Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:59 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
his 2nd day in office.. go look it up.. if you can..lmao
No.

I want you to show me.
Don't chicken out now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 10:01 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
yeah lets talk about it.. the 1st 6 years of bush were excellent. the last 2 congress run years with pelosi and reid demoncrats was the beginning of the end and it continues on a downward spiral.. change you can believe in..
tin foil hats, sunglasses and koolaid for everyone!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:05 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunklhammer View Post
What surplus?? Are you talking about the one that existed on paper, since there never was an actual surplus of real money in the Treasury, and the surplus was also based on PROJECTED tax revenues?

You obamidiots can try all the revisionism you want, but unfortunately, there's more than ample evidence to refute your lies.
Explain the chart then.

image below to enlarge.http://zfacts.com/metaPage/lib/National-Debt-GDP.gif (broken link)

Old 03-10-2009, 10:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Gateway Pundit: The Obama Disaster-- 50 Days That Changed the World (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/03/obama-disaster-50-days-that-changed.html - broken link)

Just a few of his accomplishments so far - click the link for more.

How low can we go?
I am with you and failed to find one thing in that group that he hasn't accomplished up to now. Quite a record, it seems to me.

I didn't see any mention of the fact that he took the per family debt from about $18,000 to $80,000 by today. The worst part of that is that every family in the nation is counted there and some of them don't pay any income taxes so the rest of us owe much more than the $80,000. Won't it be fun watching as our grand children and great grand children try to pay off that debt.

Wouldn't it be nice if more of us cared about that debt that they added another $412 billion to today? Spend, spend, spend and buy votes with the little ones' money.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Explain the chart then.

image below to enlarge.
I think the $787 billion may be on that chart but today's $412 billion isn't. You have to hurry to include all his numbers. Comparing 50 days with 8 years may be too much, though.

i do think that some of you need to think about what happens every day as some new spend program goes into effect.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:09 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,107 times
It stuns me that people say Obama's actions thus far in office and the Dow have no correlation.
Americans for Tax Reform (ATR) released a taxpayer timeline of President Obama's first 50 days in office, what was said/done, and how the market reacted - interesting and worth reading.
Obama's First 50 Days: Devastating to Taxpayers: PRNewswire Business News - MSN Money (http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/category/topicarticle.aspx?feed=PR&Date=20090310&ID=9684293 &topic=TOPIC_ECONOMIC_INDICATORS&isub=3 - broken link)

BTW - From ATR site:
http://www.atr.org/
Can't believe it - Pat Boone of all people is calling for a tea party - Boston Tea Party style.

Quote:
We are being taxed without representation. We cannot allow a president and legislature to bail themselves and their friends out by signing our names to trillions of dollars in debt!
It's time for the tea party to start – right now. http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=90948

Old 03-10-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think the $787 billion may be on that chart but today's $412 billion isn't. You have to hurry to include all his numbers. Comparing 50 days with 8 years may be too much, though.

i do think that some of you need to think about what happens every day as some new spend program goes into effect.
Ok Roy, explain the debt being payed off in the Clinton years only to skyrocket in the Bush years. That was my question to sunklhammer.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Excellent link Vec101.

They are in complete denial, that's how.

They would rationalize any way possible to defend him.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
It stuns me that people say Obama's actions thus far in office and the Dow have no correlation.
Americans for Tax Reform (ATR) released a taxpayer timeline of President Obama's first 50 days in office, what was said/done, and how the market reacted - interesting and worth reading.
Obama's First 50 Days: Devastating to Taxpayers: PRNewswire Business News - MSN Money (http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/category/topicarticle.aspx?feed=PR&Date=20090310&ID=9684293 &topic=TOPIC_ECONOMIC_INDICATORS&isub=3 - broken link)
You mean these guys that only agenda is fighting taxes? They are a lobby to lower taxes regardless.

Quote:
Americans for Tax Reform is an interest group seeking to reduce the overall level of taxation in the United States, at the federal, state and local level. Its founder and president is Grover Norquist, an influential Republican lobbyist.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:17 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
You mean these guys that only agenda is fighting taxes? They are a lobby to lower taxes regardless.
Did you read the article? It was a timeline of statements/actions by Obama/the Feds and the Dow. It was not an opinion piece. So what does it matter who composed the info? The facts are the facts. Which BTW, it was an article by PRNewswire-USNewswire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies