Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:29 PM

18 posts, read 36,560 times

Advertisements

Well, I decided to come back. I just want everyone to know that I have read everyones posts, and I do agree with some of them. See I live on both sides of this subject. I am a member of one of these organizations, and I am also a father, and a Business Owner. I don't want my kids in gangs, because I feel that the reasons I joined my organization are no longer there. This country has done so much that the racism is not as BAD as it was. People make it seem so much worse by saying that they never go out except emergancies, because there is NO area that bad. I do not want people to get the wrong idea. I would stop all violence in the world if I could, however, I can't. I can only do my best to make things better. I sit with members of my organization as well as others, and the reaction to the program we are running here in the Bronx are the same. The "Gang members" say the same thing. They only get looked at for negativity, but not the good they do. They are being attacked verbally in the media, can't get jobs legally, and are refused the basic respect that everyone else expects. I feel that if everyone start to think of us as people, they may see that we are not all bad. There are some that are, but do you see me calling every white man a bomber because of what one man did? Are all teens bad because of the ones who shot up the school? Is every middle eastern person a terrorist because of what the others do? The answer is NO. No because we cannot generalize people due to what others do. So I ask you this; why do you say every gang member is bad, because there are bad ones? It's just basic knowledge, and I urge you to at least think about what I have said. I do not want to change any of your minds. I just want you all to hear the TRUTH from within. You have never lived it, only seen media. I am living both sides like I said. Thank you all for your time to read this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 12:37 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
gangs are SOOOOO 90's.

seriously gangs aint nothing but insecure lil boys.

if you really want to do good for your community you would not be involved in gangs or "organizations". you would join a church group. become a big brother. be a futbol coach. mentor/tutor. etc etc.

all those things are possible without having to joing gangs.

i live this mess. its a bunch of lil kids that are too quick to engage in that gunplay. and them older cats still running with them peewees, well they need to grow up as well.

if you 30 and banging, then you deserve the grave. shoot, if you 20 and gang banging, you deserve the grave.

live by the gun die by the gun.

sad thing is too many innocent people been taken by these idiots.

live
from
florence
and
graham

the
fed- up
ONE.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:48 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
if you really valued your life or your children, then it would take more than someone stepping on your shoes or somehting like that to go on straight attack mode.

since you have kids you should be a man about it. that means you should LIVE for them. that means you should be mature. mature folk dont go around getting into fights or sticking people or none of that.

its a lot better to walk away. even in the hood. may not be the easiest, but its the best option. if its self defense then thats understandable. but if its someones words... then you should be more secure in yourself and realize that words aint $hit. let them talk.

at the end of the day im getting off the train, walking past them termites, getto boys, aztlan clan, walnut locs, MCP, F13 etc etc etc, and going home into the arms of my kids. thats for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownlatino View Post
The funniest thing about this was that you all have proven me right. I do not feel bad for the people who end up getting shot, or stabbed, or jumped. People do things for a reason. Maybe you all are the brainwashed people. Because I work and pay taxes. I also make my own choice, and the difference is that when someone disrespects me, I am not afraid o defend myself, or straight attck. Everyone here is saying how they feel, and I like that. The problem is that you are only saying it because you are online. You know that you would never step to my face and tell me these things, but I would. I would express myself, and defend my thoughts and beliefs with my life. Enjoy your scared little lives, hiding behind the government who is screwing you all everyday. I walk with my head held high, with no fear. I accept life with open hands while you run and hide with fear.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:09 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Keep in mind that many of these Gangs are Criminal Enterprises - they are formed specifically to carry out illegal activities be it drug running, human smuggling, prostitution, assassinations etc.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:56 AM

2 posts, read 1,207 times
In my opinion,this article is crap.Regardless of what you do,you're still violent,and do bad to society.My friend once dated a man once in a gang.He went to prison three times.I live in a neighborhood with gangs.One tried to seduce my mother right in front of me.In fact,all the people I knew who joined gangs where hated by many and ended up in prison.Gangs are 100% bad.All your doing is comparing the bad things you do to wars and etc.,to portray that you are not as bad as them.Regardless,gangs do horrible things still.So what if they go to church.It's like saying that Hitler being a vegetarian covers up the fact he killed over 6,000,000 jews.And if you have a family,then get dedicated,man up,and stop.Imagine how your kids feel knowing your in a group of violence.Be mature.Grow up.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I've known a lot of gang members, and I've worked to help them get out - and still do. If someone "disrespects" you and you attack, you're a criminal. It's that simple. You have a right to defend yourself, but not because of insult or disrespect. That defense only comes in the case of the threat of bodily harm.

I would tell you these things to your face and I have made a living doing it. I don't say them to hurt you or be disrespectful, but to point out that this flawed thinking is why people end up in jail or dead.

For someone that has no fear, you seem to have a pretty strong reaction to "disrespect." What do you fear that the disrespect will do or mean that's so important or damaging that you have to attack?
Nicely worded.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:21 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Hamas spends millions on healthcare and taking care of the poor and other things like that.

They are a terrorist organization but because they do some good for some people, they get a pass?

it doesn't work like that.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:25 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Seven year old thread.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:35 PM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownlatino View Post
I just would like to say that most of you are clueless to what is going on in the streets of NY. You are all just basing your statements off of the image gang members are given. I will tell you all the truth. I am a member of one of the most notorious and "supposedly" deadliest gangs. You need not ask what one, or who I am. I am also a loving father, and a college graduate. I finished high school, and I own a company. Yet, I am what you all call a "bad gangbanger". Gangs are not here just for violence. There are not constant wars in the streets, not even in "Compton". Stop watching so many movies. Yes there is violence, but is there not violence when our military is at war? Is there not violence when a white man gets fired and shoots everyone at work? The United States is the most violent country, and that is why it is the most powerful country. Why can't people think about the good some gangs do. Take the Latin Kings for instance. This is an Organization,not a street gang. The Latin Kings also support many foundations for the homeless. They attend Church and do community projects to clean up neighborhoods. But none of you know that. You think they are just bad. NO. Like everyother US Citizen, they simple get into trouble. The FOLKS, the greatest enemy of the Latin Kings. They also do many things to clean up their neighborhood. See, what you all don't understand is that it is not the members of these organizations that are bad. We all have Families just like you. We all want to raise our children safe. It is the FAKE gangs. The wannabes. The ones that want to make a name for themselves so they can feel tough. They are the ones that are ruining streets. And all this talk about the Latins...well I am Latino and I take offense to this. If you read the history of Latin Gangs, and Black Gangs, you would see that these organizations were the only way we had to defend ourselves from the whites who enslaved us. Keep in mind, the Government and white community brought gangs in when they began to slaughter and rape Latino and Black families. Times have changed, but we still have the race issue in the US. The Gangs are not dwindling because police or from killing eachother. We are just as strong as ever. We are simply raising our families, and have less reason to defend ourselves from the racism and other issues that occurred in our lives. We do not need to fight. We work, raise families, and even donate our time to the community. You need to keep in mind that we are people just like you, and if someone attacked or hurt your family, you would respond out of love. The difference between us and you is simply that we have loyalty to our families, and we went through things that you would never dream of going through. The biggest difference is that we do not insult or talk bad about you all like you do to us. You can walk anywhere in this country and be safe. You have more to worry about with drunk drivers then gangs. And like someone mentioned, you have a better chance of being robbed for an iPod by a kid than you do of being hurt by gangs. Much like Martial Arts, we do not attack. All we ever did was defend ourselves, just like this country defends itself. So please, remember that we are not bad people. Put it this way, like I said I am a member of one of the worst "so you call it", but if I am so bad, why did I donate $350,000 to help troubled kids get off the streets and into sports and other activities? Why did I donate $500,000 when 9/11 happened? The answer is simple. I am not a bad person. I made bad choices and mistakes, but we are all human.
I can't tell you- why and how- I know what I know-- but NY maybe calm except for financial or RICO/drug activities, but in the Southern states- and over seas- Mexico- Honduras, EL Salvador, Columbia, Russia, China etc. there are still body parts left behind- The Latin Kings have quieted down and many orig. member of a lot of gangs just older now. Good!- It's good when people can change and give back.
BUT
The new generation of gangs- are 15 yr olds with guns a blazing killing all kinds of innocent people for starters- there are still many bad things going on-
Please do not dismiss people's suffering because it is viewed as TV- movies or music and that gangs are nothing but "social clubs"- I have seen the damage- and gangs are responsible for a lot of crime to include human sex trafficking. I label none-one- for we are individuals- but will not accept a complacent view of gangs when I know there hurt people.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:40 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Jesus tap dancing Christ. Now we are bigoted or insensitive if we consider gangs a societal scourge. If I didn't have to live here, the US would be non-stop comedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies