Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:27 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Yep, Bush is even quieter? Last time anyone saw Bush he was selling kool-aid on a street corner in Crawford to help finance his Library.
I don't know if you saw Bush's most recent interview (I believe it was in Canada) but, he said he will be making no comments about Obama or his administration....he feels he owes that to him. I think he would be someone who would know what it feels like to be criticized trying to do one of the most (if not the most) diffult jobs in the world. He said Obama could call him if he ever wanted his help or advice on something and if he agreed with it, he would give it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 11:36 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
I don't know if you saw Bush's most recent interview (I believe it was in Canada) but, he said he will be making no comments about Obama or his administration....he feels he owes that to him. I think he would be someone who would know what it feels like to be criticized trying to do one of the most (if not the most) diffult jobs in the world. He said Obama could call him if he ever wanted his help or advice on something and if he agreed with it, he would give it.
Why on earth would Obama call Bush? That's like calling an Auto Mechanic that previously worked on your car and screwing up your car and asking for advice on your car.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:30 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,378,519 times
Quote:
Why on earth would Obama call Bush? That's like calling an Auto Mechanic that previously worked on your car and screwing up your car and asking for advice on your car.
Bush has one accomplishment that Obama will never realize: 6 years of economic growth.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:31 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,378,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
About this whole AIG mess. Usually, she has something to say about EVERYTHING. Wonder what's up?
Jet lag.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:45 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Quote:
Yep, Bush is even quieter? Last time anyone saw Bush he was selling kool-aid on a street corner in Crawford to help finance his Library.
I don't know if it has occurred to you, but Bush is no longer in office and has no policy power. Other than be an object for your hate, what would you suggest he do, condemn AIG so you could rag on him for that?

Just let it go with Bush and try, just try, for something constructive now.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
There you go finding that good ole religion. Since when has a thread never ever strayed from the OP. I would be willing to bet more than once. What do you think?
Especially when people like you try to deflect the topic and steer it away....

Old 03-21-2009, 08:09 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Here she is - clueless and scared:

"New subject, or else ...,"

Old 03-21-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Here she is - clueless and scared:

"New subject, or else ...,"
Nice link showing the typical deflection, point the blame elsewhere type politics of the Pelosi crowd. If something goes wrong, someone elses fault. If it takes away the rights of the citizen, credit to Pelosi. If it empowers illegals, even more credit to Pelosi.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:35 AM

439 posts, read 616,928 times
The Old Bagger is very quiet. Keeper that way.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:42 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,782 times
Quote:
There are a million details that are classified regarding that job that none of us will ever know. I'm sure there's a lot of advice ANY ex-president could offer to the current president that would be very helpful. People learn by their mistakes so, knowing what not to do can be as helpful as knowing what to do sometimes. Although, I myself, am a strong believer in letting history determine how sucessful or unsucessful a president was. His term needs to be viewed not by itself but, along with those that were in office both before and after him (2-3 in each direction).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies