Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:12 AM

527 posts, read 1,281,756 times

Advertisements

Don't know for sure. He says he will but we'll have to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 12:28 AM

488 posts, read 1,024,901 times
Default Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
We already found that in places like Afghanistan more troops just means more targets. A smaller force is just as effective.
Unless the Pres. is willing to pull out all the stops nothing will change there. Besides the "failures" in Afghanistan are all hype. Afghanistan was rarely mentioned anymore in the press until the election came around. Then it became a big deal. Now that the elections over its once again become a non-issue.
If history predicts future events the only time you'll hear about Iraq or Afghanistan from now on is when the Pres. is in trouble and he wants to deflect attention elsewere.
It may be true what you are saying? I was kinda thinking that to?

Old 03-20-2009, 02:22 PM

And further more if you find humor in the fact these people have been away from their family's fighting for our safety you should have all your rights taken away,How can anyone lol at that?I think that shows that a pecentage of people are ill in the head!I would like to see you lol in their faces or their family's face,To see if you are brave enough to lol face to face! That is like spitting in their face! And all americans included!i don't see no lol about it!Did you lol over 9/11?I hope you understand your humor is sick!God bless our troops and their family's and children! And hope you come home safe and soon!

Old 03-20-2009, 02:29 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
I haven't studied the recent Security Agreement with Iraq in depth, but from what i've read and heard, I don't think Obama has a leg to stand on when it comes to taking credit for the end of the war. It may happen on his watch, but the removal of all (or most) troops by 2011 was set in stone before he was elected. However, I'm sure the Great One will figure out a way to take credit for a war he didn't vote for. Flame me, i'm ready!

Old 03-20-2009, 02:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
i hope so, that is why i voted. it cant be about the money spending as much now as then.
one good news the trade balance is flattening. which is code talk for walmart is empty.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Obama sets firm withdrawal timetable for Iraq (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090227/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_iraq - broken link)

Sorry. that was an old story. Here's a better one. Ask again in August 2010.
One of the reasons why I didn't vote for Obama was that he was unwilling to promise to remove the troops from Iraq during his first term in office. It was during a democratic debate when the moderator asked who planned on having the troops out by 2013, and Edwards, Clinton and Obama all agreed that they would not make that promise.

Keep in mind that we still have troops in Germany and Korea...and Cuba. All from wars fought MANY years ago.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:56 PM

now can we move on with the topic of our troops?i think i have told the story from the school called hard knox!

Old 03-20-2009, 04:27 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
But returning back to topic, I'm wondering if the troops currently stationed in Iraq won't wind up being stationed in Afghanistan instead. There seems to be some talk that "the terrorists" are hiding in Pakistan as well & Afghanistan would be a great jumping off point for launching an invasion of that country.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-25-2009 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: edited for reference to deleted material

Old 03-20-2009, 04:43 PM

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post

But returning back to topic, I'm wondering if the troops currently stationed in Iraq won't wind up being stationed in Afghanistan instead. There seems to be some talk that "the terrorists" are hiding in Pakistan as well & Afghanistan would be a great jumping off point for launching an invasion of that country.
Me to,Did you hear the tape that was released?

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-25-2009 at 02:24 PM..

Old 03-25-2009, 02:35 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Default Our government will say anything to keep a large military presence in the Middle East.

Please, please, please stop talking about this war as if it were a terrorist hunt. That is not the reason we are in Iraq or Afghanistan and it will not be the reason we invade any other countries over there either. Terrorism is just a handy excuse being used by our government to keep the populace behind this never ending war. We will never capture the terrorists they claim we are looking for. Why, because then our supposed reason for being there would disappear completely and we can't have that.

We are there to secure oil and natural gas. We are there to secure land over which to run natural gas lines. We are there for the natural resources, not to help those people. And the worst part is our troops don't realize they are being used for all the wrong reasons. As far as they know, they are there to help people and rid the world of terrorists. But how long before they start to ask the obvious questions and start to feel they have been used for all the wrong reasons. We need to bring the troops home before they really figure this all out for themselves and come home feeling used and betrayed by the country they thought they were trying to protect.

The invasion of Iraq was a fraud, as was the Afghanistan invasion. They did not go there for any of the reasons they told the public. They were simply appealing to our freedom loving nature. Tell the populace we are going to be liberators and terrorist hunters, and they will follow you until the end. Or at least, until they can see the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies