Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
He always is holding press conferences and reading his teleprompters, so why now did he hide and sign this 8,500 earmark spending spree?

Where were the cameras? Teleprompter Man loves the cameras and using 20 pens to sign. Where was the show? I missed it!
Jenny there was nothing to see since he signed that one behind closed doors after signing some others with great show earlier. He was so sure that we all knew that he didn't like this one but we had to have it. Now his promise about no earmarks on him is even more serious since he just can't let another of this kind happen. He blew this one but he will pay sometime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Why did Obama hide when signing for the 410 Billion $'s
Because, #1, it's none of your business.
#2, earmarks represent less than 1% of the budget amount
#3, 40% of the earmarks belong to republicans
any more dumb questions?
The only answer you gave is #1. It is none of the business of voters and tax payers. That is what you meant, isn't it? No business of non-Obama voters. We don't count since he won. Right?

Old 03-12-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
I thought you'd get a chuckle out of that one.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/assets...nsibility2.pdf
What does your link have to do with your answer above? I can't find it other than the fact that we need all kinds of transparency and responsibility and this action by the President shows neither. No wonder he signed that thing that he says he hates in private.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
But he was so public about signing the stimulus bill.
But he needed that one so he could use it politically since he was signing in the city of his nomination. So much necessary about where he signed that one for all to see.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
What would it matter? In the It's All Bad world of the right-wing, signing it in a public ceremony -- no matter how muted -- would only have been seen as a blatant indicator of how Obama was lying all along about his supposed opposition to earmarks It's either one from Column-A or one from Column-B from these folks. There's a pre-packaged complaint that waits down every fork in the road with these people. It's like Let's Make a Deal with a booby prize behind all three doors. It's become farcical...
The farcical part is the fact that he was, indeed, lying about earmarks and just worked himself into a hole with this pork project. He said he had to sign it but there would be no more like it. I can't wait to see Pelosi try to pull another one on him. We will then see if he is lying this time or not. I don't know why he said that yesterday, but he did. She will certainly try to pull another one on him any time now and we will find out who really is the President these days.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Jenny there was nothing to see since he signed that one behind closed doors after signing some others with great show earlier. He was so sure that we all knew that he didn't like this one but we had to have it. Now his promise about no earmarks on him is even more serious since he just can't let another of this kind happen. He blew this one but he will pay sometime soon.
YOU haven't proven that Obama said he would eliminate earmarks and NO ONE ELSE has either....so YOU are blowing smoke...as with another poster....LIES mean the rest of the post is unbelievable.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I believe that's Bush's bill.
What part of that bill was Bush or any of his people responsible for? Dems keep saying that it is such but then they don't want to admit that it was written before he went out of office and held back because the Congressional leadership (all Democrats) knew he would veto it and that they couldn't get enough votes to over ride. They held it back until they knew they had a signer in the White House. Don't you go calling Pelosi and Reid fools, just because they are working the President like they are. It appears to me that they a proving that it is him that is the fool where they are concerned.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
YOU haven't proven that Obama said he would eliminate earmarks and NO ONE ELSE has either....so YOU are blowing smoke...as with another poster....LIES mean the rest of the post is unbelievable.
I believe that it may well take me about 5 minutes to bring back those words by The Man. If you insist I will do so. Now you have to promise (there that word is again) that you will believe what he says, OK? He didn't seem to have meant it but maybe your word is better than those of Saint Barack of Hopenchange.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:09 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Is this thread serious?

The omnibus bill has been all over the news. The fact that it was signed into law is no secret, yet we're supposed to react to where the bill was signed? Are you kidding? Does it really matter if the bill was signed on national TV, in a football stadium, over lunch, or in a closet? Please, tell me. What difference does it make where the bill was signed?

Old 03-12-2009, 02:13 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Well he could have passed the bill and use his veto pen on the earmarks.

They all say it is "chump change" but I wonder just how many foreclosed homes could have been saved with that "chump change". Instead we will find out why pigs smell and why cat fish like to swim,etc.

Bush wouldn't sign this one, that is why it was left for Obama. They were licking their gums at this pork package.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies