Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 05:46 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
No I addressed that. The bailouts are not the stimulus. You started this thread in regards to Palin not taking stimulus money.

Please quit ignoring posts that you disagree with to prove a false point.

My response was in post #93
Nope, the one I posted at 3:13 AM is still unanswered. Anyways, did you have a question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
My questions were hypothetical.

The policies that she has enacted regarding a few of those hypothetical situations as governor are readily available. Did she not make a speech regarding special needs children during her VP candidacy? Did she not enact windfall profit taxes on energy companies in Alaska since taking office? Has she not gone behind the energy companies backs to construct a pipeline through Canada to transport fuel that isn't owned by either party? Ask Exxon Mobil about how much natural gas they're willing to pump through that pipeline while Palin (and a Canadian company) is in control of it.
Some special needs kids are being neglected in AK?

If she whips a little corporate backside up there, more power to her. The natural resources of AK aren't going anywhere. What's your point?

Exxon-Mobil has what to do with the spending package?

Old 03-22-2009, 06:04 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Nope, the one I posted at 3:13 AM is still unanswered. Anyways, did you have a question?
Yes.

Why are you claiming the stimulus is costing trillions?

Why are you acting like the interjection of money from the fed to bailout banks is part of the stimulus that Palin is rejecting 31% of?

Old 03-22-2009, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Some special needs kids are being neglected in AK?

If she whips a little corporate backside up there, more power to her. The natural resources of AK aren't going anywhere. What's your point?

Exxon-Mobil has what to do with the spending package?
If she pretended that special needs education was important while campaigning for VP shouldn't we expect her to have the same priorities as a gov?

Nothing wrong with "whipping corporate backside" but doesn't her budget depend on the corporate backside and the federal government? I've stated my point over and over on this thread. You've ignored it. Alaska needs that corporate backside and my tax money. Take off your partisian blinders for a minute because none of the rest of us care whether you agree with Palins morality, she is on the take. I don't want her to be on the take as long as I pay for it.

Exxon Mobil holds all the majority of natural gas in Alaska. Palin went behind their backs on the pipeline and wants the government to pay almost 20 billion to a canadian company that doesn't have any natural gas. Exxon Mobil and the other energy companies have said that they will not put anything in the pipeline. Unless Sarah wants to send hot air down to the lower 48 I want my billions back.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Yes.

Why are you claiming the stimulus is costing trillions?

Why are you acting like the interjection of money from the fed to bailout banks is part of the stimulus that Palin is rejecting 31% of?

No, the Fed is buying tresury bonds because we have no other buyers.

"At this point, Bernanke is basically financing the national deficit by buying debt issued by the Treasury. In addition to capping Treasury yields, expanding the Fed’s balance sheet and printing more money to accommodate these purchases has sharply undermined the value of the dollar."

Fed's $1 Trillion Debt-Buying Plan Loosens Lending and Drains the Dollar

Old 03-22-2009, 06:31 AM

Again, go back to my previous posts. The fed is not part of the gov't. They are the ones interjecting trillions. They would do that no matter who was in office (even your beloved Sarah Palin). They are, and have been, our overlords for a decades.

The stimulus package is not a bailout. It is not costing trillions. Last I checked it is a one time payment of around 800 billion.

Yes, it is a huge sum of money. If you know arithmatetic you can calculate the money that the government is spending (of course forget that 2.3 billion that the DoD "lost" in 2003) versus the fed and then readjust your outrage.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
There is a vast difference between 'throwing money at the problem' vs making meaningful investments in infrastructure or systemic change.

The fed doesn't need to stay our of education, it's not just an issue for state or local governments. It's an issue for our standardized education levels (graduate HS= a benchmark minimum, same for higher academics).

While I can appreciate criticisms of both parties mismanagement of funds, I think the redirect of funds is more constructive for all. My suggestion is to have studies directed at charter school methodology and employ them in public school systems on menu basis for local/ state levels. Allow feds to sponsor the studies directly. That's cooking with gas. The rest of this crappioca is pointless blame game every single thread in this forum devolves around.

Sidebar to all:
In case anyone failed to notice, every irrational rock thrown in personal attacks happens to land on, or witnessed in full view of, a registered voter.

------------------
Why beat a dead horse? If the charter schools are better, make them all charter schools. Better yet, let parents send their kids where they like with a voucher.

Never happen though. Know why? Because the church schools will smoke the PS and everyone knows it. Those kids leave those schools flippin' brainiacs!

Old 03-22-2009, 07:07 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If that were true, they wouldn't find the need to vilify her like they do. Admit it. She is a threat to liberals. And I love it!
No, she's not. The Democrats have neutralized Kenneth the Page Jindal, well, he did it to himself and the GOP is doing a great job of attempting to neutralize their leader (Steele) and Sarah Palin continues to bestow upon us the gift of laughter ... the media still scares the moose poo out of her ... her eyes are getting buggier and buggier ... no self confidence because she knows what a fraud she is ... her stand on abstinence, anti-choice and then refusing money that, if she weren't governor, she would be clucking like a mad hen about, that would help her youngest son ... nah, the glass house that the G nO P has built around your favorite gal is cracking little by little.

Keep going Sarah .. go Sarah go!!!

Old 03-22-2009, 07:11 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Let's see.....Hypp...Hypp... Nope! Let's try another one...PRUDENT..Hey, that was no problem.
She wanted to take all that money, but her handlers told her not to ... Sarah Palin can't make a decision without the okey dokey of the conservapublicans ... she was making a political decision pure and simple, not a decision for the betterment of the very people that voted her into office. Prudent? I think not ... you have the first letter right though ... P is the first letter of the word POLITICAL.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:47 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
1992 Shemya(remote AF base). 1996 Anchorage passing through,visiting friend before going to Ukraine.
In other words - you have never really "been" to Alaska - as in, toured the entire State - like to Barrow, or Fairbanks, Juneau or Skagway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies