Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:36 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Maybe if the parents stopped teaching kids (yeah, I know, what a novel idea for parents to be responsible) that "snitches end up in ditches" then some of these thugs would be taken care of.
Your ignoranct mentality is exactly what makes minorities turn away from you. You should actually spend some time around hispanic, black, or any other minority family and you will see that we want thae same things and are very family oriented. I can tell you speak from either extremely limited or no experience of a minority community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 02:37 PM

727 posts, read 1,891,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
The first step IMO is realizing that minorities have issues that are unique to them, especially in the inner city. They need to realize that we don't vote race we vote issues and until they recognize our issues they won't be getting my vote. While they are talking about tax-cuts our inner city schools have half the resources that their suburban counter parts do, and our neighborhoods are overrun with drugs and crime.
AGREED 100%

Old 03-09-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Steele is a well-spoken man with solid conservative values. He makes a good representative of the Republican Party and his race is inconsequencial.
The op is about what will it take for Steele and the GOP to attract more minority support.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:39 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I completely agree. In my opinion, Steele doesn't stand behind his convictions. I think the Limbaugh episode taught us that.

I, too, have noticed that not one Republican on this board has EVER issued a rebuke to racist comments about Obama or other African Americans. I think that's quite telling about the composition of their party today. Personally, I think the Republican party is down for the count.
Which racist comments are you talking about?

The conservatives I know don't care what race a person is. The libs are VERY concerned about race. Why do you think that is?

Old 03-09-2009, 02:41 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,780 times
Quote:
The first step IMO is realizing that minorities have issues that are unique to them, especially in the inner city. They need to realize that we don't vote race we vote issues and until they recognize our issues they won't be getting my vote. While they are talking about tax-cuts our inner city schools have half the resources that their suburban counter parts do, and our neighborhoods are overrun with drugs and crime.
Yes...those Irish/Chinese/Japanese, etc. are real cry babies. Crack open a history book...you might become a bit shamed and drop the victim drama.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:46 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
theses are a few Republican efforts from the days when they had a realistic chance of getting some minority votes . All these were issues that greatly helped inner city people.

Job partnership training act JPTA , Dan Quale
Planned Parenthood ,Gold water's wife
clean air and water act, Nixon era

Old 03-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Yes...those Irish/Chinese/Japanese, etc. are real cry babies. Crack open a history book...you might become a bit shamed and drop the victim drama.
You need to put down the book and take a field trip and spend some time.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:48 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
Quote:
Your ignoranct mentality is exactly what makes minorities turn away from you. You should actually spend some time around hispanic, black, or any other minority family and you will see that we want thae same things and are very family oriented. I can tell you speak from either extremely limited or no experience of a minority community.

The government cant get rid of all the drugs and crime if the neighborhoods are helping facilitate it.

You cant have someone holding your hand all the time.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:53 PM

727 posts, read 1,891,044 times
Quote:
The government cant get rid of all the drugs and crime if the neighborhoods are helping facilitate it.

But where do you think the drugs and guns come from? I'm not sure if you ever been in the inner-city but there is a two or three liquor stores in every two mile radius. I'm sorry I don't think there is anyone living in any inner-city,usa that can afford a airplane or a boat to ship guns or drugs. These drugs and guns don't appear from mid-air!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:

I bet you wouldn't walk down the street I grew up in, even with a gun without someone holding your hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies