Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:01 AM

182 posts, read 103,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Can't give you the whole history but I'm sure you knew about Lenin, Stalin, Khrushchev, Brezhnev....etc....

Winning the Cold War

Read all the parts your liberal school indoctrination process left out.... Plenty more but a search on the forum would be much easier for you.

yawn, cold war crap, god bless Reagan he saved us from communism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 11:04 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times
Boyhood - Speak to me directly. I brought up race because you said Reagan didnt care about the wealth of anyone but the top 1%. I quoted a fact to prove Reagans economic policies did not prejudice anyone and on the contrary improved the wealth and economic status of a great many.

You bring up the deficit. Okay. What is your arguement? Is a deficit a bad thing? How did that affect us? Did our DOW or GNP decline. Did unemployment rise? Nope, nope and it didn't.

Our economoy prospered under Reagan. So what's your point? Do you have a credit card, a school loan, mortgage or car payment? If you do, that kinda makes you a hyprocrite if your arguement that debt is bad. Please explain yourself.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:06 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionwhy View Post
Nevermind the fact he is dead and never mind the fact that his administration is the reason why America is in such a mess right now, but why are the Republicans who are supposed to be so fiscally conservative, allowing a 1 Million dollar Cenentennial to be held in a few years, only 2 Republicans voted against this.

On a side note the Democrats really need to wake up, as long as the Republicans keep parading Reagan around as a man of the people, the Democrats wont get anywhere, I could picture the Republicans using this as leverage for their run in 2012, Democrats really need to expose Reagan for what he is, a man who only cared about the wealthy and did all he can to put the nations wealth into the top 1% of the country, his administration has been a success as we see with the crisis today and the way the Republican party is.
Give me a break, it's been 20 years since he left office. I guess since he believed in supply-side (trickle-down) economics, you feel he shifted the country's wealth (what ever that is) into the top 1% of the population. OK, then tell me, what percentage of the population held the country's wealth prior to his election?

In order for him to get elected, it took what are known as the "Reagan Democrats" to vote for him. Did you know that up until age 51, he was a democrat.

Did you also know that real median family income grew by $4,000 during the Reagan period after experiencing no growth in the pre-Reagan years and it experienced a loss of almost $1,500 in the post-Reagan years.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:07 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times
Quote:
god bless Reagan he saved us from communism
Exactly. I'm glad you are coming around. God bless the man. That's why they're spending a million dollars on his birthday.

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
yawn, cold war crap, god bless Reagan he saved us from communism

25 years of prosperity and growth? Would you have rather spent 25 years in 40 mile long gas lines?

Never mind you really don't care one way or the other or you'd be worried about Mr. Martini and Mrs. Conga Line blowing money on lavish parties while the end of the white house is on fire. Sorry I thought you were sincere. Buy Reagan a $10 cake and be done with it..... But Mr. Blowhard should stop with the parties and Mrs. US Credit Card (Pelosi) needs to walk back and forth across the country. She can have secret service walk with her. Mrs. Pelosi spent over a million dollars and never even got on the tax payer (succubus) subsidized private planes....

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Obama kicks up White House entertaining

Don't you think cocktail parties on the tax payers dime is just as bad? I mean he hasn't done anything yet except write books about himself and get elected as president. Most presidents wait till they see if they are a failure or not....not Mr. Powder His Nose. At least we know party favors don't cost the CIA anything.....
This picture is disturbing he looks so evil and pis*ed!

Last edited by Miborn; 04-07-2009 at 09:33 AM..

Old 03-11-2009, 11:09 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Quote:
it is funny how all the Republicans pretended they were against this latest stimulus package, and then when it was their opportunity to accept the money or refuse it they all accepted it
Funny, I never thought that every Republican voting down the stimulus package would be 'pretending'. And it looks like there are several governors who are not accepting the money...

Quote:
Yes because I am sure Bush and the other previous Republican presidents never wasted money on Inaugural parties for themselves
As long as it is with their money, who gives a damn? Hiring caterers, entertainers, and having a place to throw said party sounds like a fine way to stimulate the economy, no? At least, that was the arguement offered up by the Democrats around inaguration time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
I quoted a fact to prove Reagans economic policies did not prejudice anyone and on the contrary improved the wealth and economic status of a great many.
Actually it did prejudice people, those who were not willing to work. Under Reagan, we saw the first instances of a black middle class, the highest wealth gains among the middle class, and an overall boom. And the growth under Reagn was not 100% credit based like it was in the 1990s.

Quote:
You bring up the deficit. Okay. What is your arguement? Is a deficit a bad thing? How did that affect us? Did our DOW or GNP decline. Did unemployment rise? Nope, nope and it didn't.
Most of Reagan's spending was in the DoD. That is fine with me, I speak from experience when I tell you that our military was in dire need of an overhaul in the late 70s and into the 80s.

If you hate Reagan so much, stop using GPS, since he authorized putting into civilian use. Also, no more cell phones or computers for you! A lot of technology that would later fuel the dot com bubble came from military research under Reagan.

And trust me, in the 1980s a lot of Democrats (such as myself at the time) were behind Reagan throughout his presidency. He was also the only card carrying union member to become president, so perhaps the Democrats should be on this side of the fence...

Last edited by Frankie117; 03-11-2009 at 11:17 AM..

Old 03-11-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Boyhood - Speak to me directly. I brought up race because you said Reagan didnt care about the wealth of anyone but the top 1%. I quoted a fact to prove Reagans economic policies did not prejudice anyone and on the contrary improved the wealth and economic status of a great many.

Our economoy prospered under Reagan. So what's your point? Do you have a credit card, a school loan, mortgage or car payment? If you do, that kinda makes you a hyprocrite if your arguement that debt is bad. Please explain yourself.

our economy prospered under reagan because we were borrowing money and now we are paying for it

and no I dont have any of these debts but I have a ton of medical bills and poor health, something that could have been prevented had I had access to health care a year ago but I was denied because I couldnt afford it and didnt qualify for medicaid, I have personal reasons for forever hating the Republican party, a deep hatred

Old 03-11-2009, 11:12 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
They'll always prop up Reagan. It has worked all these years, they won't stop.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
25 years of prosperity and growth? Would you have rather spent 25 years in 40 mile long gas lines?

compared to what we had yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies