Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:28 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,728 times

Advertisements

How bout dat?

Quote:
Mideast: In most ways, the news from Iraq couldn't be better. People there feel more secure, and are more committed to democracy, than ever. Is it possible that President Bush was right after all?

A poll of average Iraqis conducted by ABC News, the BBC and Japan's NHK shows significant progress on virtually all fronts. Yet, we've heard nary a peep about it from anyone.
I realize all the left will denounce this, but do I really care what they think? Hell, no. Whine on, y'all. IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- Bush's Big Victory (http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=322096047909804 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 07:32 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,287 times
Actually, Obama gets most of the credit for the good news coming out of Iraq. Bush hasn't been President for 3 months.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:38 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Actually, Obama gets most of the credit for the good news coming out of Iraq. Bush hasn't been President for 3 months.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:40 PM

224 posts, read 378,262 times
That's some real change for you.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:40 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Are you serious? ROFL! Any success in Iraq has nothing to do with Obama.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:42 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
How bout dat?

I realize all the left will denounce this, but do I really care what they think? Hell, no. Whine on, y'all. IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- Bush's Big Victory (http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=322096047909804 - broken link)

Honestly, i could care less if they feel secure. My concern is the 3000+ US lives that have been lost in a war that was started because they tried to take out Bush senior (please don't say its because of 9-11). I care about the Billions of dollars spent on a useless war.
I care about the fact that the Mexican drug cartel is bringing their war into the US. I care about the many murder/suicides that have occuring over the last year. I care about the millions of US citizens without medical insurance. I care about the million of US Citizens out of work.

I care about the millions of young adults who can not afford to attend college and finally, I care about the state of the economy.

So only a simple minded person would consider this as whining, i see it as having concern for MY COUNTRY and COUNTRY men. Has nothing to do with left or right.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Gee, I wonder what the million displaced Iraqis feel about this. Does this bring back the limbs to soldiers that are forever disabled? Does it bring back the dead soldiers to their families?

What a moronic thing to boast about. Your own country is in the toilet and you are giving self-serving sociopath Bush credit for something that he did for himself. Do you think that Bush gave a rat's butt for Iraqis? The only reason that Bush went after Saddam was because Saddam once almost took papa Bush out. Bush kicked The USA to the curb for his own and Cheney's war mongering agenda and that is the bottom line.

just an afterthought...when is Iraq going to pay us back what was spent there with their oil profits? Huh? Remember when Bush promised us that? Huh?

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-16-2009 at 08:40 PM..

Old 03-16-2009, 07:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Are you serious? ROFL! Any success in Iraq has nothing to do with Obama.
Wow, you don't understand sarcasm, do you? You really didn't get what that was about? How old or gullible are you?

Old 03-16-2009, 07:51 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
Since the OP didn't care what others say, who did they want to respond to this? Just people who find this one tidbit of information that supports their view?

What's so good about democracy? Who cares if someone else has it? Since when is that our business and since when do WE have to pay for it? Our American "democracy" manifested as two political parties that collude to screw every American citizen out of their cash and rights. The will of the people here is ignored. And after eight years of torture, war, bombing, depleted uranium, electric fences, infrastructure destruction, and military invasion, one poll says the people of Iraq say they're feeling better? The earth just shifted on its axis. The truth is we simply replaced one horror with another: the American-bought-and-paid-for dictatorship of Saddam was replaced by a faux democracy being jammed down unwilling throats. Government is not one size fits all, especially those that are imposed.

Was this "improvement" worth the trillion dollars we spent and the million lives lost? If so, go pat yourself on the back. But don't expect the dead to remain silent.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:08 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
Yes, of course! Nothing signifies Bush's presidency like the "success" in Iraq.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies