Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 02:50 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,877,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
He made a teleprompter fumble. Big deal. If I or anyone else I know spoke in public as much as he does, we would be guilty of the same kind of mistakes. Lots of them. But because he makes very human mistakes he is not providing the change he promised? That's not even worth consideration.

On the other hand, making up words that are not in any dictionary, as Bush often did, is a little more indicitive of an actual intellectual deficiency. Then we have McCain, who at one of his rallies, referred to the crowd as "my fellow prisoners". That is somewhat disturbing, to say the least. I'm wondering if you posted about how much of an idiot HE is, after that.
He actually didn't make a mistake. He meant to do it, as the speaker before him was reading Obama's speech because whoever was working on the teleprompter messed up.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:57 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,894,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama has had a string of goofs and gaffes.....it isn't just about this one teleprompter incident....

Remember "57 states".....
Remember "typical white person".....
He's appointed numerous tax evaders to position in his admin.....
He royally screwed up the visit by the British Prime Minister......
On and on.....

The boy is unfortunately, not very bright.
But your girl with the "reset" button for Russia is flawless, though she (or someone on her staff) couldn't get a one-word Russian translation right? That goof doesn't affect my opinion of Hillary - but then I'm not gunning for her, and I've even grown to very much appreciate her.

Regarding the tax issues of the cabinet appointees - my guess is that many of these people would have been appointed to previous administrations and we would never have heard of their tax issues. While the cabinet was being selected, there were articles in the news about the process being very detailed and even invasive.

So while you think the worst automatically because you don't like Obama, I tend to think we're getting more information about these appointees than we would have with previous administrations.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:59 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,450,805 times
Quote:
^ I agree with you.
Mission accomplished was stupid and Bush was an idiot.

But see, Obama promised CHANGE. Seems we have a new POTUS who is at least as big an idiot as Bush, if not more. That isn't change.
Sorry but Obama has a very, very long row to hoe to reach the depths of stupidity that George W took us to during his presidency.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:00 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,810,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but Obama has a very, very long row to hoe to reach the depths of stupidity that George W took us to during his presidency.

Many see it as Obama = Bush II

Old 03-18-2009, 03:06 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,877,047 times
Quote:
Many see it as Obama = Bush II
Majority don't.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,327,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
He actually didn't make a mistake. He meant to do it, as the speaker before him was reading Obama's speech because whoever was working on the teleprompter messed up.

Finally, somebody else who actually looked into the story..........and found the OP as phony as a 3-dollar bill.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:52 PM

24,350 posts, read 22,906,801 times
With his blackberry to tell him what to do, and his teleprompter to tell him what to say, at least Obama's got it easier than Bush did. I'll bet Cheney wished he had those for Bush.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:54 PM

24,350 posts, read 22,906,801 times
Obama = Bush II. That covers it exactly and more and more are beginning to see it.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:25 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,744,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
He meant to do it
Obama MEANT to read the Irish PM's speech???

And thank himself for inviting everyone to the party???

This is a new low, even for liberals stretching the facts to try to cover for their master's gaffes. Whatever happened to the days when you people at least TRIED to come up with believable excuses and diversions?

Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,327,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Obama MEANT to read the Irish PM's speech???

And thank himself for inviting everyone to the party???

This is a new low, even for liberals stretching the facts to try to cover for their master's gaffes. Whatever happened to the days when you people at least TRIED to come up with believable excuses and diversions?

READ THE FACTS!!! He MEANT to read them. Too many trees for you to see the forest?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...eprompter.htm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...iqoOwD9704SE81

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...r-teleprompterl

I guess I have to post them 4 times for some to get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.