Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 03:16 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Actually - I take the side of FREEDOM - Freedom to succeed or fail. The FREEDOM to make my own decisions rather than the government making them for me. The FREEDOM to go to the doctor or not. The FREEDOM to have life saving measures to prolong my life - rather than the government saying no.

The FREEDOM to live wherever I want. To have as big a home as I want and can afford - to have as many homes as I want and can afford. To MAKE as much money as I want.

The FREEDOM to help whomever I want to - or not to. The FREEDOM to educate my children HOW I WANT - not how the government dictates.

The FREEDOM to drive what I want - where I want.

Slowly but surely these, and many more FREEDOMS are being taken away. People like you and your ilk though don't recognize this. You are sheep.

In my State (Arizona), I am registered as "NPP" - No Party Preference.
You have the freedom to not go to the doctor if you don't want to. The difference is, there are too many people who don't have that freedom or choice to GO to the doctor because they can't afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 03:19 PM

182 posts, read 103,381 times
Quote:
Actually - I take the side of FREEDOM - Freedom to succeed or fail. The FREEDOM to make my own decisions rather than the government making them for me. The FREEDOM to go to the doctor or not. The FREEDOM to have life saving measures to prolong my life - rather than the government saying no.

The FREEDOM to live wherever I want. To have as big a home as I want and can afford - to have as many homes as I want and can afford. To MAKE as much money as I want.

The FREEDOM to help whomever I want to - or not to. The FREEDOM to educate my children HOW I WANT - not how the government dictates.

The FREEDOM to drive what I want - where I want.

Slowly but surely these, and many more FREEDOMS are being taken away. People like you and your ilk though don't recognize this. You are sheep.

In my State (Arizona), I am registered as "NPP" - No Party Preference.
in other words, Freedom no matter how many people you have to screw over

Back in the old confederate they were upset that the yankee northerners were imposing on their god given FREEDOM to own slaves

Republicans rely on FREEDOM as long as it is themselves who make the money and recieve the benefit from it

I suppose they are entitiled to this

Old 03-13-2009, 03:22 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
The difference is, there are too many people who don't have that freedom or choice to GO to the doctor because they can't afford it.
Actually, this is the fallacy. EVERYONE can go to a doctor regardless of their ability to pay. EVERYONE.

And now, there are low cost clinics being set up around the country where a Doctors visit is as little as $30 - including exams, x-rays, perscriptions etc.

So, don't get caught up in this "they cannot go to the doctor" thing. It is simply not true.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:23 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionwhy View Post
yea well the Republicans are dead

The way I see it healthcare needs to be completly changed, basically a system that is based on compassion and healing, not a system that is based on drugging and waiting till you get sick and then profiting

Our whole society really needs to change, and it will change in the future, but for now there are to many obstacles(like Insurance companies, lobbyists, lawyers)

The Democrats are a step in the right direction, the Republicans are a step in the wrong direction

Republicans are based on greed and profits, Democrats are based on greed with a little bit of compassion

and it is funny all you Republican sympathizers are now saying you are "independent" and dont support either party, yet you always seem to take the Republican side and bash the Democrats

You are the one who is bashing groups. We are bashing ideas that we feel are either not true or do not work.

"The system is rigged, republicans and rich are killing this country". Dem = right, repugs = wrong.

You fling your uninformed BS lockstep one liners very well but you ignore any question that asks you to give examples or explain.

You have proven you are ignorant of the facts and have a very large chip on your shoulder. As long as you keep it there and blame everyone else for your problems you will get nowhere. You are young, learn self responsibility or continue with a miserable angry life.

3,282 posts, read 5,201,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Then I guess what you are saying is some are more qualified than others.
Are you daft? I'm speaking about a young person. It's hard to see how you can be more qualified than someone with an advanced degree if you're just graduating. Therefore your job options are quite limited right out of college. Therefore life is a great deal more difficult in that transitory period. And even if you have an advanced degree, there are still not enough jobs to be had for everyone. That said, you still aren't absolved from the responsibility of paying back college fees and other costs of living so high that even if you eschew luxuries, you still very well might not be able to do it.

Read and re-read, try to understand. If it starts to hurt, take a break and come back to it later.

Quote:
in other words, Freedom no matter how many people you have to screw over
How utterly ridiculous a post.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:24 PM

182 posts, read 103,381 times
Quote:
How utterly ridiculous a post.
its the truth

Old 03-13-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
and have a very large chip on your shoulder.

Chip? CHIP!

Heck - He/She/It has a whole friggin' TREE on he/she/its shoulder!

Old 03-13-2009, 03:27 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Actually, this is the fallacy. EVERYONE can go to a doctor regardless of their ability to pay. EVERYONE.

And now, there are low cost clinics being set up around the country where a Doctors visit is as little as $30 - including exams, x-rays, perscriptions etc.

So, don't get caught up in this "they cannot go to the doctor" thing. It is simply not true.
Really? And how about if you have asthma & need to use Advair? Do you know how much it is a month if you don't have insurance? It's $200. I know this because I need to use Advair & if I didn't have insurance, that is how much it costs. What about if you find out you have testicular cancer & it spread to your bones? Do you know how much that bill is? It's $100,000. for a 2 week stay. I know this because I saw the bill of my friend, who ended up dying in the hospital. He didn't have insurance & you know, he probably would have killed himself if he had lived & seen the bill. Do you know how much an average office visit w/bloodwork is? $400. I know this because at one time I didn't have insurance & I was forced to go to the doctor & get bloodwork done before my insurance kicked in. Yes, I was forced to do it otherwise they would not refill my prescription that had run out. So please, shut it. You have no idea what you are talking about & it's obvious you really don't care to know. I'm done.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
its the truth
Quite the contrary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies