Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:47 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times

Advertisements

There are others out there. What about Gitmo. It was to be closed, now it isn't. So what makes anyone think that torture is stopped? We were not going to allow AIG to give bonses, but wait, no one will stop them, and you know what? In the near future we will hand out more bailouts. The banking system has us over a barrel. I don't think Obama can do anything other than what he is told to do.

Why is Bush not being prosecuted? Is it because what he did was all part of a plan anyway? Why are the CEO not being tried? Why not fired? Why do we still have the Patriot Act?

These CEO treaten us with a Depression, while they take the money and buy up more banks and businesses with it. And of course if we don't give them the money we will be in a Depression, but then it could happen anyway, but what do they care?

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 03-18-2009 at 08:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 08:03 AM

137 posts, read 316,229 times
At least there is a few people in this forum who are not narrow minded. Thank you to all of you who have watched the video with an open mind.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:39 AM

If none of this is true, then it would be nice if some people here would prove it is all a lie instead of just bashing the messenger. I am sure that he and others would really like it to be all lies.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:58 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,107 times
Wow, just watched the film. It is certainly thought provoking.

I don't know what to think about it. My instinct is to say it's ridiculous... but it sure is jarring. All I can say for sure is that they certainly make an interesting arguement by connecting the dots of US history and events.

I just hope the film is NOT true because the theories proposed are disturbing and frightening.

Even if one does not "buy" the entire thing, I think just about everyone would learn some new piece of info they did not know before.

I did not realize the Federal Reserve Banks were privately owned.

Quote:
The Federal Reserve System ... is the central banking system of the United States. Created in 1913 .... it is a quasi-public (government entity with private components) banking system[1] that comprises (1) the presidentially appointed Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in Washington, D.C.; (2) the Federal Open Market Committee; (3) twelve regional privately-owned Federal Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the nation acting as fiscal agents for the U.S. Treasury, each with its own nine-member board of directors; (4) numerous other private U.S. member banks, which subscribe to required amounts of non-transferable stock in their regional Federal Reserve Banks; and (5) various advisory councils.
Federal Reserve System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-18-2009, 11:12 AM

114 posts, read 180,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Wow, just watched the film. It is certainly thought provoking.

I don't know what to think about it. My instinct is to say it's ridiculous... but it sure is jarring. All I can say for sure is that they certainly make an interesting arguement by connecting the dots of US history and events.

I just hope the film is NOT true because the theories proposed are disturbing and frightening.

Even if one does not "buy" the entire thing, I think just about everyone would learn some new piece of info they did not know before.

I did not realize the Federal Reserve Banks were privately owned.
You can always find and write down a claim in the film and google it to see what comes up. If I find a claim to be outrageous, then I jot it down, and do my online research about it....plenty of stuff out there. Worst thing you can do is sit back there and hope that things are not true.

Last edited by triton74; 03-18-2009 at 11:39 AM..

Old 03-18-2009, 11:16 AM

not sure how you write down a claim. Can you explain? The video is disturbing. There is even a book written about Bilderberg and a long write up about them.

Amazon.com: The True Story of the Bilderberg Group: Daniel Estulin: Books

Old 03-18-2009, 11:20 AM

Okay here is Alex Jones exposed. Lets see what this brings for those of us that are now scared.

Alex Jones Exposed! Infowars & Prison Planet as Disinformation

But then listen to this interview between Ron Paul and Alex Jones.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2009-03-11/ro...ex-jones-show/

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 03-18-2009 at 11:39 AM..

Old 03-18-2009, 03:11 PM

This topic really has me going. Read this: Daniel Estulin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia He wrote a book on it.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:15 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Do you believe in a vast Government conspiracy behind 9/11?

Alex Jones does.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
The Fannie Mae debacle was brought to you by the vast bipartisan conspiracy. - By Jack Shafer - Slate Magazine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies