Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 11:58 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,142,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I doubt it, I think you just want to deny the real problem because you have it good. You have previously posted that you don't.
Huh??

No - I'm comfortable with the premium.

But, your last sentence makes little (no) sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 12:05 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,244,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Your quote on Medicare fraud is from their own website.
Do you think they will admit to wrongdoing within their own system?
Well, of all the hits I got when I googled "medicare fraud", I went with that one b/c I thought it would be the most neutral. But here you go:

Blatant Medicare fraud costs taxpayers billions - Nightly News with Brian Williams- msnbc.com

GAO cites fraud in Medicare in-home services billings - USATODAY.com

Common Types of Medicare Fraud

New fraud statistics from OIG help..., ACP Observer Sep 99

Federal Bureau of Investigation - Birmingham Field Division - Department of Justice Press Release

And many more. Honestly, what do you think medicare fraud is? People pretending to be sick? Medicare employees embezzeling money? It's the provieders, honey!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:06 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,826,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
You did not answer my question ...
You are being intellectually dishonest, however you seem to care about the problem so I will submit the cbo analysis.
Director’s Blog » Blog Archive » Two New CBO Reports on Health Care Issues

Old 03-22-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Huh??

No - I'm comfortable with the premium.

But, your last sentence makes little (no) sense
You are simply denying the problem, I provided the Cbo report I suggest you read it..

Old 03-22-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
lamexican,

Ignore GD - he has no sympathy for people in your sister's position - he thinks she is getting a gift... you will never get thru to him on this issue...

Focus instead on writing your elected officials - at the state and federal level - and let them know that you want UHC - and that you will be following their voting records...

That will have FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR more impact on the direction of UHC than any amount of posting on this forum!!!
Already done!!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:14 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,142,425 times
Quote:
You are simply denying the problem, I provided the Cbo report I suggest you read it..
To the contrary - I have frequently ACKNOWLEDGED the problem. In all honesty, because of my involvement with this group reporting to Congress, I'm perhaps a little more knowledgeable on the issue than you are.

There is a problem. But, as a nation, we do not need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

There are ways to make health insurance more affordable without going to a UHI. There are ways to reduce those without insurance -

But, we have to recognize that we are NOT going to get 100% of Americans covered by insurance. The President has noted this fact numerous times.

We also have to recognize that if you try to FORCE Americans to take one program - to take away their choices - there will be rebellion. Trying to do this is politically bad. It will not happen IMO.

Yes - there is a problem. And, it won't be easy, or fast, to correct it. But, a lot can be done to help

Old 03-22-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
To the contrary - I have frequently ACKNOWLEDGED the problem. In all honesty, because of my involvement with this group reporting to Congress, I'm perhaps a little more knowledgeable on the issue than you are.

There is a problem. But, as a nation, we do not need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

There are ways to make health insurance more affordable without going to a UHI. There are ways to reduce those without insurance -

But, we have to recognize that we are NOT going to get 100% of Americans covered by insurance. The President has noted this fact numerous times.

We also have to recognize that if you try to FORCE Americans to take one program - to take away their choices - there will be rebellion. Trying to do this is politically bad. It will not happen IMO.

Yes - there is a problem. And, it won't be easy, or fast, to correct it. But, a lot can be done to help
Read the NONPARTISAN link I provided.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:26 AM

39,031 posts, read 22,953,607 times
Quote:
You are being intellectually dishonest, however you seem to care about the problem so I will submit the cbo analysis.
Director’s Blog » Blog Archive » Two New CBO Reports on Health Care Issues
How am I being intellectually dishonest? I would honestly like to know what percent of YOUR income or YOUR SISTER's income do YOU anticipate will go towards UHC via taxes?

How about other proponents of UHC - What percent of YOUR INCOME do you anticipate will go towards UHC via taxes?

Old 03-22-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
How am I being intellectually dishonest? I would honestly like to know what percent of YOUR income or YOUR SISTER's income do YOU anticipate will go towards UHC via taxes?

How about other proponents of UHC - What percent of YOUR INCOME do you anticipate will go towards UHC via taxes?
Have you read either of the two links I've provided on this thread?

Old 03-22-2009, 12:35 AM

39,031 posts, read 22,953,607 times
Quote:
Have you read either of the two links I've provided on this thread?
I read it but it did not answer the question of how much does LAMEXICAN thinks he and his sister will have to pay in additional taxes to fund UHC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies