Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 3/7/2009,A Sarah Palin Presidnecy would achieve the success American needs.
I agree. 9 20.00%
I disagree. 36 80.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 09:32 AM

43 posts, read 73,040 times

Advertisements

See The Most Popular Governor .

See Palin gives and saves amid big Alaska surplus - Los Angeles Times .

See Palin and Graham deliver food to villages: Rural Alaska | adn.com .

See Palin, Graham to Help Needy AK Villages - U.S. - CBN News .

The Honorable Sarah Palin has proven she can make government work for the people while Obama has proven he can deliver a sermon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 09:38 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
I'll give you credit for one thing, you figured out how to start a two question poll, you cant be entirely clueless.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:46 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonM View Post

The Honorable Sarah Palin has proven she can make government work for the people while Obama has proven he can deliver a sermon.
Sarah had nothing to do with the food delivery to the villages; it was all private money, and she went along for the photo-op. We'll see about a surplus this year, and her popularity ratings are nowehre near as high as they were.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:56 AM

Default Seriously, you can't believe that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Sarah had nothing to do with the food delivery to the villages; it was all private money, and she went along for the photo-op. We'll see about a surplus this year, and her popularity ratings are nowehre near as high as they were.
Dear Katiana, I disagree with your assertions because you simply got your facts wrong. Studies of the November 2008 election, has shown that Obama/Biden had won all of the less religious states (it was a lot of states) while McCain/Palin won the more religious states. So for Sarah Palin to go "along for the photo-op" with a powerful Christian religious figure like Franklin Graham will do some harm to her politically. Nevertheless, her heart was sincere and into doing this. Moreover, you haven't even spoken to her so the truth you really don't know other than what that news article displays. As a result, to say "she went along for the photo-op" just makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:06 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
As a result, to say "she went along for the photo-op" just makes no sense whatsoever.
She is an extremely ambitious politician, and she will be doing ALOT more of these photo ops. Her supporters, like yourself, are WANTING her to do this. And she does as well, it increases her popularity and appeal.

It makes all the sense in the world she went on a photo op, ESPECIALLY because it was a religious figure. It appeals to her base, of which you are a part. Dont you know this?

Old 03-07-2009, 10:12 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,289 times
Quote:

Sarah Palin is a moronic windbag. She appeals only to the clueless.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:15 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Do you mean to tell me that the governor is now trying to take credit for this?

I have been purposely giving myself a break from reading much about Palin..

[MOD CUT/crude] What a piece of work.

It's people such as myself who went to the store, bought food, and mailed it to where it needed to go. I know that others on this forum have done so as well.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-07-2009 at 08:19 PM..

Old 03-07-2009, 10:22 AM

Default You can't be serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
She is an extremely ambitious politician, and she will be doing ALOT more of these photo ops. Her supporters, like yourself, are WANTING her to do this. And she does as well, it increases her popularity and appeal.

It makes all the sense in the world she went on a photo op, ESPECIALLY because it was a religious figure. It appeals to her base, of which you are a part. Dont you know this?
Dear odanny, I disagree with your assertions simply because you got your facts wrong. The evidence & facts is presented in the links above and yet you still try to dispute it unbelievable. If you don't support her then you don't but let's not falsely accuse her of doing things she isn't, especially if it would hurt her politically to be seen with a Christian. By the way, then you would agree that michelle obama's recent visit to a homeless shelter was just a "photo-op" and/or politically motivated, I'm really interested in your reply.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:25 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
You're the one with your facts wrong, cowboy.

Our governor ignored the situation in the bush until it became national news. She's just capitalizing on that and trying to make herself look good.

I sent food to the bush. Sarah didn't. What a loser she is.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:25 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Dear Katiana, I disagree with your assertions because you simply got your facts wrong. Studies of the November 2008 election, has shown that Obama/Biden had won all of the less religious states (it was a lot of states) while McCain/Palin won the more religious states. So for Sarah Palin to go "along for the photo-op" with a powerful Christian religious figure like Franklin Graham will do some harm to her politically. Nevertheless, her heart was sincere and into doing this. Moreover, you haven't even spoken to her so the truth you really don't know other than what that news article displays. As a result, to say "she went along for the photo-op" just makes no sense whatsoever.
Take a look at this thread, which you contributed to:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...00-pounds.html

Read the whole thing, not just the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies