Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 09:38 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
garbage. It's completely a Republican thing that has been in the planning stages since the day Obama took office.
Typical...do you have any knowledge you could impart to all us mere mortals showing this to be true?

I can see where the principles below are foreign to some...

1. America Is Good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
Honesty “I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider to be the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.” George Washington

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
Marriage/Family “It is in the love of one’s family only that heartfelt happiness is know. By a law of our nature, we cannot be happy without the endearing connections of a family.” Thomas Jefferson

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
Justice “I deem one of the essential principles of our government… equal and exact justice to all men of whatever state or persuasion, religious or political.” Thomas Jefferson

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
Life, Liberty, & The Pursuit of Happiness “Everyone has a natural right to choose that vocation in life which he thinks most likely to give him comfortable subsistence.” Thomas Jefferson

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
Charity “It is not everyone who asketh that deserveth charity; all however, are worth of the inquiry or the deserving may suffer.” George Washington

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
On your right to disagree “In a free and republican government, you cannot restrain the voice of the multitude; every man will speak as he thinks, or more properly without thinking.” George Washington

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
Who works for whom? “I consider the people who constitute a society or a nation as the source of all authority in that nation.” Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 09:45 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Typical...do you have any knowledge you could impart to all us mere mortals showing this to be true?

I can see where the principles below are foreign to some...

1. America Is Good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
Honesty “I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider to be the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.” George Washington

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
Marriage/Family “It is in the love of one’s family only that heartfelt happiness is know. By a law of our nature, we cannot be happy without the endearing connections of a family.” Thomas Jefferson

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
Justice “I deem one of the essential principles of our government… equal and exact justice to all men of whatever state or persuasion, religious or political.” Thomas Jefferson

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
Life, Liberty, & The Pursuit of Happiness “Everyone has a natural right to choose that vocation in life which he thinks most likely to give him comfortable subsistence.” Thomas Jefferson

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
Charity “It is not everyone who asketh that deserveth charity; all however, are worth of the inquiry or the deserving may suffer.” George Washington

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
On your right to disagree “In a free and republican government, you cannot restrain the voice of the multitude; every man will speak as he thinks, or more properly without thinking.” George Washington

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
Who works for whom? “I consider the people who constitute a society or a nation as the source of all authority in that nation.” Thomas Jefferson
I can't imagine how you could hold all of these tenents to be true and yet you refrained from protesting during Bush's presidency. It must have been exceedingly difficult.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:51 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
I can't imagine how you could hold all of these tenents to be true and yet you refrained from protesting during Bush's presidency. It must have been exceedingly difficult.
That is where you and other leftists are wrong...

Beck is not a Republican.
I am not either....I did not vote for McCain.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:26 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,953 times
Quote:
That is where you and other leftists are wrong...

Beck is not a Republican.
I am not either....I did not vote for McCain.
Beck? Really? I don't think he is meant to be taken seriously, is he? He is just another wildly-gesturing, uber-conservative shock jock that is on for entertainment not enlightenment. I thought that was universally understood.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
LOL.....and when leftists call Palin a 'C...' what is that???

Typical (selective) outrage.
How do you know I'm being "selective"? Guess what? I didn't approve of all the crap being said about Palin (though I didn't like her), and you can search my posts if you want to see that! This thread is not about Sarah Palin.

It really irritates me that a person's post can't be evaluated on the basis of what they have said; someone has to say, oh but I bet you thought it was OK to say something equally bad about someone from the other party.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:27 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Somebody stages a TV event and the world is supposed to take it serious? The Republicans are a bad joke.
Czech and Slovakia broke up only over TV?

Old 03-17-2009, 07:42 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Czech and Slovakia broke up only over TV?
Care to elaborate on that statement? And the thread is about these "tea parties", not Czech and Slovakia.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:49 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
I thought

That's where you went wrong.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:53 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times
Quote:
You mustn't know much of modern world history...
Probably more than you. Anybody who proposes that any state is going to attempt to secede is seriously deranged and in need of psychiatric help.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:55 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Ah, but do you laugh at the libs on parade? I doubt it. The right to protest is fundamental -- it's very telling that you mock it when you simply don't agree. REALLY mature attitude, that.
The right to protest is protected. The right to protest and not have the rest of the country laugh at you for being a fool is not protected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies