesnt operate in a vacuum alone like a dictator.

Your last question has been answered resoundingly by actual economists and the IMF.

Your point of view is just so WRONG. If you only get your impressions of life from Fox and Rush you're going to be confused when you step out into the real world. But actually the real world is healthier in the long run. Maybe not as much fun.

To the OP - good, get out of the market. The sooner we get to the bottom of this bear market the better. One thing that's necessary to reach that is "investor capitulation" - abandonment of the market.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:01 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
Obama will exploit every crisis available. If there isn't a crisis, he will create one.

American Thinker: Barack Obama and the Strategy of Manufactured Crisis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies