Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 03:00 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times

Advertisements

I would be so impressed if there is just one conservative on this board who can display the integrity to admit that FOX news did a bad thing here. I can admit that there are Liberal journalists who have slandered their opposition. Unlike many people I don't consider that admission to be some personal attack on my own character. Now is there not anyone else who can do the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 03:02 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,606,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I'd be ROFL if it weren't so sad. How can you say that in a thread that clearly shows FOX LYING! Not being biased, not exaggerating, LYING!
I was told by a preacher once that if I wasn't being 100% right, then I was being 100% wrong. There is no middle ground on integrity.

A lie is a lie and a deception is a lie. A bias is a deception toward a desired goal, so it is an intentional lie. Spinning the facts to a "better" perception is a lie.

So Fox lies, MSNBC lies, CNN lies, ABC lies, CBS and NBC lies. Every news program lies constantly to get you to watch their show.

I have been the subject of and included in a couple other news reports over the last 40 years and each and every presentation has been twisted to become the most interesting and exploitative presentation of supposed facts to the point it no longer resembled facts. I was once put on air in a story context that I was deeply interested and concerned over a large pit in my neighborhood. I was shown repeatedly gesturing toward the pit and in deep conversation with others at the edge of the pit. The reality was that I was 8 years old and asking a neighborhood friend what a box at the edge of the pit was for. I was only at the scene because I was curious at what a news crew could be doing filming a telephone cable repair scene out in the middle of nowhere 100 feet from any road or driveway. It seems the old man next door got tired of having to manuever his lawnmower around the pile of dirt at the edge of his property and call the news to complain.

I was the subject of a new storm when I did a contract job for a temporary agency and my wife placed a bid on a sale property being managed by a client of the temporary agency and suddenly the client was accused of buying it's own property rather than to the public simply because I was associated with them through my work with the temporary agency. The fact that I worked on things completely unrelated to what the client was selling was never mentioned in the news articles. Big surprise! Can you image the headline? Govt agency sells property to woman married to man working for company doing business with another Govt agency managed by another Govt agency that has the same director as the parent agency of the selling agency! Scandalous!!!

It is not right for Fox to lie and it is not right for any other news agency to lie. No brainer there.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
I would be so impressed if there is just one conservative on this board who can display the integrity to admit that FOX news did a bad thing here. I can admit that there are Liberal journalists who have slandered their opposition. Unlike many people I don't consider that admission to be some personal attack on my own character. Now is there not anyone else who can do the same?
You should already be impressed as there have been several already in this thread that have stated that very thing. They are just indignant that the liberal minded folk have been so adamant that their lying is more dignified and justifiable than the conservative minded media's.

Your question was answered by several people in this thread before you even asked it.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:04 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Maybe our fellow posters can't but...FOX did!

Think Progress » Fox News apologizes for dishonest splicing of Biden clip.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Of course, you got that from fox I'm sure.

"Obama's job approval rating stands at 64 percent in a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Monday. That rating is down 3 percentage points from mid-February.

When asked about the economy, 59 percent of respondents approve of how Obama's performing, with 40 percent disapproving.

"Most of the Americans who disapprove of Obama are Republicans," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director. "His approval rating is 59 percent among independents and over 90 percent among Democrats, but two-thirds of Republicans have a negative view of his actions in office so far."

Obama rating high, but poll finds worries on economy - CNN.com
Ahhh, I understand now. The overall populace opinion is insignificant. Only the decractic responses have value.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:08 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
You should already be impressed as there have been several already in this thread that have stated that very thing. They are just indignant that the liberal minded folk have been so adamant that their lying is more dignified and justifiable than the conservative minded media's.

Your question was answered by several people in this thread before you even asked it.
Okay, my initial statement was overly broad. Another thing I have the integrity to admit. But the fact of the matter is that there are people still trying to find some logical loophole to get out of admitting this. And those people are who my comment was directed at. I could care less about the Liberal Media and the Conservative Media or whatever stupid catchphrases are floating around. I'm talking about this incident specifically.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well IF FOX did this they did a horrible job---you said so yourself. I think FOX would do a better job if they were really lying. I think the story about the editing is lying.
Did you even bother to watch the two videos as linked above?
Might want to do so before you make comments that can't be backed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies