Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 05:21 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
So........you prefer skull-chipping to Roe v Wade-chipping?
Have you read the link or any posts on this board?

Once you can get pregnant, make a comment.
Until then, you don't know what goes into a person's decision process.
Do you really think that a person would carry a fetus for 30 weeks and then decide to abort for no reason.

Your ignorance is showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 09:04 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Yes, it sounds all good and well that only in the most extreme cases would a d&e ever be performed. And I certainly hope that is true.
Unfortunately, it was not true in at least one circumstance
Doctor loses license in live birth abortion case - CNN.com

It is cases like that that make me wonder what oversight is given abortion clinics, especially those that perform late term abortions? I am aware of no oversight whatsoever. What is happening at these clinics? Was this baby born alive a one in a million happening? Or has it happened before?
As long as the prochoice movement is more concerned with protecting their sacred cow, bad doctors and bad outcomes will continue to occur. After all -- drs do protect their own anyways, throw in abortion and you have doctors that have become untouchable.
Regardless of views on abortion that is not right.
And, I am not saying give the catholic church oversight on abortion clinics, no! But there should be oversight, there should be regulation to make sure abuses are not happening.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:14 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
of course they don't. I will never understand why they fight this fight so hard for "babies" they don't know, won't know, would never have known in the first place, when there are so many other issues in the world affecting actual living, breathing human beings.

Some of us are prolife...period. Of course we are concerned about the life of each human being and the sanctity of it. What is astounding to me is the same people who are so pro choice and think killing babies is their God given right, get so up in arms about animal rights...more so than a child's rights. Somebody has their priorities messed up that is for sure.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:47 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Have you read the link or any posts on this board?

Once you can get pregnant, make a comment.
Until then, you don't know what goes into a person's decision process.
Do you really think that a person would carry a fetus for 30 weeks and then decide to abort for no reason.

Your ignorance is showing.
Exactly. I posted in this thread *before* I read that story about the woman who was VERY upset about her late term abortion.

It is upsetting and in this time of sadness, I would want nobody involved in my business. I do not want people who are religious to tell me what I do with my body.

What pro life/ religious people don't understand is that I am pro choice, not pro abortion. I don't like it. But it is the ultimate choice of the woman.

That story was very upsetting and I certainly hope that she finds the healing she seeks. It is unfortunate to go through that. If anything happened to my friends baby girl, I would go nuts and freak out. If it was my own child....I cannot even begin to imagine.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:48 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Some of us are prolife...period. Of course we are concerned about the life of each human being and the sanctity of it. What is astounding to me is the same people who are so pro choice and think killing babies is their God given right, get so up in arms about animal rights...more so than a child's rights. Somebody has their priorities messed up that is for sure.
Nobody in their sane right mind thinks that killing babies is their God giving right.

The sooner you realize that, the better.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:56 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,100,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I do not see how a society can condone this inhumane practice and call itself civilized.
I don't understand how we can show the little amount of compasion to the poor that we do and call ourselves civilized.

I don't understand how you can side with a party that fights against giving sick children health care and call yourselves civilized.

There's a lot of things you (or I) will never understand in this word.

Your point?

Old 03-12-2009, 10:56 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I think that's wise, and I salute you for it. From everything I've read regarding late-term abortion, these women go through hell finding out that their babies are not going to live, or will have severe, uncorrectable problems. A representative story is here:

My Late-Term Abortion - The Boston Globe

And, yes, I cried when I read it. I don't see how anyone could not.
what a heartbreaking story.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Exactly.

I do not agree with partial abortion but I do think it should remain legal. Like Emeraldmaidensaid, you will never know the entire story.

This is private between the woman and her doctor and who ever else she decides to involve.

It is better for the law to not get involved in things like abortion. I am not saying this to make people angry or anything but I do believe that people should stay out of others peoples business.

You don't know the story or conditions.

Abortion is sad no matter when it is done but once again, it is the womans business. Not yours, mine, or anyones.
exactly!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
kind of like being pro-life, but being against food stamps or WIC for the child once it is in this world. Let's make sure all the babies are born, and then let them starve if their mothers are poor! makes a lot of sense.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:13 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I think that's wise, and I salute you for it. From everything I've read regarding late-term abortion, these women go through hell finding out that their babies are not going to live, or will have severe, uncorrectable problems. A representative story is here:

My Late-Term Abortion - The Boston Globe

And, yes, I cried when I read it. I don't see how anyone could not.
Very sad story, one that I also lived - though I didn't abort. But many women do and it is a hard decision for them.
Still -- the woman in Fl aborted at 20+ weeks because she didn't want it. Different circumstances, the same outcome. Well, except the FL woman had a butcher who was allowed to practice for years.
I would like to know how many later term abortions are being done, and what the reasons for them are. Unfortunately we will never know as abortion providers keep their records close to their vest. The tend not to be reliable in self reporting as witnessed by the FL dr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies