Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:35 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,378,120 times

Advertisements

Obama has also kept most of Bush's wiretapping directives in place, but the liberals aren't complaining about that either. Emotion must be stronger than logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 12:32 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
According to the protestors, they wanted our troops out of Iraq. Bush is out of office and the troops are still in Iraq. Guess their moral outrage was based solely on which political party held the White House.
Surprised at their partisan morality?

Old 03-21-2009, 12:43 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
Code Pink would never protest against Obama. Even if he decided to kill eighth term babies.

Code Pink will endorse Obama's decision to provide 30,000 troops in the war in Afghanistan.

Code Pink won't care that many of our kids won't come home. When Obama kills .... it's OK.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:45 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
For ford's sake, it took Bush more than a few months to screw up the US, it's going to take a bit longer to try to fix his problems, if indeed, most can be fixed.

Why weren't you all complaining when BushCo made a mess of the country.
Now you're clamoring for it all to be fixed in no time at all?
Makes no sense to me.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:50 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
You're mistaken in the intent of my post. It's not about Obama fixing Bush's mistakes. It's about the selective outrage of the anti-war protestors who seem to have stopped their protest with the election of Obama. As president and commander in chief he can order all US troops out of Iraq from the moment he assumed the office of president. He's even begun to backtrack on his pullout plan date and has continued in much of Bush's wiretapping and yet not one protest against our troops still in Iraq. If it was wrong for our troops to be in Iraq when Bush was president then it's wrong for them to be in Iraq with Obama president.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:56 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
You're mistaken in the intent of my post. It's not about Obama fixing Bush's mistakes. It's about the selective outrage of the anti-war protestors who seem to have stopped their protest with the election of Obama. As president and commander in chief he can order all US troops out of Iraq from the moment he assumed the office of president. He's even begun to backtrack on his pullout plan date and has continued in much of Bush's wiretapping and yet not one protest against our troops still in Iraq. If it was wrong for our troops to be in Iraq when Bush was president then it's wrong for them to be in Iraq with Obama president.
My friend, the question is a good attempt to be subtle.

Someone has to say it. I will.

There is a double standard in this country.

It is good when Obama leads men & women into war.

It is bad if a Republican leader does it. Even if the intentions were honorable.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:51 AM

439 posts, read 616,885 times
Don't you know Obama is god? One must not go against God. He also walks on water.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:14 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
For ford's sake, it took Bush more than a few months to screw up the US, it's going to take a bit longer to try to fix his problems, if indeed, most can be fixed.
But the anti-war, far-left zealots (obama supporters) wanted the troops home immediately, not in a month, or 2 or a year or 2. And obama promised he would do that, remember?

Now, most of us realized he was spewing more of his rhetoric to get the vote and we also realized that he would probably NOT snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (Iraq), but that shouldn't matter to the Left, should it?

It shouldn't matter if a dem or rep is in the office - they should stand by their convictions and values for demanding the troops come home immediately.

As if they EVER had any of those traits in the first place.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:17 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
I saw some protesters last week, actually. Ever since the war started, there have been protestors in downtown Kalamazoo. I hadn't been downtown since the election, but last week I saw them, (about seven) with the same signs they waved under Bush. And I thought, "Good God, people, give it a rest! Iraq's almost over!"

Old 03-21-2009, 06:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Don't you know Obama is god? One must not go against God. He also walks on water.
Didn't you just say who cares to my post about this in another thread?
Hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies