Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should men have a say in their unborn childrens fate ?
Yes 82 63.57%
No 42 32.56%
I'm a man and feel uncomfortable answering 5 3.88%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:04 AM

457 posts, read 756,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I do not believe in mens right in abortion WHATSOEVER. It is pathetic that people can even THINK men have "rights" in this situation.

You cry, beg, weep and I will have ZERO sympathy when it comes to men having "rights" in abortion.

If you play, be prepared to pay. Simple as that, men.

Get over it.
So if you play you need to pay too.
You women out there with the above attitude need to close your legs and have all of your parts removed because you're a thorn in the side of morality.
I would suspect that these same women have daddy issues anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 07:06 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
like I say, if the choice of abortion is only the womans choice, then the choice of paying child support should also be voluntary.

it takes 2 to make a child, and if both are not in the decision of getting an abortion, then child support should also be voluntary.

rape excluded.
You have a very good point there. If the woman makes the choice for abortion, she is free to exercise that intention, and the father has no say.

On the other hand, if the father says 'get an abortion', and the woman refuses, then it is she alone who is bringing the child into the world, and she alone who has the financial responsibility for it.

In other words, if one parent wants to have the child and the other wants to abort, then the parent who wants the child must bear full responsibility for it, and the other parent is off the hook. What's fair for one parent is fair for the other.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:11 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Men find it easy to get out of support--when the mother has no idea who the father is. When she met the guy in a bar, or on a spring break weekend. (wait, that's still in a bar...) A certain amount of promiscuity is its own reward...

Old 01-07-2010, 12:58 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,223,727 times
Daddy issues? Thorn in the side of morality?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:05 PM

300 posts, read 429,825 times
IMO, a man, who without no baby could / would have even become an issue, should have a lot of input into the issue of a womans decision to abort or not abort. IMO though - the final decision to abort is, and should, be up to the Woman. But, the man should be part of the decision wherever possible.

And due to the marvels of medical science - the need to find the biological father may be essential in the future of the child's life - and now with DNA, it makes the tracking down of that father easier - not perfect mind you - just easier.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:25 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWonderWhy1 View Post

And due to the marvels of medical science - the need to find the biological father may be essential in the future of the child's life - and now with DNA, it makes the tracking down of that father easier - not perfect mind you - just easier.
I'm not very interested in making life easier for Big Brother and his snoops. They've got my DNA, I can't conceive of any scenario in which my life could be saved by knowing the DNA of an ancestor.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:32 PM

457 posts, read 756,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Daddy issues? Thorn in the side of morality?
Why else would a woman have a problem with a man's right to participate in the decisions that effect the live of his child? She played too; she should pay the same price unless of course she is an "asexual” organism; then its all hers.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:48 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,223,727 times
No, you see for thousands of years men controlled the vagina. You do not get to do that anymore. You do not want to be in that position? Be responsible for your body. No, no, no, no. No controlling the vagina.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:01 PM

3 posts, read 2,369 times
It is her right to do as she wishes. No goverment, nor church has the right to decide for her,much less you. Because the fact that you and her are liveing with her parents, you can't even support yourself or her. How do aspect to raise a child? It is her body, her health, her right. Equal rights only go for jobs and pay. When men can give birth, then you have a right. People should have to take a test to be parents. To see if they are ready to have kids. Not just because I got someone pregnant is not a testimony saying what kind of father I will be. Just means you are just stupid for not planning it.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:21 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,122 times
The debate over men having decision making rights over abortion doesn't really cover the fact that the pregnancy is within a woman's body. ALL health risks of carrying are hers. People are essentially asking for a man to have the a bility to make decisions concerning a woman's body and health. What woman gets to make any decisions for the man regarding any risks to his life, health or even penis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies