Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 05:02 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,449,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Sorry, you did not make your point by citing an isolated incident where Hersh was supplied with questionable material.

His journalism and publishing prizes include the Pulitzer Prize, a record five George Polk Awards, the Lennon-Ono Peace Prize and more than a dozen other prizes (Sigma Delta Chi, Worth Bingham, Sidney Hillman, etc.) for investigative reporting.

UW Hagey lecturer, Seymour Hersh, to talk about U.S. policy in Middle East | News, Media, and Events | University of Waterloo

Another point is that The Vampire Cheney is very capable of these accusations and if you had any idea of Cheney's history, you would realize just how silly your defense of this criminal sounds. Shame on you for being partisan concerning an issue such as this!
Seymour Hersh is a whacko leftist and all the awards he's won are noted for coming from whacky leftist leaning organizations.

If Cheney actually had the amount of power to kill you're inferring, it's my bet, people like Seymour Hersh would disappear one day while walking in the park.

However, for all you who think you know what's going on, I'll just enlighten you by mentioning, there's a good 10 ... let's call them 'spy agencies' that are so secret in this country, you'll never even hear of them. There are things that occur in this country and abroad you're never going to know about and you know what? You don't need to.

Pound your fists all you want. You'd be better served spending your time living your life than ever thinking you're going to actually change anything by your rants.

Gimme a break already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 05:39 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Seymour Hersh is a whacko leftist and all the awards he's won are noted for coming from whacky leftist leaning organizations.

If Cheney actually had the amount of power to kill you're inferring, it's my bet, people like Seymour Hersh would disappear one day while walking in the park.

However, for all you who think you know what's going on, I'll just enlighten you by mentioning, there's a good 10 ... let's call them 'spy agencies' that are so secret in this country, you'll never even hear of them. There are things that occur in this country and abroad you're never going to know about and you know what? You don't need to.

Pound your fists all you want. You'd be better served spending your time living your life than ever thinking you're going to actually change anything by your rants.

Gimme a break already.
Sounds like Hitler or Stalin or even the Soviet Union during the cold war... yes, we can make you disappear, so what citizen, suck it up.

I can't help but think of that oath that soldier's swear when they enlist:

Quote:
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
So the United States Constitution means nothing anymore I guess, that's good to know.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:46 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,449,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Sounds like Hitler or Stalin or even the Soviet Union during the cold war... yes, we can make you disappear, so what citizen, suck it up.

I can't help but think of that oath that soldier's swear when they enlist:

So the United States Constitution means nothing anymore I guess, that's good to know.
Oh, you mean the same one the POTUS, the senators, the congressmen, the CIA, the FBI, and the unnamed agencies, and all the agnecy secretaries, etc., vow to uphold???????????

WAKE UP!!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 05:47 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,058 times
I trust Seymour Herst and his writing; he researches thoroughly, he investigates, he confirms any comments/sources...did anyone read the Dark Side of Camelot...if not, I suggest highly that you find that book (amazon has them) and read it and I shall presume this book will be has honest, well written and correct as his other articles and publications.

Maybe it is too scary to read?

Old 03-12-2009, 05:51 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Sorry, you did not make your point by citing an isolated incident where Hersh was supplied with questionable material.

His journalism and publishing prizes include the Pulitzer Prize, a record five George Polk Awards, the Lennon-Ono Peace Prize and more than a dozen other prizes (Sigma Delta Chi, Worth Bingham, Sidney Hillman, etc.) for investigative reporting.

UW Hagey lecturer, Seymour Hersh, to talk about U.S. policy in Middle East | News, Media, and Events | University of Waterloo

Another point is that The Vampire Cheney is very capable of these accusations and if you had any idea of Cheney's history, you would realize just how silly your defense of this criminal sounds. Shame on you for being partisan concerning an issue such as this!

A pox on those foolish enough to bring partisanship into this issue. People
who scream about keeping "In God We Trust" on money are too often the same people who condone ungodly acts. People who attack the messenger can't handle the reality of the message. People who contend
that it's all okay because Americans aren't competent to know what acts
are committed by their government forget that it is "...of the people, by
the people and for the people." Our Bill of Rights and Constitution were
specifically written to avoid the repitition of abuses perpetrated by European monarchies and religious entities, and most of us understand that. "Party over country" makes a mockery of the courage and intellect
of our founding fathers.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:01 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times
Bush, Cheney and the whole gang should be rounded up, strapped down and waterboarded until they tell the truth.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:04 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times
Quote:
Oh, you mean the same one the POTUS, the senators, the congressmen, the CIA, the FBI, and the unnamed agencies, and all the agnecy secretaries, etc., vow to uphold???????????

WAKE UP!!!!
That is right, they do take the same oath which is the point of my posts and my reasoning why it is important to ensure this kind of thing doesn't reoccur.

Little children get raped every year, but since it happens do we then just say... oh well, it happens, no biggie? Of course not, it is simply wrong and it is against the law. The law actually means something to me and should mean something to those who swear upon God to uphold our laws.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:45 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
Obama, Bush Secret-Keeper
What's the president's rationale for keeping so many legal skeletons in the closet?

What's the president's rationale for keeping so many legal skeletons in the closet? - By Dahlia Lithwick - Slate Magazine

Old 03-12-2009, 08:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:

Gimme a break already.
Excuse me, but I very cohesively speak the truth. From the tone of your post, you are the one that is ranting.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:37 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Like the airplane with Hale Boggs in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies