Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:23 AM

358 posts, read 472,320 times

Advertisements

Leftys, Progressives and Liberals beware, it appears to me that this board is in danger of going the way of the Govenour Times by being dominated by right wingnuts. I watched as they became so dominate over there that we progressives dropped out one by one until now they are either yelling at one another in an echo chamber or fighting amonst themselves for the title "Wing Nut of the Month"

I have not done a line by line thread count or a post by post count here for a specific period of time, it is just an overall impression. It seems all of the empty, failed Republican talking points gets lots and lots of play here. No matter how many times disproven, no matter how many times proven as spin, distortions and out and out lies they get played again and again. Let's not let this board go the way of govenour Times, let's not let it happen here. OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 11:25 AM

182 posts, read 103,381 times
I agree, the right wing deep down knows they are scum and failures and they want to bring the rest of us down with them, it is a shame these people have infected this country and have brought us down with them, I could say something but I will probably get in trouble

Old 03-15-2009, 11:30 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Thread title changed, lets not start threads encouraging flame wars shall we.

11,839 posts, read 28,954,115 times
But aren't right & left wingnuts essentially the same?

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionwhy View Post
I agree, the right wing deep down knows they are scum and failures and they want to bring the rest of us down with them, it is a shame these people have infected this country and have brought us down with them, I could say something but I will probably get in trouble
Your hatred for those who you do not agree with is duly noted.

Its funny though that the "right wing" (whatever and whoever that is) don't refer to you or those like you as "scum". They tend not to resort to the name calling that you and yours do.

Why do you think that is?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:33 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

Its funny though that the "right wing" (whatever and whoever that is) don't refer to you or those like you as "scum". They tend not to resort to the name calling that you and yours do.

Great day... PULEASE This is why so little actual dialog takes place. Do you honestly believe that each side doesn't have its wingnuts, freepers, and water carriers?

Again with this absolutist mindset, "we good, they bad" doesn't matter, pick a side, lean on the wall of partisanship, learn a few talking points and most importantly, point and blame.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Great day... PULEASE This is why so little actual dialog takes place. Do you honestly believe that each side doesn't have its wingnuts, freepers, and water carriers?

Again with this absolutist mindset, "we good, they bad" doesn't matter, pick a side, lean on the wall of partisanship, learn a few talking points and most importantly, point and blame.
Sorry but - I, for one, try not to resort to calling others "names". I have made that mistake before (calling one a moron) - but, I see no useful purpose in such name calling

Old 03-15-2009, 11:37 AM

358 posts, read 472,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Thread title changed, lets not start threads encouraging flame wars shall we.
There are nuts on either side, some nuts are left wing others are right wing, I meant no harm. Both are "wingnuts". That being said this post is about the contiued health of the board, the exchange of ideas from both sides and the dominance of neither. This post will, hopefully, be about the extreme of either being exposed for the extremist they are.

OK?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:40 AM

182 posts, read 103,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

it isnt a matter of not agreeing, it is people who I believe are evil and selfish and people who make this world a worse place to live in

and they dont refer to the left wing as scum, because the left wing generally arent scum

Old 03-15-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionwhy View Post
it isnt a matter of not agreeing, it is people who I believe are evil and selfish and people who make this world a worse place to live in

and they dont refer to the left wing as scum, because the left wing generally arent scum
Why do you though resort to calling those you disagree with names? Why do you find it necessary?

And why do you always call for the death, the killing, of those you disagree with? You know, that is not ..."normal" and may indicate that you have ... "other" problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies