Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:38 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWilliams2003 View Post
Black. Huge surprise there.

Black men are what, 7% of the population...? What is their percentage of violent crime?

The fact the problem with Black crime isn't dealt with head-on is ridiculous... How many more people need to die for the sake of political correctness?

WTF...Why did race have to be thrown into this? I have yet to see someone on any of these boards when presented with a murder, rape or molestation that was committed by another race say .."white" figures no respect for life, or they much rather take a woman by force then kill them...or better, they much rather force a child".

Where are these statistics. I'm really fed up with these types of comments. Pedophiles are released from prison before finishing their time just to commit the same crime or worst.

Ignorance no matter what will always show through before common damn sense.

Last edited by proudmama; 03-30-2009 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 975 times
Originally Posted by NMWilliams2003 Black. Huge surprise there.Black men are what, 7% of the population...? What is their percentage of violent crime?The fact the problem with Black crime isn't dealt with head-on is ridiculous... How many more people need to die for the sake of political correctness....what does race have to do with any of this? its all types of people killin other people these days not just "black people" so get over the race part and grow up! every race kills and they all get treated the same for killing the other person !

Old 05-12-2009, 12:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWilliams2003 View Post
Black. Huge surprise there.

Black men are what, 7% of the population...? What is their percentage of violent crime?

The fact the problem with Black crime isn't dealt with head-on is ridiculous... How many more people need to die for the sake of political correctness?
I don't think black has anything to do with it. Skin color doesn't commit crimes, people do.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:20 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Teenagers are actually the most dangerous demographic among criminals. They have no regard for life. When my best friend was shot it was a couple of very young looking kids about 15 years old. They laughed as they shot him. A relative of mine who worked at Riker's Island said the young teen inmates were the worst. They'd slash your face with a razor without blinking.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
its not the mind its the law, if you can get a minor to do the rape or murder -- different set of laws.
people are smart they learn to work the law
disfunctional justice system.
that and the common belief that evil is male & adult
some of the most vicious humans i have ever known were women and children

Old 05-12-2009, 12:49 PM

395 posts, read 510,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missaneal View Post
Excuse me, what does being black have to do with it? How many parents are killed by white kids, how many school rampages shootings are committed by white students, how many times have you heard black kids killing their families, parents, shooting and killing 25 people in colleges, or just at random.

So give me a break......
Let's be real here. I think we all know that not everybody in a certain race is the same...but as far as statistics go. It's pretty obvious that black males commit a lot more crimes than they should be due to the percentage they are of the population. It is more likely they will murder you over money or disrespect. However, white people are more likely to be serial killers or spree killers. Their motivation isn't usually money. It's usually just power in itself or something sexual.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:46 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,322 times
I don't think there is any easy explanation or understanding of why kids perpetrate these heinous crimes; of often do we hear about kids from the "projects" who are determined to work their way out and become incredible MBA's, attorneys, physicians, etc., and we see kids who come from the "best" homes, whatever exactly that means, strong family ties and connections, educated and they too commit horrible crimes. We see both happen all the time and read about them. Sometimes I truly believe some kids are born without a soul, I know that sounds absurd...what makes kids turn into sociopaths, with no consciences, not caring at all about picking up a knife, a hammer, whatever and smashing it on someone.

I believe, and I have posted it so many times on other threads, there is simply no accountability...I understand we always want to give someone that first chance if they get into trouble, I do get that however, I also have to think that the system needs to look carefully at what is the "first trouble", is it stealing a loaf of bread or is it sexually assaulting someone? I also strongly believe there are plenty of red flags that need to be paid attention to right away; perhaps immediate intervention when a kid is burning or harming an animal; or when a kid is stealing something...there needs to be immediate consequences. I am not necessarily saying lock them up right away, but get them into some kind of work camp where there are clear rules and boundaries, if they get through that kind of a real tough program, perhaps they will have learned something. I don't know if prison is always the solution, at least not initially but there has to be something.

I remember when my mom was robbed at the cemetary; how outrageous. When I called the police, they said, and I was stunned, ...there have been a rash of robberies at the cemetary and several people have been assaulted, had their heads cracked against the headstones so your mom was fortunate only to have been robbed. Perhaps that was so; however, if that was the case, why were the police not patrolling the cemetary....if they were aware of it why not institute preventative measures.

I remember one time there was a kid in the pediatric unit at a hospital, and he had a beeper. He was running dope for somone and he was under 15. He was making a ton of money...so how do you impress upon a kid that it is better to wait until he is 15 or 16 to get a job, make $8-$10 hr and feel good about himself when he was able to make a few hundred a week, have "cool clothes" and gold chains.

I understand the concept of why so many kids join gangs...they want to feel connected to, a part of something because they are lacking that at home; I am not excusing or justifying at all.

I think the entire system must be revamped; I also realize that the social workers, case workers, guidance counselors are overwhelmed with cases and too often someone slips through the cracks and even when that happens, too often that case worker or agency is not held accountable either.

When someone does not have a conscience, they simply do not have a conscience and I don't believe you can teach someone how to have one. A sociopath is sorry only because he has been caught. No amount of therapy, I believe, is going to change that.

There was a program in New York called Scared Straight; I don't know if it is still in effect or not and I understand it was somewhat successful. Kids who were on the border of getting into serious trouble were taken to jail, went through this program. They stayed in the prison, although they were carefully watched and protected in some ways, however they ate their meals with the general population, they had to deal with inmates whistling at them and other misc sundries and many of them were truly scared straight. Too many times kids think they are above the law, they do get away with those little things and thus tend to be cockier than makes sense and in this program, they may have walked into the prison a little cocky but sure came out very different. Not all, but a reasonable amount straightened out their lives.

Murder, rape, vicious attacks for no reason, nope, I can't see them changing and turning their lives around unless they are truly held accountable for their crimes.

There is another program that seems to be working fairly well too, although I believe it depends upon the crimes and that's a restorative justice type program. The offender gets to meet with their victim(s); they must listen to what the victims is saying to them, they have to do some kind of restitution as well as incarceration. Perhaps this venue can be further explored. Again, I think it depends upon the offender and the crime.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:50 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnamecanido View Post
Let's be real here. I think we all know that not everybody in a certain race is the same...but as far as statistics go. It's pretty obvious that black males commit a lot more crimes than they should be due to the percentage they are of the population. It is more likely they will murder you over money or disrespect. However, white people are more likely to be serial killers or spree killers. Their motivation isn't usually money. It's usually just power in itself or something sexual.

How can this be true if black people only make up 12% of the country? It's obvious that the majority, white people, would have to commit most of the crime in the country. That's for real. It's that being that this is America, white people just get away with it more. You clearly aren't smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies