Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 12:06 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
They don't deserve ridicule, but they also don't deserve money. There should be more of an emphasis in the industrialized world on eating healthy and exercising. Maybe state subsidized gyms (cheaper than 24 hr fitness or LA fitness), no sodas in schools, and mandatory healthy foods in fast foods (a certain percentage of foods at fast food places must be "healthy". Thus containing low sodium, no trans fats, low in fat, high in vitamins, high in protein (opt.)...well having an overall high nutrition value). I think that if society changes, this will help those without good genes and those without the knowlege of how to be healthy. By the way, healthy and thin are not the same. I'm thin, fairly muscular...about 4-7% body fat. However, my friend who is larger (about 15% BF) can easily ride a bike longer than I can. So, healthy, though usually thin, does not always mean thin.
How about cooking? Just simply cooking.

I do agree thin and healthy aren't synonimous, there are always exceptions. But generaly, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 12:08 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,944 times
How about shoving less food in your face? That actually saves time.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:39 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
You can sit on the sofa all day and lose weight, and not be obese.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:57 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
I don't know why the social services don't force these lazy slobs to work. There are customer service jobs where you are on the phone and/or computer and can work from home.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:39 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
There should be dietary restrictions on anyone receiving government assistance for nutrition. Why should they be allowed to purchase all the junk food they want with these benefits? Have a clearly defined, nutritional, and government approved list of foods that can be purchased with these benefits. This forces those who use government assistance to eat healthier. When you spend your money on garbage foods then you can get as obese as you want.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:00 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

The human body is designed to be greedy for fat. So when a person becomes too fat, the only way they will ever become more slender is to go on a permanent low-fat diet. .

You are confused.

It's not dietary fat that makes you fat - it's carbohydrates. Dietary fat does not make you fat! Why not? Because it does not make your body produce any insulin. If you don't produce insulin, you can't put on any weight. Carbs, on the other hand, stimulate insulin production BIG time.

You are correct about exercise not helping to lose weight. But the good news is that ppl can lose a ton of weight without any exercise at all. Just stop eating bread, pasta, rice and other grain products. Instead, eat more meat, fish, eggs, cheese, and other dairy. The protein will help with muscle mass, and the fat will not put an ounce of fat on the bod.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:03 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
How deeply did you have to dig to find this old fossil of a thread? That's no reflection on my feelings about the issue, just wonder at how you did it. I find it challenging to keep up with what's been posted here in a single week.
Lol I wonder this too.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:07 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Workouts don't do much for weight loss.

The only way to lose weight is to eat less food.

Or eat the same quantity, but with much less fat content.

The human body is designed to be greedy for fat. So when a person becomes too fat, the only way they will ever become more slender is to go on a permanent low-fat diet.

Once our fat cells expand, they never shrink back to their normal size. So any fat person's body will cry out for fat for the rest of their lives if they become naturally slender again. The people who stay slim after a diet become used to their fat cell's complaints.

It's like accepting the perpetual complaint of a bad knee. Always there, so it's ignored. Those who can't ignore their fat cells hollering will grow new fat to replace the fat that was lost to a diet.
Cardio workouts can let you lose a lot of weight in a short time. When I'm training I can eat whatever I want in whatever quantity I want.

Work outs along with a low carb diet will allow anyone to lose weight.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:37 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Get a job where you stay active...park further away from the store entrance, or walk there. It's easy to find time to exercise. I don't even own a car.
Depends on your definition of exercise.
I agree if you cant or dont want to go to a gym little things like parking further away, taking extra steps in your day to day really help. As well we can control what we put in our bodies.

I really dont see how being a student is an excuse. When I was at school the jog across campus several times a day, climbing stairs to classes, taking a swimming, or racket ball course, and free access to the fitness center was a plus for keeping active and thin.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:53 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nor'eastah View Post
you are confused.

it's not dietary fat that makes you fat - it's carbohydrates. dietary fat does not make you fat! Why not? Because it does not make your body produce any insulin. If you don't produce insulin, you can't put on any weight. Carbs, on the other hand, stimulate insulin production big time.

You are correct about exercise not helping to lose weight. But the good news is that ppl can lose a ton of weight without any exercise at all. Just stop eating bread, pasta, rice and other grain products. Instead, eat more meat, fish, eggs, cheese, and other dairy. The protein will help with muscle mass, and the fat will not put an ounce of fat on the bod.
Amen.
Search on KETOGENIC DIET.
High fat, moderate protein, low carb diet is a great way to lose weight. The high fat intake curbs the appetite which is the major reason why dieting fails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies