Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:49 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Independents elected Obama.

Overwhelmingly.
Wrong. Some probably did buy into his promises for a new government. But as I watched the campaign it was fairly obvious that he was just another 4 years of business as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 02:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Wrong. Some probably did buy into his promises for a new government. But as I watched the campaign it was fairly obvious that he was just another 4 years of business as usual.
Business as usual is right.

I might add that the cacophany of profanity that I spew everytime I see Nancy Pelosi's and Harry Reid's face would make Rod Blagojevich's wife blush like Barack Obama at a Special Olympics bowling tournament.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:05 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Revolution, complaining about Obama being on Leno, birth certificates, rape of the Constitution... If a visitor from another planet could only read this forum and then went and talked to average Americans, they would think that they were on... another planet.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. As much as you would like to deny it, there are a lot of people that are not happy with the way thinks are going.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:12 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I might add that the cacophany of profanity that I spew everytime I see Nancy Pelosi's and Harry Reid's face would make Rod Blagojevich's wife blush like Barack Obama at a Special Olympics bowling tournament.
Are you going to post this in every thread?

Old 03-20-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Are you going to post this in every thread?
There's my friend Saganista! Funny, we must read the same threads. But to answer your question, i've posted it three times. As long as incompetence rules the House and Senate, i'll continue to spew until they're gone (or deported, as you like to put it)!

Old 03-20-2009, 02:16 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
As much as you would like to deny it, there are a lot of people that are not happy with the way thinks are going.
Well, duh...that's why the Republicans have been trashed twice in a row. At last we've got some people with half a chance to put the brakes on this right-wing freefall, and start us back along a far saner path. And what do the Republicans have to offer toward that effort???

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

That's all...that's it...nothing more...

Old 03-20-2009, 02:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
hard right yes, they are out of touch its true but if you want them to stay out of touch, mr obama needs to choke in spending, its about the money, the only issue, if he falls down, the hard right rush limbaugh party will be back in the saddle.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Well, duh...that's why the Republicans have been trashed twice in a row. At last we've got some people with half a chance to put the brakes on this right-wing freefall, and start us back along a far saner path. And what do the Republicans have to offer toward that effort???

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

That's all...that's it...nothing more...
I love a good debate, but i'll make this a one-liner. Republicans will gain seats in 2010.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Whatever helps you sleep at night. As much as you would like to deny it, there are a lot of people that are not happy with the way thinks are going.
Desi Arnes is in the HOUSE!

A lot of people being "not happy" is a far cry from a lot of people being out of their absolute minds.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:13 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,976 times
Quote:
Well, duh...that's why the Republicans have been trashed twice in a row.
Finally, a liberal who can be at least a little bit honest!
You guys certainly did thrash the Republicans twice in a row.
When was the first of those two times?

Oh yeah, it was when you took control during the midterm elections in 2006.

Yep. You guys HAVE been in power for a lot longer than most of you are willing to admit. I'm glad you're different. I'm glad one of you is finally willing to step up to the plate and take ownership for the problems we have now.

Problems your party is responsible for since it's been in control for well over two years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies