Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 07:17 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,826,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Did I miss something? Bush is back in office????
Pretty much...just a little more tanned.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,811,973 times
teleprompting should be banned and that goof fired

Old 03-20-2009, 10:14 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,811,973 times
the guy can actually speak: but we all know how many of you republicans like ejaculating to mishaps not caused by him

Old 03-20-2009, 10:44 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,421,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
OMG!!!

First class idiot. The boy has no brains, only an ability to read from a teleprompter.

So sour...

Old 03-20-2009, 06:25 PM

956 posts, read 1,231,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
the guy can actually speak: but we all know how many of you republicans like ejaculating to mishaps not caused by him
I think you're missing the point .... or are you just as good at diversion as the rest of your party?

But I'll bite. It's not about the mistake with the teleprompter ... it's about Obama being so used to reading from them, he'll just read whatever is there! He can't speak on his own. That's been made pretty obvious many times over.

But I'll give you one thing. With the words written by others placed in front of him, he is a very good speaker; not a great speaker, but very good. And after Bush he looks even better.

But being a good speaker doesn't make a good President and a good President doesn't have to be a good speaker (but it helps make the masses believe he is).

We all know that ... at least I sure hope we do.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:31 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,287,793 times
He's a good reader, not a good speaker. A good speaker is Clinton who gave a state of the union address without a telepromter. Obama uses a telepromoter to even introduce someone. He can't speak, all he can do is read what is prepared for him.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Old 03-20-2009, 06:43 PM

707 posts, read 1,019,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
I think you're missing the point .... or are you just as good at diversion as the rest of your party?

But I'll bite. It's not about the mistake with the teleprompter ... it's about Obama being so used to reading from them, he'll just read whatever is there! He can't speak on his own. That's been made pretty obvious many times over.

But I'll give you one thing. With the words written by others placed in front of him, he is a very good speaker; not a great speaker, but very good. And after Bush he looks even better.

But being a good speaker doesn't make a good President and a good President doesn't have to be a good speaker (but it helps make the masses believe he is).

We all know that ... at least I sure hope we do.

You are also missing the point and I will say it again. There is absolutely no difference between Obama reading from a teleprompter and bush reading from a piece of paper in front of him as he has with each and every speach and conference. The difference between Bush and Obama, Bush took pauses between each sentence to gather his thoughts. But its alright....Bush was the smartest idiot of the bunch, he had to pause to gather his thoughts.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
He's a good reader, not a good speaker. A good speaker is Clinton who gave a state of the union address without a telepromter. Obama uses a telepromoter to even introduce someone. He can't speak, all he can do is read what is prepared for him.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Same statement to you Jenny. Bush read from pieces of paper on the PODIUM.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,853,515 times
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/loveprompter.jpg (broken link)

"Now whisper 'I love you' with quiet, reassuring strength, and pinch
her bottom halfway between 'playful teasing' and 'urgent desire'...
Leave it up to her how to take it. It's all in the nuance of
letting people take it any of a dozen different ways."

I guess the prompter comes in handy.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

"now whisper 'i love you' with quiet, reassuring strength, and pinch
her bottom halfway between 'playful teasing' and 'urgent desire'...
leave it up to her how to take it. It's all in the nuance of
letting people take it any of a dozen different ways."

i guess the prompter comes in handy.

what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies