Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:57 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,699,652 times

Advertisements

I would expect that reponse from someone from the state of Ill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 07:00 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorawatcher View Post
I would expect that reponse from someone from the state of Ill.
Couldn't cut it here could you??...that's ok,not everybody can.We just don't like crybabies,maybe you'll toughen up one day and we'll let you back in.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:06 PM

Not your state. Be the last place on earth I'd live. But to get back to the OP those stickers have been around since 9/11 happened. And I wonder if she would think of all the others that have them on things are low class.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:49 PM

194 posts, read 325,641 times
And I wonder if she would think of all the others that have them on things are low class.

Answer- Yes, totally inappropriate
9/11 is nothing to joke about
IMO< It's just not funny in any way
Now if you want to tell me Obama has them too- my answer wouldn't change

Old 03-12-2009, 08:01 PM

Well they aren't mocking 9/11. They were made to show the spirit that Americans have towards their country. Guess you think the Military is low class also.

No one ever said 9/11 was funny. All that article was is another slam on the Palins. But I have 2 of those stickers on my vehicles and friends who are in the service have them on theirs. Including friends who are New York City firefighters.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:17 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,589,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakening Escapade View Post
Sorry but this is low class-
According to Sports Illustrated- Palin has a bumper sticker reading

ALASKA TERRORIST HUNTING PERMIT, good through 2050, with the license number 9-11-01.

I personally think that is low class and that 9-11 is nothing to joke about.
It's just a sticker. And it has already been stated that the article does not state that the stickers were on his vehicles. In fact, there were three snowmobiles with stickers mentioned in that paragraph, and Todd Palin only had one snowmobile, which hadn't been mentioned since earlier in the article. The article doesn't mention whether Palin's snowmobile had any such sticker. Even if it did, who cares? At least the stickers show some theme of patriotism.

I am more offended by the stickers slapped all over older Volvos and Subarus that have messages telling me what to do, such as "Free Tibet" or "Keep Tahoe Blue." There are usually several other messages attached to those same vehicles, too, often contrary to my values and beliefs. I have a higher authority that I answer to, and the folks in these vehicles aren't that authority. I believe in doing my part (e.g. voting) to ensure the freedom we enjoy in this country, and doing my part to protect the environment. I don't need someone else telling me what to do, especially when it pertains to other nations.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:34 AM

194 posts, read 325,641 times
Jdavid- U wrote ---It's just a sticker. And it has already been stated that the article does not state that the stickers were on his vehicles.

I admit it doesn't actually 100 percent say it's his. However, look at the article- it's about Todd Palin and his Iron Dog race. Todd also does have more than 1 snow machine. So naturally, since it's all about Todd and his snow machining- one would expect that the facts in the story go together. It was obviously a pro Todd article- so those who want to say it's just Palin bashing are wrong. However, I'll admit there is a slight chance for some reason they weren't referring to his. If so- my mistake.

Last edited by Awakening Escapade; 03-13-2009 at 08:18 AM..

Old 03-13-2009, 07:40 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I do find it rather telling that the only people who are complaining about this silly bumpersticker are the terrorist-sympathizing pieces of garbage who celebrate the deaths of innocent people.

I have another bumpersticker for them:
Yeah? I was THERE on 9/11. FIVE FUNERALS. FIVE FRIENDS. They didn't even ever find remains for four of them. So don't go and tell me that I'm a "terrorist sympathizing piece of garbage".

Where were you? Were you there? Do you live in NY? Did you run for your life? Volunteer in the weeks after inhaling that smell?

How many people did YOU lose? Or do you just slap a tacky new bumper sticker on your car, or tie some kind of ribbon to your antenna and scream at people to NEVER FORGET? Maybe hope they show some footage of people dying again on TV (or at the RNC). Guess what - some people will never, ever, be able to forget, no matter how hard they try.

You answer me THAT - and then tell me I'm "celebrating" the deaths of my FRIENDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I have another bumpersticker for them:

Quote:
It is God's job to judge terrorists, and it is our job to arrange the meeting - USMC!
Yeah, well why did "God" send terrorists to attack us in the first place? Some God you've got there.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:45 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,793 times
There's nothing wrong with it- I'd just feel so tacky with something like that on any vehicle of mine...

Old 03-13-2009, 08:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Yeah? I was THERE on 9/11. FIVE FUNERALS. FIVE FRIENDS. They didn't even ever find remains for four of them. So don't go and tell me that I'm a "terrorist sympathizing piece of garbage".

Where were you? Were you there? Do you live in NY? Did you run for your life? Volunteer in the weeks after inhaling that smell?

How many people did YOU lose? Or do you just slap a tacky new bumper sticker on your car, or tie some kind of ribbon to your antenna and scream at people to NEVER FORGET? Maybe hope they show some footage of people dying again on TV (or at the RNC). Guess what - some people will never, ever, be able to forget, no matter how hard they try.

You answer me THAT - and then tell me I'm "celebrating" the deaths of my FRIENDS.

Yeah, well why did "God" send terrorists to attack us in the first place? Some God you've got there.

While I sympathize with anyone who lost friends and family in the cowardly attacks of 9/11 I have to say just because you had a loss does not make this tragedy yours alone to dictate how others should act.
This tragedy affected the whole nation as did the bombing of the Murtha building as evidenced by the many volunteers sent from every state in the nation. We were all impacted and to this day are still impacted in many ways but the sad fact is many ARE forgetting what happened and HOW it happened.
Oh they know the buildings were hit but forget the horror and total chaos that was the aftermath and I think should be reminded what we lost on that day and since.
What would and does make me mad are those that make excuses for the cowards that committed these acts or that say we as a nation deserved it or asked for it.
As for the stickers, no where does it say they were on HIS sled, that's an inference drawn by people looking for any reason to bash the Palins and I'm guessing the reason the article was written that way, usually the same people who cry foul like babies when any negative comments are posted about Obama or the left true or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies