Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Approve of President Obama Thus Far?
Approve 56 48.70%
Disapprove 56 48.70%
No Opinion 3 2.61%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 02:02 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a lot of back and forth here on the P&OC forum and subsequent subforms regarding approval and polls, so let us settle the issue once and for all. The poll is straight forward, please vote honestly.

Hopefully we can get at least 100 votes in before the poll closes one week from now (because politics, issues, and opinions change). I believe the current Gallup polls have him at 60%, let's see how this forum reflects those numbers..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 02:31 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
There seems to be a lot of back and forth here on the P&OC forum and subsequent subforms regarding approval and polls, so let us settle the issue once and for all. The poll is straight forward, please vote honestly.

Hopefully we can get at least 100 votes in before the poll closes one week from now (because politics, issues, and opinions change). I believe the current Gallup polls have him at 60%, let's see how this forum reflects those numbers..
Try using Pollster.com or Real Clear Politics which combine polls and are a tad more valid and reliable then yours.
RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News, Analysis, Videos and Polls
RCP Average 02/17 - 02/26 -- 64.2 27.2 +37.0
Note the 64.2 approval rating and the 37 point spread.

Pollster.com: National Job Approval: Pres. Barack Obama
Note their 61.5 approval and 31.4 disapproval or a 30 point spread.
Lurkers that should answer any real questions for you with reliable and valid polling data combined from multiple polling sources.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:37 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
I'll never trust a CD Political poll again (unless it's public so you can see who's voting) after it was found during the election that people posted on other forums to get people to come here just to vote against Obama.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:40 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I'll never trust a CD Political poll again (unless it's public so you can see who's voting) after it was found during the election that people posted on other forums to get people to come here just to vote against Obama.
Actually on that topic when we did a Google search, it turned out that there were several forums out on the net that people had posted on in order to get people to vote for Obama or McCain. I do not know if the topic is still out there, but I believe it was 4-1 ratio for Obama over McCain.

I suppose I should have made the results public, but I did not want people to feel like they had to vote along party lines or be singled out.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Actually on that topic when we did a Google search, it turned out that there were several forums out on the net that people had posted on in order to get people to vote for Obama or McCain. I do not know if the topic is still out there, but I believe it was 4-1 ratio for Obama over McCain.

I suppose I should have made the results public, but I did not want people to feel like they had to vote along party lines or be singled out.
Have fun with the toy poll but don't claim it settles anything.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:44 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:

You must be talking about an entirely different forum or situation. What happened here was one poster starting a weekly poll, getting frustrated with the fact that McCain continued to lose, and then went to other McCain and Ron Paul forums telling people to vote here. McCain then started mysteriously edging up in the polls.

Once found out and the next poll was made public, Obama was in the lead again. If the poll is public, you can then see if there are a bunch of 1 post votes that would be the "shills".

Old 03-02-2009, 02:45 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:

There are a number of very angry rightwing kooks on this forum.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
You must be talking about an entirely different forum or situation. What happened here was one poster starting a weekly poll, getting frustrated with the fact that McCain continued to lose, and then went to other McCain and Ron Paul forums telling people to vote here. McCain then started mysteriously edging up in the polls.

Once found out and the next poll was made public, Obama was in the lead again. If the poll is public, you can then see if there are a bunch of 1 post votes that would be the "shills".
That poll was so much fun, so much fun. Boy that was fun!

Old 03-02-2009, 03:01 PM

404 posts, read 560,880 times
The worst president on file so far.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:25 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYankee69 View Post
The worst president on file so far.
He is not asking about Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies