Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:29 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,595,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Mark Sanford is an interesting guy. He was one of two dissenting votes against Clinton's proposal for regime change in Iraq. He is also a civil libertarian in most respects and especially to his position on the war on drugs.

Great article on the guy at The American Conservative magazine

The American Conservative -- Plain Right
I agree. He is an interesting guy, and he actually gives thought to issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 10:30 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,167,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Did it cross your mind that taking the money might cost them an election? NOT everyone supports this stimulus package

Ya, there are so many states that don't need the money...LOLOLOL!!!!!

Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,979,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionwhy View Post
Isnt it funny how the Republicans are going crazy or pretending to go crazy over this stimulus package that is supposed to help the average American, yet they had no problem with the trillions that went to the criminals on wall street

I just wish America would finally wake up and see who the enemy is

Why do Republican hate working people?
This guy claimed he loved the working people. Why don't you believe him? Is he not black enough for ya?

Old 03-11-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Isnt it funny how the Republicans are going crazy or pretending to go crazy over this stimulus package that is supposed to help the average American, yet they had no problem with the trillions that went to the criminals on wall street

I just wish America would finally wake up and see who the enemy is

Why do Republican hate working people?
I noticed that, too. But remember the new "god" for Republicans are the uber wealthy....they bow, worship, obey and are blinded...as with other religions.........

Old 03-11-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
This guy claimed he loved the working people. Why don't you believe him? Is he not black enough for ya?

Oh, so you hate the working class on principle....

Nice phalic symbolism in your photo , BTW.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:36 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,389,630 times
Quote:
Isnt it funny how the Republicans are going crazy or pretending to go crazy over this stimulus package that is supposed to help the average American, yet they had no problem with the trillions that went to the criminals on wall street?
I had a HUGE problem with TARP. Many republicans did. You don't remember legislators getting calls 10-1 against TARP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yup, if they want be re-elected they will FLIP FLOP and take the money
Sanford's not running for re-elction (its his second term) so its going to be interesting to see what happens. I'm from SC, and I'm glad the guys standing up against it.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:36 AM

182 posts, read 103,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post

again why do Republicans not seem to mind the trillions that are going to wall street, but the money that is being spent on the people they are going crazy about

and dont bring up Stalin, things were different then

Old 03-11-2009, 10:38 AM

182 posts, read 103,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I noticed that, too. But remember the new "god" for Republicans are the uber wealthy....they bow, worship, obey and are blinded...as with other religions.........

I mean it is weird, Republicans dont even make any bones about it, they absolutley hate the poor and the working class, if you are not a corporate criminal or born into wealth they think you are UnAmerican and should die

Old 03-11-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
I had a HUGE problem with TARP. Many republicans did. You don't remember legislators getting calls 10-1 against TARP?

Didn't work , did it?

Sanford's not running for re-elction (its his second term) so its going to be interesting to see what happens. I'm from SC, and I'm glad the guys standing up against it.
HE may not be running but another member of his party may be.......

And he ONLY standing up against SOME of it.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:47 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,979,887 times
Quote:
again why do Republicans not seem to mind the trillions that are going to wall street, but the money that is being spent on the people they are going crazy about

and dont bring up Stalin, things were different then
Um, that wasn't Stalin

True republicans opposed it from the beginning. You're thinking of RINOs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies