Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:16 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,822 times

Advertisements

"Gimme a f*&$#ing break"!

Vice President Joe Biden should be ashamed of himself cursing like this. I realize he probably did not know his microphone was open, but geez - he didn't use that language because he was fired-up and mad at someone. I can only assume that he must use that kind of language all the time. That's pathetic! The man is the Vice President of the United States of America for heaven sakes. He should have far better scruples than that!!!

I certainly would not want my VP using that kind of language in public...and he shouldn't use it privately either. It's just not up to the standards of the office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 09:20 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Its ok. He can swear.

I mean look at that you say about them.

PS-keep in mind that he has a much tougher job than you can even imagine.

And he should not use it privately either? As Republicans like to scream "OMG MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH! OMG ! OMG!!! LIBERALS WANT TO TAKE AWAY FREEDOM OF SPEECH!"

*Rolls eyes*

Get over it.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:22 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,201,780 times
Bush Caught Cursing On Tape - CBS News Video

Seems like a common enough problem.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:26 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Not a shocker. There's not a lot about him that impresses me. He was picked because he's not going to overshadow the boy wonder. Say what you want about Cheney....but at least Bush went out and got someone with experience to help where he didn't have experience.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Bush Caught Cursing On Tape - CBS News Video

Seems like a common enough problem.
What curse word did Bush use?

Old 03-14-2009, 09:32 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Cheney dropped the F-bomb on tape. Bush, I believe, said "sh.."

Kootr. These are grown adults. Grown adults sometimes swear. Join them in adulthood and do something with your days besides harping on their every little move so you can "prove" they're not worthy.

If you want something more aligned with your ideology, then propose solutions. Find leaders who aren't international punchlines. Come on. Enough of this.

kdbrich - Biden is far from what you describe. He was chosen precisely to fill in the "sage elder" role for his international experience and overall knowledge from decades in senate. He might not be the most verbally agile, but the man is a wealth of knowledge on international relations. I guess we could have gone with Palin instead, though... She seemed to memorize names of countries and leaders pretty well to get through the debate.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Cheney dropped the F-bomb on tape. Bush, I believe, said "sh.."

Kootr. These are grown adults. Grown adults sometimes swear. Join them in adulthood and do something with your days besides harping on their every little move so you can "prove" they're not worthy.

kdbrich - Biden is far from what you describe. He was chosen precisely to fill in the role of international experience. He might not be the most verbally agile, but the man is a wealth of knowledge on international relations. I guess we could have gone with Palin instead, though...
I'm a grown adult too, but I don't use that kind of language in common conversation. The difference between Cheney's use of the F word and Biden's use of it are starkly different. Cheney was mad when he used it, but Biden used it in a casual comment. Big difference!

Old 03-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Bub

235 posts, read 380,557 times
Bluefly,
Although they are adults, Politicians should be held to a higher standard.

I hope someday they are held to the same standards that Teachers, Police, and Military have in place now.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:41 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Not a shocker. There's not a lot about him that impresses me. He was picked because he's not going to overshadow the boy wonder. Say what you want about Cheney....but at least Bush went out and got someone with experience to help where he didn't have experience.
What on earth are you babbling about? Biden has plenty of experience, Dick Cheney has experience in enriching the defense industry and lying to America.

And his "boss" was a complete moron who did whatever his handlers told him to, namely Dick Cheney, the same one responsible for the long list of war crimes committed by the U.S government during his disastrous reign

Old 03-14-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What on earth are you babbling about? Biden has plenty of experience, Dick Cheney has experience in enriching the defense industry and lying to America.

And his "boss" was a complete moron who did whatever his handlers told him to, namely Dick Cheney, the same one responsible for the long list of war crimes committed by the U.S government during his disastrous reign
Obama's boss Nancy Pelosi is telling scumbag fraud fool Nobama what to do! How stupid is that!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies