Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should men have a say in their unborn childrens fate ?
Yes 82 63.57%
No 42 32.56%
I'm a man and feel uncomfortable answering 5 3.88%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:25 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,534,779 times

Advertisements

First, I am against murder. Period.

However, in response to your post, I think both people should have a say in any situation like this. And a legal saying at that. If she wants to kill the child and he wants to preserve life, I feel the courts should choose to spare the life of the child. It takes two to make a baby and therefore either should have the legal ability to take up the banner for the life of their child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 08:34 AM

897 posts, read 1,590,851 times
Isn't a box of condoms, like, $4.00?
I definitely don't agree with your stance on child support since that is to make sure that the child is protected and has nothing to do with the parents. We're not going to ruin a child's life just because his mother was a moron who thought that she could force his moron dad who wouldn't wear protection to stay with her by getting pregnant.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:55 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
First, I am against murder. Period.

However, in response to your post, I think both people should have a say in any situation like this. And a legal saying at that. If she wants to kill the child and he wants to preserve life, I feel the courts should choose to spare the life of the child. It takes two to make a baby and therefore either should have the legal ability to take up the banner for the life of their child.
"Take up the banner for the life of their child"? How exactly is he taking up the banner during HER pregnancy and HER labor and delivery? How is he suffering? Is he nursing the child? Raising it?

If all he's done is contribute his precious sperm, and has no intention of supporting or being a father to the child (which, unfortunately is the most common scenario) then he doesn't get to hold the banner. And he shouldn't be forced to.

Don't like abortion? Then don't have one.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:27 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,659,169 times
Ultimately the woman has the final choice to decide what to do with her body, her preganancy,and her future. It doesn't make her more Powerful in the situation, but her decision has a certain amont of finality that men have to live with before entering that kind of relationship. even if he feels he has been decieved he is still obligated to care for his child just as she .

Old 03-20-2009, 09:44 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,064,231 times
If people just stopped thinking of sex as a recreational sport, we wouldn't have so many pregnancies. Why expect more from the man in a sexual encounter than from the woman?

Women aren't victims here, but neither are men. It takes BOTH parties to create a pregnancy, it should take BOTH parties to end one.

If life is sacred, why leave only women to play god?

Old 03-20-2009, 10:03 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,259,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yes...but I think that ideally abortion should not be allowed at all.
I think it shouldn't be allowed at all either. So I kinda think once pregnancy has occurred that's it's a "moot" point what either parent thinks. However, the way, our laws are now, it may be unfair, but it is going to be the woman's call, either way. And yes, I think the father should still pay child support even if he wanted her to abort the baby. I don't how to say it so it doesn't sound harsh, but sometimes we just have to accept responsibility for some poor choices we previously made. I think this is one of those times.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is the possibility of adoption.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:29 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,450,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I think it shouldn't be allowed at all either. So I kinda think once pregnancy has occurred that's it's a "moot" point what either parent thinks. However, the way, our laws are now, it may be unfair, but it is going to be the woman's call, either way. And yes, I think the father should still pay child support even if he wanted her to abort the baby. I don't how to say it so it doesn't sound harsh, but sometimes we just have to accept responsibility for some poor choices we previously made. I think this is one of those times.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is the possibility of adoption.
Yes. These people fail to view the child's life as being important as well. They are selfish and only care about instant gratification. Whether it be the instant gratification associated with the sex..or the instant gratification associated with being able to simply rid yourself of the consequences of it.

As far as the father goes, if abortion HAS to be allowed, I DO think he should have a say.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
If people just stopped thinking of sex as a recreational sport, we wouldn't have so many pregnancies. Why expect more from the man in a sexual encounter than from the woman?
As is usually the case...I agree with you completely.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:44 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,061,312 times
No man ever fathered a child without first pulling down his zipper. Keep it zipped and you won't have a problem.

Last edited by rlchurch; 03-20-2009 at 11:17 AM..

Old 03-20-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
No man ever fathered a child with first pulling down his zipper. Keep it zipped and you won't have a problem.
Yes and if everyone followed this there would be no need for abortions in the first place.

DO NOT HAVE SEX UNTIL YOU ARE ABLE TO HANDLE A CHILD. PERIOD. If you do not want a child but could handle one, THEN have protected sex. But don't have sex PERIOD until you are at least able to accept the consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies