Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 02:08 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times

Advertisements

Good grief. People have been "allowed" to travel to Communist China for ages. They sure are much more dangerous and abuse human rights more than poor Cuba. Who knows how much better Cuba would have done had our government not prevented the free flow of goods and travel between our two countries. But the lobbyist for the rich Cubans in Florida kept that from happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 02:09 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,273 times
I hope they do lift it. I want to hit the Cuban beaches and enjoy a good cigar.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:44 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Interesting thing about Cuban cigars...
A lot of seeds were sent to other countries in Central America so you're getting basically Cuban tobacco in cigars that you can purchase now.
Every other country sells them, just not the US.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:48 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
It is irrelevant whether cubans are permitted to roam anywhere or not, ergo it should not affect American freedoms. The point is that America does not permit AMERICANS to travel to Cuba, all because of latino voter garnering in So. FL. or commie boogeyman talk, but certainly not because we're taking a stand against any dictator in particular. You may visit any number of other banana republic countries housing dictators, many of whom America has propped up over the past couple of decades. This is just more childish "the commies are gonna git us if we allow Americans to travel there" nonsense. The real proposal is: How cowardly that American leaders would use its childish temper tantrums and political posturing to restrict America's freedoms...

Traveling to Cuba, regardless of what manner you do so is illegal for Americans. To do an end runaround Canada is technically illegal (not that it should stop anyone, just sayin').
So, to summarize: even though you admit you can travel to Cuba any time, and that Cuba is ruled by scum who not only keep their own people in ignorant thrall but eagerly express their desire to house nuclear weapons pointed at our country, you consider any effort to isolate and restirct their power an insult to YOUR convenience which outweighs all other considerations.

What outrage will you address next? The dearth of charity carwashes to raise money for the Taliban?

Old 03-17-2009, 06:39 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
So, to summarize: even though you admit you can travel to Cuba any time, and that Cuba is ruled by scum who not only keep their own people in ignorant thrall but eagerly express their desire to house nuclear weapons pointed at our country, you consider any effort to isolate and restirct their power an insult to YOUR convenience which outweighs all other considerations.
Spin spin spin...

The American government expressly prohibits travel to Cuba from any American airport because of vote garners and crybabies in DC high command. Again, why allow Americans to visit other banana republics or oppressive countries in sub-sahara Africa yet prohibit travel to Cuba? Political posturing, as the Castros are not OUR sons of a b----. How DARE my country as "land of the free" tell me where I may and may not visit for personal reasons?

Just more feel good world cop nonsense.

Quote:
What outrage will you address next? The dearth of charity carwashes to raise money for the Taliban?
I admit the herrings are very delicious, but how did they get so red?

Old 03-17-2009, 06:40 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Good grief. People have been "allowed" to travel to Communist China for ages. They sure are much more dangerous and abuse human rights more than poor Cuba. Who knows how much better Cuba would have done had our government not prevented the free flow of goods and travel between our two countries. But the lobbyist for the rich Cubans in Florida kept that from happening.
Don't forget vote garnering for that very purple state of FL.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:07 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Spin spin spin...

The American government expressly prohibits travel to Cuba from any American airport because of vote garners and crybabies in DC high command. Again, why allow Americans to visit other banana republics or oppressive countries in sub-sahara Africa yet prohibit travel to Cuba? Political posturing, as the Castros are not OUR sons of a b----. How DARE my country as "land of the free" tell me where I may and may not visit for personal reasons?

Just more feel good world cop nonsense.

I admit the herrings are very delicious, but how did they get so red?
If you consider a Cuba permanently ruled by the Castros and as eager to possess and use nukes against us now as in 1961 a red herring, you must be an Aquarian working for scale.

No world policeman claims here (I'm the one opposed to Obama's adventure in Afghanistan, remember?) --- just an inclination to keep the paranoid scumbags parked 90 miles off our shore busy rotating the tires on their '59 DeSotos without any help from us.

Cuba can go p1ss up a rope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies