Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:58 AM

194 posts, read 325,773 times

Advertisements

It makes absolutely no sense for Pro LIfe and S.m.i.l.e for Down's Syndrome to use Sarah Palin as a spokeswoman.
According to Sarah Palin's own words, she flew while in labor knowing she was having a special needs baby. Most pro-choice mom's would not consider such irresponsible behavior. HOw many mom's do you know who knowingly flew during labor? * Let alone with their 5th child knowing it was a special needs baby.

That is not showing high regard for the unborn full term baby's life. Perhaps she wouldn't have taken such a risk if she didn't already know it was a special needs baby. After all, she hadn't even discussed that with her own children. Was she hoping God would spare her from such a 'burden"?

Sarah has shown that she is unethical and unapologetic for any of her actions. She accepts on accountability and is quick to place blame on others- that's a dangerous combination.

Pro Life- when Sarah Palin gets to your meeting- ask every mom there to stand if they would knowingly fly during labor with with their 5th child knowing it was a special needs baby- Those who stand support Palin's actions- those who don't only support her words.

S.M.I.L.E. on Down Syndrome- Would Sarah have risked flying like that during labor if she hadn't already known it was a special needs baby? Why did she keep that fact about Trig from her own family? There are plenty of mom's of special little ones that are worthy of a spotlight for being outstanding moms- Palin isn't one of them. Perhaps you can cancel and get someone worthy of speaking for the special little ones.

There are plenty of intelligent, pro-life, ethical, mom's of special needs kids out there- just pick one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 09:23 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
I know you have a "thing" about hating on Palin, certainly your right to do so.

Palin had a child with Down Syndrome, and whatever national or local organization wishes to have her assist with their public education or fund raising efforts is fine with me. If you want to have parents with significantly handicapped kids get up in arms against Palin, you are just going to be really disappointed.

Hate Palin to your heart's content, but using her handicapped child as as wedge issue simply won't work.

But knock yourself out, it isn't Palin who ends up looking bad here...

Last edited by NewToCA; 03-13-2009 at 10:26 PM..

Old 03-12-2009, 09:25 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Palin lost, get over it.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:27 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
I think even trying to use her handicapped child as a wedge issue is despicable. What is wrong with some of you people?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:14 AM

194 posts, read 325,773 times
I happen to think that she's a terrible example for ethics, motherhood and accountability.
Do you not believe that we have strong, attractive, intelligent, worthy women out there?
If Palin was my mom, sister, neighbor or best friend- it would still be clear, regardless of any political views- she's just the wrong woman.

I am certainly not saying their message is wrong- just the messenger!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:29 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
I think she's just trying to say that Sarah Palin is a poor role model, which she is.

As long as SP keeps trying to get her mug in the limelight, people are going to talk about her.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:34 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakening Escapade View Post
It makes absolutely no sense for Pro LIfe and S.m.i.l.e for Down's Syndrome to use Sarah Palin as a spokeswoman.
According to Sarah Palin's own words, she flew while in labor knowing she was having a special needs baby. Most pro-choice mom's would not consider such irresponsible behavior. HOw many mom's do you know who knowingly flew during labor? * Let alone with their 5th child knowing it was a special needs baby.

That is not showing high regard for the unborn full term baby's life. Perhaps she wouldn't have taken such a risk if she didn't already know it was a special needs baby. After all, she hadn't even discussed that with her own children. Was she hoping God would spare her from such a 'burden"?

Sarah has shown that she is unethical and unapologetic for any of her actions. She accepts on accountability and is quick to place blame on others- that's a dangerous combination.

Pro Life- when Sarah Palin gets to your meeting- ask every mom there to stand if they would knowingly fly during labor with with their 5th child knowing it was a special needs baby- Those who stand support Palin's actions- those who don't only support her words.

S.M.I.L.E. on Down Syndrome- Would Sarah have risked flying like that during labor if she hadn't already known it was a special needs baby? Why did she keep that fact about Trig from her own family? There are plenty of mom's of special little ones that are worthy of a spotlight for being outstanding moms- Palin isn't one of them. Perhaps you can cancel and get someone worthy of speaking for the special little ones.

There are plenty of intelligent, pro-life, ethical, mom's of special needs kids out there- just pick one of them.
I was appalled at the thought of Sarah Palin as VPOTUS - she simply was not qualified.

However, I have no problem with her being the spokesperson for a Down's Syndrome organization. She's a big draw for a lot of people and will be able to generate some much needed cash for a very worthy cause.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:44 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakening Escapade View Post
I happen to think that she's a terrible example for ethics, motherhood and accountability.
Do you not believe that we have strong, attractive, intelligent, worthy women out there?
If Palin was my mom, sister, neighbor or best friend- it would still be clear, regardless of any political views- she's just the wrong woman.

I am certainly not saying their message is wrong- just the messenger!!!
I think Palin's support of Down Syndrome and the associated issues is fine.

Have you seen anything significant from Michelle Obama highlighting the problems of the severely handicapped?

Last edited by NewToCA; 03-13-2009 at 10:27 PM..

Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I think even trying to use her handicapped child as a wedge issue is despicable. What is wrong with some of you people?
They are not using her handicapped child as a wedge issue, they are using Palin's blatant disregard for her children as the issue. If Palin was anything but a horrific mother, would her eldest son have been sent away to the military to keep him from getting into more trouble? Would her daughter be a single mother without a HS diploma? Would she have flown during her third trimester? There's nothing you can say that will change the fact that she's an awful mother...NO GOOD MOTHER WILL HAVE A 17 YEAR OLD WITH A CHILD AND NO HS DIPLOMA.

Say what you will, but as long as she's still in the eyes of the GOP as a possible 2012 candidate, it's perfectly okay for people to question her and her ability to lead, even if it's about leading her own family.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:52 AM

26 posts, read 72,270 times
Default What makes you the judge of Sarah Palin??

I frankly think you are way too interested in Sarah Palin's life and you need to get a life. We as a country need to stop worrying about everyone's business and concentrate on our own. We are too preoccupied with what everyone else is doing and we can't for the most part control our own lives. We are not to judge other people and believe everything we see on entertainment tonight or what Charlie Gibson says. Think about what you are doing?? Should you be worried about her or criticizing her when you don't even know her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies