Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:18 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,580,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Does anyone else notice a profound liberal slant within the actual course material that our students are forced to pound into their heads in order to get A's? I am working on a 2nd degree and have been astounded by the amount of literature that promotes, outwardly, CNN and other liberal trends. I think it would be wise to check out your daughter's and son's textbooks and course material every now and then. If nothing else, you'll find it interesting to see where today's education is leading tomorrow's leaders and followers. And it is undeniable that they are leading them down a liberal path. The question is Why?

The answer is your misperception.

For some reason, rightwingers feel that anything that isn't biased in their favor is somehow biased against them. You're probably incapable of recognizing neutral information, seeing it as "slanted towards the left" since it isn't obviously slanted towards your personal viewpoint.

This angry denial of reality is in large part what's undoing the Republican party and conservatism in general. For too many years, conservative folks have tuned into angry, dishonest demagogues on radio and TV and uncritically accepted their baloney as being genuine. The current state of our country is ample evidence that the far-right agenda is a dismal failure. Yet, these same far-right mouthpieces now sink their hypocrisy to an even lower level and have turned to blame-shifting and scapegoating to try to cover their tracks.

I say this as a longtime Republican voter who's voted Democratic once, and unlikely to vote Republican again in the forseeable future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 07:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,264,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Its funny whenever i point this out to a liberal they flat out deny any bias..
Regarding college course's or extreme left professors.
Noone has mentioned what happens to a college student who is openly..
Conservative on a college campus.Speak out and your grade could be lowered.
Its happened to many students.
Got anything aside from your opinon and personal experience?
I never found that to be the case and I'm in college on military bases most of the time (I like school).

I guess it is a liberal trait to offer a lot of ideas and expect people to think and present arguments or logic to support their claims. My experience with many "conservatives" on this board is that they choose not to present clear arguments or logic to support their assertions.

Perhaps that is why these students received lower grades and there is really no big conspiracy against them.
You can always dispute grades and take it to the Department Chair or higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies