Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 12:54 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Hey where's my check?

The liberals think it's great to create a class of lazy irresponsible people that collect checks and bailouts and free everything. Since that's the case why should I continue to bust my butt? I just mailed in another tax check to the feds. Why?

I think i'll get a house I can't afford, miss payments, get a bailout, stop working get some welfare and unemployment checks, get some free food, free health care. Heck my county even has a free taxi service for welfare people. I can sell my car and get free rides too.

Why work and pay taxes when I can have it all. Thanks Obama!
You think people who have lost their jobs "have it all?" Wow! That's crazy.

You go ahead and sell your car. I'll keep mine. I'll keep my truck and Harley, too. I hate cabs. Free or not.

I'm not aware of an entire class of lazy, irresponsible people (well, except for trust fund babies, I guess, but they hardly make an entire class). Heck, I don't know anyone who is lazy and irresponsible (well, except for you, I guess. Maybe you can be the first in this new class of people?) Good luck. Have fun. See ya on the freeway ramp, but don't ask me for money. Get a job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 02:01 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
This reminds me of the time when Billy struck out in the middle of a ball game. He's ticked so what does he do? He packs up the bat and the gloves we were playing with saying they were his and heads home in huff. The rest of us sat around a bit figuring out what to do when we decided to go the nearest Sports Chalet and bought our own bat and gloves. We didn't need Billy after that. See ya, Billy, ya big baby . You're not the only one who knows how to play this game...

Old 03-24-2009, 07:06 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Hey where's my check?

The liberals think it's great to create a class of lazy irresponsible people that collect checks and bailouts and free everything. Since that's the case why should I continue to bust my butt? I just mailed in another tax check to the feds. Why?

I think i'll get a house I can't afford, miss payments, get a bailout, stop working get some welfare and unemployment checks, get some free food, free health care. Heck my county even has a free taxi service for welfare people. I can sell my car and get free rides too.

Why work and pay taxes when I can have it all. Thanks Obama!
Yes, by all means - you do that.

Somehow I doubt you have either the courage or integrity to back up your words.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Can the admin track this frauds IP and send his info to the Feds.
Must be something in the CA air....

Old 03-24-2009, 08:28 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,611,332 times
Actually, In one sense, I agree with the liberals. Going on welfare and "Crashing the system" only prove [liberals] right. Just do what millions of people around the globe do and leave and find greener pastures. Either that or fire your employees and find new ones. There's more you can do than what you're doing now.

In answer to the liberals: snicker while you can, becuase it's those dreded "rich" who sign the government checks. Once they're gone, the fun begins.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:40 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,933,690 times
I love all the people calling for the OP to be tracked, or villifying him for his stated actions, even pointing out how he can't manage to do exactly thos things, as if you believe he would seriously throw away his business & life in this way. Do none of you get SARCASM or ALLEGORY? Look them up, then come back & reread his post. Perhaps then you'll see the point of his narrative.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Actually, In one sense, I agree with the liberals. Going on welfare and "Crashing the system" only prove [liberals] right. Just do what millions of people around the globe do and leave and find greener pastures. Either that or fire your employees and find new ones. There's more you can do than what you're doing now.

In answer to the liberals: snicker while you can, becuase it's those dreded "rich" who sign the government checks. Once they're gone, the fun begins.
You're right and it was obvious (at least) to me that the OP was meant as sarcasm and to illustrate a point which it did quite well.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:52 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
I like to think what happened to you is like Evolution - the stupid and crappy businesses fail and are replaced by smarter more efficient ones... You were selected for extinction by your competition and poor business acumen - that's all!!!
Now this is the funniest post I have ever read.. I agree with it wholeheartedly, but the fact that the one posting it is a hardened Democrat really gets me.. Why say something like this, then turn around and support bailouts of the big 3 and the financial industry? As a matter of fact, if you back up what you say with action, why support any corporate bailout?

Old 03-24-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Now this is the funniest post I have ever read.. I agree with it wholeheartedly, but the fact that the one posting it is a hardened Democrat really gets me.. Why say something like this, then turn around and support bailouts of the big 3 and the financial industry? As a matter of fact, if you back up what you say with action, why support any corporate bailout?
Good point!
Will there be a coherent answer?

Old 03-24-2009, 12:00 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
The failure of three "corner store" franchises will not have effects that ripple throughout the economy. The failure of the entire financial sector would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies