Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 10:51 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did he practice law in Illinois? Why I think he did do just that. I don't think that he could have done that without a LLD and passing the state bar test.

There is no way that he entered law school without a Masters degree and Columbia would have required a Masters thesis for that degree. Oh yeah, he either bought those degrees or he earned them. I lean toward the earned manner of getting them. I guess neither school is very proud of their latest number one student to win degrees from them. Come on and realize that most schools are proud enough to have copies of those papers in the library and today it would be on computerized systems. They are there, and all I worry about is what name is on them.
Dude, no thesis is required to complete either a BA or a JD. An LLD is different than a JD. Just because you needed to complete a thesis for your postgrad education doesn't mean he did.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:09 PM

346 posts, read 407,930 times
Default Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
GWB inherited an economy going into a recession.
GWB also inherited a terrorist attack which destroyed our economy. Now that was the muslims on us and what did he do? Fight back and cut taxes to ecourage business. What is the ONE doing? Raising taxes and sending folks home from gitmo (terrorists) and kissing Syria and Iran's ass and leaving Iraq. Wow what a hero. To lefties anyway. That is what they want a pansy leader. Well they got it and look what is coming.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-08-2009 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: crude language

Old 03-07-2009, 11:14 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
GWB also inherited a terrorist attack which destroyed our economy. Now that was the muslims on us and what did he do? Fight back and cut taxes to ecourage business. What is the ONE doing? Raising taxes and sending folks home from gitmo (terrorists) and kissing Syria and Iran's ass and leaving Iraq. Wow what a hero. To lefties anyway. That is what they want a pansy leader. Well they got it and look what is coming.
How did he inherit a terrorist attack? He took office in January of 2001! We need to start kissing butt and start making some friends so we never have to go it alone,also to open up the possibility of trade again that GWB screwed up.We need to be out of Iraq,and we need to see if peace with Iran is possible.If you knew anything about these countries you'd realize that ALOT of them want to do business with us because they know the americans love to spend money more then just about any other country.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-08-2009 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: edited for deleted material

Old 03-07-2009, 11:16 PM

346 posts, read 407,930 times
Default Roy

Quote:
Did he practice law in Illinois? Why I think he did do just that. I don't think that he could have done that without a LLD and passing the state bar test.

There is no way that he entered law school without a Masters degree and Columbia would have required a Masters thesis for that degree. Oh yeah, he either bought those degrees or he earned them. I lean toward the earned manner of getting them. I guess neither school is very proud of their latest number one student to win degrees from them. Come on and realize that most schools are proud enough to have copies of those papers in the library and today it would be on computerized systems. They are there, and all I worry about is what name is on them.
How dare you question the ONE?? HE is the hero of our times. You sir are an ABO aren't you?? Tell the truth. Even though his trillions of spending will help out the unions all over. Ooops I'm not supposed to say that kind of stuff.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:

Roy -
Obama's educational background:

Quote:
Undergraduate

Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA
Undergraduate, 1981-1983
Columbia University
B.A. Political Science with specialization in international relations
Thesis topic: Soviet nuclear disarmament

Graduate

Harvard Law School
J.D. magna *** laude 1988-1991
President, Harvard Law Review
http://obamasresume.org/
Major universities do not publish undergraduate theses.
A thesis was not required for his law degree.

The Internet makes it so easy to have your facts straight before submitting a post - you should try that some time.
Ray

Old 03-08-2009, 11:32 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
I could easily post a montoge of Obama but you seem so good at googling I think you can find it if you want. Of course you don't which is the point. How a man from Harvard who is such a great orator can't remember who he's appointing on a daily basis is what I want to know. I think he's just lazy.
Have you ever held the job of President of U.S.? I think not.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-08-2009 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: no personal references please

Old 03-08-2009, 11:50 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
It is very hard to make heads or tails out of sealed documents. I want to know why they are sealed. Could it be the name he attended those schools under? Could it be that we can't read any of his term papers, Masters Thesis or anything from Harvard because of the subject matter?

I ask these questions because there must be something there since he has hired three law firms to keep them secret. When any deep, dark secrets are around I always wonder why they are so deep and dark.

Could you explain these questions to me?
You've had this explained to you probably over a hundred times....so what is your reason for continuing to bring up the topic?

They are sealed because even the President has a right to privacy. Not all personal records are PUBLIC RECORDS.

You seem to ask these questions because you are desperately trying to CREATE an issue. Also, please provide any proof you can find at all which confirms that Obama has HIRED any law firms to represent him. Link, please?

The issues you are bringing up in this thread have been fully discussed in Truegritt's thread about Obama's birth certificate and the lawsuits filed by Orly Taitz. You are likely to find answers to your questions in that thread, if, in fact, you are looking for answers, and not just busily trying to create an issue where there is none.

In Truegritt's thread there is a statement by one of Obama's lawyers who works in a law firm in California which says those lawyers are doing the work PRO BONO. Do you know what that means?

Again, please provide any proof you have that Obama has Hired and is Paying three law firms to represent him in the various lawsuits. THEN, proceed to Truegritts thread to discuss the release of private records such as school records, etc. where this issue has been discussed. There have been lawsuits filed on that subject and the answers to your questions are all available in the Truegritt thread in re Obama's birth certificate.

This thread is about TELEPROMPTERs.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:53 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Roy -
Obama's educational background:

Major universities do not publish undergraduate theses.
A thesis was not required for his law degree.

The Internet makes it so easy to have your facts straight before submitting a post - you should try that some time.
Ray
Ray, you surely wrote a major paper for your graduate degree, I did. Mine, as I have said was bound and in the library before I got my graduate degree. Now when did I say anything about an undergraduate thesis? I didn't see that. I don't think I even mentioned Occidental College at all but then it is good to have all of it out there for all to see.

One more time. A Masters thesis is not an undergraduate paper. The amount of research needed for it far exceeds anything people do for undergraduate papers, in fact in the old days it was required that you cover everything that was ever published about the topic. At least, in your bibliography.

Really, I don't know any people who have received doctorates in any field without writing a doctoral dissertation. I am sorry that we don't do that anymore. No wonder people are so worried about the state of education these days if we have slipped that far.

I still want to see his records at those two schools to see what his name was when he attended them. I don't care about grades, just names.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:00 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Ummmm, I administered the LSAT for years.
You are tested and one part of the exam is a written essay.
Law School is a mater's degree. You attend after a bachelor's degree.
What are you talking about?
Please buy a clue before you continue to post here.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:12 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,453 times
Quote:
Ray, you surely wrote a major paper for your graduate degree, I did. Mine, as I have said was bound and in the library before I got my graduate degree. Now when did I say anything about an undergraduate thesis? I didn't see that. I don't think I even mentioned Occidental College at all but then it is good to have all of it out there for all to see.

One more time. A Masters thesis is not an undergraduate paper. The amount of research needed for it far exceeds anything people do for undergraduate papers, in fact in the old days it was required that you cover everything that was ever published about the topic. At least, in your bibliography.

Really, I don't know any people who have received doctorates in any field without writing a doctoral dissertation. I am sorry that we don't do that anymore. No wonder people are so worried about the state of education these days if we have slipped that far.

I still want to see his records at those two schools to see what his name was when he attended them. I don't care about grades, just names.
Law schools don't require a thesis. All I could find was that some law schools offer an OPTIONAL thesis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies