Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:19 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,301,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
My suggestion to save the US would be to ship the neoCON rightwingers to another country where they would be more comfortable and fit in better...Any suggestions folks???
Quote:
Originally Posted by libnproud View Post
You got that right. It should have been done a long time ago. Our nation would be better off today with cons.
Ya know... if you like government intervention and governemnet lifestyles, there are PLENTY of other countries YOU can go to to enjoy those fine qualities. You don't have to turn THIS one into another one of which there are way too many... and for the record, Im not a neoCON rightwinger either, just a citizen that can't stand the weak mentality of "the gov should come save me" and "the gov doesn't do enough for ME" being spewed all over the place today... And its this mentality that now describes exactly what majority of this country has become... Disgusting !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 11:29 PM

841 posts, read 2,260,501 times
This guys post are getting worse and worse

Old 03-09-2009, 06:02 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
Ya know... if you like government intervention and governemnet lifestyles, there are PLENTY of other countries YOU can go to to enjoy those fine qualities. You don't have to turn THIS one into another one of which there are way too many... and for the record, Im not a neoCON rightwinger either, just a citizen that can't stand the weak mentality of "the gov should come save me" and "the gov doesn't do enough for ME" being spewed all over the place today... And its this mentality that now describes exactly what majority of this country has become... Disgusting !
So if you think WE are in the majority,why do you think WE should move then.Do you not believe in democracy or something?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:57 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
Quote:
My suggestion to save the US would be to ship the neoCON rightwingers to another country where they would be more comfortable and fit in better...Any suggestions folks???
My suggestion to save the U.S. would be to ban labor unions and put muzzles on people who cannot get their point across without name calling !

Old 03-09-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
There is a difference. Your parents came here, LEARNED THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF THE USA and assimilated in to our culture. Today that is not the case. They flat out refuse to learn our official language and refuse to assimilate but instead try and force their ways on us by threatening this govt to give them special rights or else. Then they force their cult religions into our schools, have our religions banned from being mentioned, fight to have the word "God" removed from our money, from our court system, make us remove statutes of famous American heros from the court house as well as remove monuments that read our Constitution.

Then they fight to have the word Christmas removed from our culture, now they are working on banning Halloween because it offfends some one. They get govt grants (free money) to open gas stations, C-stores and hotels while your parents had to work to build theirs.

Back then there was a better work ethic too. Today it's how much can I get away with not doing while still collecting that pay check. And the old saying that anything is possible here is no long true. Neither are we free anymore. USA has fallin to 16th place among free countries and still falling as this crooked corrupt govt takes away more and more of our freedoms as they get more and more corrupt (and get to vote for their own pay raises every year). We are now just a number and there is no longer any loyalty to our own.

But we who remember when America was great do thank your parents for contributing to that.
I agree with most of what you have said except for one thing.
The U.S.A. does not have an "Official Language". We have a commonly used language but it is not official. Individual states do have official languages, New Mexico has two official languages, English and Spanish.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
My suggestion to save the U.S. would be to ban labor unions and put muzzles on people who cannot get their point across without name calling !
If you banned labor unions then you would only be making $1 per hour while you make fries at McDonalds instead of the minimum wage you are now enjoying

Old 03-09-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We did save America last November. Wonder what McCain would be doing in there now? Getting the lifeboats ready for him and his rich buddies and letting the rest of us sink.
We did not save The U.S. last November at all. What we did was send our nation tumbling head first into debt that will take generations to pay back.

BAN LABOR UNIONS NOW, TRY TO BUY PRODUCTS MADE IN U.S.A., HANG ALL MURDERERS, RAPISTS, ARMED ROBBERS AND PEDOPHILES AND OUTLAW LAWSUITS STEMMING FROM THE USE OF THE DEATH PENALTY.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,301,450 times
Quote:
So if you think WE are in the majority,why do you think WE should move then.Do you not believe in democracy or something?
It seems that the majority in this country hasn't the education to realize what true freedom is nor do they understand what the founding fathers of this country went through to give it to them nor do they care to acquire the education to understand it !

The US has become a country of routine uneducated people looking for the Gov (both R & L) to take care of them... Everyone wants to be told what to do, how to do it and a handout to go along with it. Not wanting these "luxuries" (as many of you would put it) happens to be EXACTLY why this country was ORIGINALLY created in the first place. Nobody seems to like the ideas by which this country was created anymore, they just hear how the Gov is going to take care of them and cry for it... and just what the Gov wants I might add !

You people disgust me... As time goes by we loose more and more liberties, (some simple some not) or they become monitored/controlled/managed where as once they were not. Something unorthodox happens and all of the sudden "we need GOV regulation" is the first words out of the mouths of the uneducated. Instead of the people becoming educated about it and exercising their able ability to deal with it freely and collectively it's easier to give up that right and just let the Gov take care of it. Sickening indeed, especially with the tools and information available in todays world. Too little too late I guess...

I feel bad for my young children in another 20-30 years and REALLY feel bad for their children . But who knows, maybe the right generation with enough education will come along in between and bring real action "for the people, by the people and of the people" to right the wrongs of Gov ! History speaks for itself.

Sadly enough to say... no "Party" or "agenda" will ever get that done either ! The world has too many places labeled as being a land with "Freedom"... with extremely longggg lists of can and can't do's to go along with it, many of which that are not necessary.

So in a nutshell, cry and beg for gov intervention, cry and beg for Gov handouts, cry and beg to be blindly lead, cry, cry, cry for it all... BUT, DON'T, and I repeat, DON'T cry one tear when you get everything you wish for !

Old 03-09-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
If you banned labor unions then you would only be making $1 per hour while you make fries at McDonalds instead of the minimum wage you are now enjoying
Sorry but I was making $10. per hour when I was nine years old mowing lawns.
We should also ban the minimum wage and let the free market decide what peoples work is worth. I also want public schools to be banned. Publicly funded vouchers for private schools is what I favor.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Sorry but I was making $10. per hour when I was nine years old mowing lawns.
We should also ban the minimum wage and let the free market decide what peoples work is worth. I also want public schools to be banned. Publicly funded vouchers for private schools is what I favor.
Do you have children in school right now Rickers ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies