Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:47 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Senators slam plan for wounded vets to use private insurance - CNN.com

Could there be anything more politically insensitive and tone-deaf from this incompetent administration?

I mean, we all know how much the left despises the military, but this is beyond the pale.

If he does that this country will be in another war.....This is an OUTRAGE...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Give free medical to illigals and take it away from our Veterans. It will be the end of DC...

Carrie

Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
They also know what the pay scale is before they sign their enlistment contract.
Careful, you're starting to sound like a right winger.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
sounds very vague and unofficial so far.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:06 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Agree w/ rkb, seems like there is no solid evidence of this. If this was proposed, I would be 100% against it.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:11 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
True, it does only say that it's been considered. We don't know for how long or how seriously.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:13 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
Actually, veterans do now have the option to pay for healthcare - TriCare. If a veteran opts out of the plan, he/she may use the VA for everything; however, the time waiting at the VA can be atrocious. I opted for TriCare, even after attempting the VA on several occasions. TYVM

Old 03-12-2009, 12:15 PM

479 posts, read 660,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
I am starting to become embarrassed by the fact that I voted for him.
And so it begins! ROFL!!!!

You certainly won't be the last to feel that way. Glad to see you pulled off your rose colored glasses.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:18 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
I am starting to become embarrassed by the fact that I voted for him.
You're a liar (and a racist). There is a thing called the search function that easily proves that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle on 1-19 View Post
Obama will be a bitter dissapointment, and once blacks realize their lack of work ethic and indiscriminate breeding will keep them at the bottom of the totem pole, there will be bitter, angry riots
Quote:
I have a feeling the Magic Negro will suffer a stunning defeat, and there will be bloody riots, many whites and blacks will die.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:18 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Tricare is private insurance. It is the military insurance.
TRICARE - Military Health Care - Military Benefits - Military.com

They get free housing, utilities, BAH, allowances for food, etc. that are not included in their salary figures. They also know what the pay scale is before they sign their enlistment contract. There is some free daycare, that which is not free is reduced in cost from the civilian side; they have free memberships at physical fitness centers, free legal service, free tax prep, free dental, reduced or tuition reimbursed education; if overseas they get reduced petrol prices.
Thanks for posting some actual facts. The reality is that like the rest of us with an HMO or PPO, our service members already pay for some aspects of their medical care.
In addition to the benefits already listed, they also get combat pay on top of their 'regular' pay, (re)enlistment bonuses and excellent terms for mortgages.
And, something that cannot be said for most of us - almost absolute job security.

Easy to get outraged over something that is a 'talking point' - where is the outrage over the fact that there are still countless veterans who cannot get ANY care paid or no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies