Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:24 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshie View Post
LOL. It doesn't matter what I say or what you believe. Look at what the hell's happened to your stock portfolio, assuming you have one.
Thats why its in our best interest to continue to throw your boys out of office like the last two election cycles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 09:24 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
You are mindboggling! Obama is for the people, he sure as hell is not for big business. Where have you been the last 50 days? On vacation down in Crawford? Obama is pushing all these policies through like he said he would during his campaign. I don't know if you did or you didn't vote for him but if you did you should not be surprised on how he is pushing through his policies on Health Care, Gitmo, Energy, Iraq War, Education, Pro Union etc. To claim he is not for the people you couldn't be further from the truth. Why do you think Wall Street Hates him? It's not because he is pro-business that's for sure. He is doing exactly what he said he would do. Now if you didn't vote for him I don't know what to say but you lost plain and simple.
Obama is obviously striking a nerve with these neocon leftovers... they're getting desperate and groping for anything critical they can dig up - no matter how dumb...

Obama's keeping most of his campaign promises as far as I am concerned - and I am very glad that I voted for him - I'm confident that it was the right choice - by an extremely wide margin!!!

I go to bed feeling good about things...

They go to bed frustrated and angry...

What more could you ask for?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:25 PM

24 posts, read 18,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
You are mindboggling! Obama is for the people, he sure as hell is not for big business. Where have you been the last 50 days? On vacation down in Crawford? Obama is pushing all these policies through like he said he would during his campaign. I don't know if you did or you didn't vote for him but if you did you should not be surprised on how he is pushing through his policies on Health Care, Gitmo, Energy, Iraq War, Education, Pro Union etc. To claim he is not for the people you couldn't be further from the truth. Why do you think Wall Street Hates him? It's not because he is pro-business that's for sure. He is doing exactly what he said he would do. Now if you didn't vote for him I don't know what to say but you lost plain and simple.
Well Said!!! Obama never hid is intentions. Honestly, does he speak so well that you can't understand what he was saying? Obama is all about the people, that's exactly why I'm paying their mortgages now!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 PM

71 posts, read 110,068 times
Lamexican,

1) $780 billion stimulus spending bill + $440 billion omnibus bill in six weeks.

Question: Those deficits you wrote about. Do you think they've gotten bigger or smaller under Obama?

2) Those tax cuts you wrote about. Was the DOW up over 14,000 in 2007 with those tax cuts in place or not?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Thats why its in our best interest to continue to throw your boys out of office like the last two election cycles.
Why? So we can watch Democrats tear down the stock market even more than they have the last 2 elections cycles? Your comment makes no sense.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:30 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
LOL. It doesn't matter what I say or what you believe. Look at what the hell's happened to your stock portfolio, assuming you have one.
Who cares about your stock portfolio other than you. Obama was elected to represent us, not Wall Street. You know as well as I if you even do possess a stock portfolio that historically Wall Street/Stock Trends have peaks and valleys. So, why are you so dumbfounded? We are undergoing extraordinary times, are you that delusional?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Obama is obviously striking a nerve with these neocon leftovers... they're getting desperate and groping for anything critical they can dig up - no matter how dumb...

Obama's keeping most of his campaign promises as far as I am concerned - and I am very glad that I voted for him - I'm confident that it was the right choice - by an extremely wide margin!!!

I go to bed feeling good about things...

They go to bed frustrated and angry...

What more could you ask for?
You go to bed feeling good about the economy and your savings going to hell? That doesn't sound rational.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:32 PM

24 posts, read 18,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
The media did a terrific sales job. Anytime anything negative was brought up about Obama's policies, etc. they were quick to sweep it under the rug. It was certainly an eye-opening experience to watch. So glad we have fair and balanced reporting in the US. NOT.
And that my friends is why I watch FOX news!! By the way I loved the piece on Obama's terrorist affiliations. No wonder after just two days in office he issues an executive order to close Gitmo. Oh yeah and let's not forget the "Afghan Allies Protection Act of 2009" that is added right into the omnibus spending bill HR 1105.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:33 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:

I won't make that mistake again.
poor fella. you drank the kool-aide, like so many others.

unlike most, you noticed the cleverly disguised bitter almond aftertaste.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:33 PM

"Hooray! Our savings have been cut in half, and the economy is in the sewer and getting worse. Let's throw a pep rally for the guy who's doing it!!"

Some of you leftwingers are hard to figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies