Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,355,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Wasn't Jim Cramer the guy SCREAMING and telling people to buy Lehman Bro's stocks right before it tanked? If that is MSNBC's go to expert, then good night Gracie
That's the guy,......... The Billy Mays of finance. Order now and get a free ShamWow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 10:39 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,540,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Wasn't Jim Cramer the guy SCREAMING and telling people to buy Lehman Bro's stocks right before it tanked? If that is MSNBC's go to expert, then good night Gracie
Yes, he was the one who was outed by Stewart last week, it was a classic video. It was on this forum, you guys should check it out again.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:48 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,309,632 times
ahhh yes, let the trademark liberal character assassination begin.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:48 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,978,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionwhy View Post
you think anyone who works on wall street is a liberal? Just wait another 15 years and you will see what real liberals are like, you will be praying we will have corporate conservatives like Obama who are still extremly right-corporate wing
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:52 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,578,626 times
I'm sorry, but that screaming guy is annoying. I don't care what party affiliation he hails from.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:06 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,540,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
ahhh yes, let the trademark liberal character assassination begin.
Holy crap, totally pot calling the kettle black. Get a clue!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:19 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,468,053 times
Quote:
Originally posted by TnHilltopper
He also predicted that oil would go to 5 or 6 bucks a gallon back when oil was $150 a barrell. Then the bubble burst. I saw him on Morning Joe, and he seemed like a decent enough guy, but I want to get my financial advice from someone without a soundboard and doesn't yell. Yelling grates on me. Always has.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:28 AM

986 posts, read 2,805,058 times
Just shows us all one thing....if you disagree with this administration, no mater what side...you are going down!!!!!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 AM

956 posts, read 1,232,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Was he ever? I never saw him as one.
He was a lifelong Democrat and liberal thinker. He supported Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Nah, still don't care. If someone is so easily swayed to a different party, why would I want them a part of my party? No thanks, you can have your Rush.
Easily swayed? I doubt it was easy. It's never easy to recognize that you've made a mistake, that the man you elected isn't the right guy for the job after all.

Kramer also admitted on air and apologized for the advice he gave during one of the biggest bull markets in our history.

Admitting you've made a mistake is very difficult to do. I should know. I had to admit when I started to see all the mistakes Bush made with the economy.

I don't think Kramer has changed parties ... not at all. Like so many others, he simply realizes that Obama was the wrong choice, that he isn't taking this country in the right direction where the economy is concerned. He's not recognizing the priorities.

I can't watch Kramer's show either ... too nutty for me. But I love seeing him on other shoes, Mornin' Joe included.

Incidently, Jon Stewart last night did the funniest bit on this whole thing between Kramer and him and now Joe. Maybe it's on YouTube by now. Worth a Google! It was hysterical!

Old 03-11-2009, 12:41 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,171,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
He also predicted that oil would go to 5 or 6 bucks a gallon back when oil was $150 a barrell. Then the bubble burst. I saw him on Morning Joe, and he seemed like a decent enough guy, but I want to get my financial advice from someone without a soundboard and doesn't yell. Yelling grates on me. Always has.
Hey, I'm with ya on this one. Economics and related issues are something I try to listen more than I speak because I am no economist and watching some guy who as another poster mentioned was like Billy Mayes... no can do.

Give me dry and precise, well reasoned arguments over why something should be a certain way as I can't take the scream jocks either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies