Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:59 AM

707 posts, read 1,022,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Tax cuts would have been a little faster. The path they picked plays out slower. The $13 or so that they were talking about is almost instant. It's all those "shovel ready" programs that are going to take time.

so bigjon are you saying the extra $13 in everyone's check would have stop all of the homes from going into foreclosure in Feb. I'm sorry i just don't see how anything including the housing package that was just signed could have stopped those homes from going into foreclosure.

It take at least 2-3 months for a home to go into foreclosure. No matter what your gripe is with the President and his policies, short of handing every american a blank check or wiping away their debt and financial obligations, the clean up is not going to come quick. I'm actually loosing steam with all of this, its really sad the state that we're in. Can we just acknowledge the state of the country and stop name calling, bickering and pointing fingers? Thats what we have those useless people in washington for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 11:04 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Sad enough we have a president who thought $ 16.- for a couple would help the economy and turns around and starts to raise taxes on the people who provide the jobs...You don't have to have a College degree to understand that he is full of b.s.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:08 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Sad enough we have a president who thought $ 16.- for a couple would help the economy and turns around and starts to raise taxes on the people who provide the jobs...You don't have to have a College degree to understand that he is full of b.s.
I have a college degree, and can tell YOU are full of BS. No one said, and no one with half a brain would have expected a turn around this quickly. The fact that you post stuff like this makes you sound really ignorant.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:

but wait i'm not understanding. Everyone including the republicans have been shouting lowering taxes. Isn't that was the extra money in the checks are a result of? Its like a catch 22. Again short of eliminating taxes and giving everyone a blank check we're still going to be in this mess TOGETHER!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:11 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
but wait i'm not understanding. Everyone including the republicans have been shouting lowering taxes. Isn't that was the extra money in the checks are a result of? Its like a catch 22. Again short of eliminating taxes and giving everyone a blank check we're still going to be in this mess TOGETHER!
I'm not in it together with you, as I planned ahead for catastrophe.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I'm not in it together with you, as I planned ahead for catastrophe.
Hey everyone View is not feeling this impact with us, he's prepared!!!!!!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Old 03-12-2009, 11:19 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Hey everyone View is not feeling this impact with us, he's prepared!!!!!!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Darn tootin'

The more accurate saying would be that I won't be in it nearly as much as the other unprepared people.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:22 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I have a college degree, and can tell YOU are full of BS. No one said, and no one with half a brain would have expected a turn around this quickly. The fact that you post stuff like this makes you sound really ignorant.
No one with a brain expected it become so bad after Obama was becoming the president...we never thought he would mess up so badly and break so many promisses!
The turn you speak about is happening right now but in a different direction as should have been, even if it was less than 1%, but now it is not going up but sliding down faster than you could have dreamed of.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 AM

18,131 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
February saw an unexpected jump in foreclosure filings as the weak economy puts more pressure on borrowers.

New foreclosure jump reported in February - Mar. 12, 2009
Doesn't work because ALL the republicans were against it
and forced the president to change to make republicans happy.

Thank the republican party

Old 03-12-2009, 11:27 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You would be shocked because repubs never see any farther than tomorrow.

Tomorrow? They still can not see past NOVEMBER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies