Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:57 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
I think that you and your double-aught and your Baretta 9mm are out-gunned by the Federales, mister. What a pipe dream. You need to get involved in your government as a CITIZEN and stop cowering (or swaggering, take your pick) with your guns tucked under your pillows.
Being "outgunned" has nothing to do with it. The Afghans were heavily outgunned against the Soviets. The Colonists against the British. Need I go on?

Who needs 9mm when you have hundreds of thousands of ak-47s legally acquired, not to mention the ones we can get illegally if the gubmint tries to ban 'em?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 02:59 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Permit me a question? Are all the millions of people who own a firearm, or firearmS, "gun nuts" in your opinion?

And, how about those who carry a concealed firearm? Are they "gun nuts"?
Permit me to ask YOU a question.....why are all of you gun owners so ridiculously against background checks? If you have nothing to hide, then no problem, correct? I have a problem w/anyone who wants to walk around w/a gun, felon or not. That's just common sense in my book.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:01 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Underground societies have always prevailed. ALWAYS.

RIGHT! And they live in CAVES for GENERATIONS! RIGHT! They also get SCATTERED to the four winds, buddy! They become "little people," capiche?

Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 PM

479 posts, read 660,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Permit me to ask YOU a question.....why are all of you gun owners so ridiculously against background checks? If you have nothing to hide, then no problem, correct? I have a problem w/anyone who wants to walk around w/a gun, felon or not. That's just common sense in my book.
I don't think anyone thinks allowing a felon to have a firearm is a good thing. Your grasping at straws! Who said felons should have guns besides you? Typical anti gun behavior...stay on topic!

Old 03-25-2009, 03:03 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
First off - your statement "all of you gun owners ..... " is factually incorrect.

Then, I can purchase firearms all day long with no background checks.

So now - how's about answering my questions???

Old 03-25-2009, 03:08 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Being "outgunned" has nothing to do with it. The Afghans were heavily outgunned against the Soviets. The Colonists against the British. Need I go on?

Who needs 9mm when you have hundreds of thousands of ak-47s legally acquired, not to mention the ones we can get illegally if the gubmint tries to ban 'em?

The British had placed on American soil part of their army. That army was defeated by the Continental Army led by Geo Washington, not by a militia.

100s of thousands of AKs? About what novel do you speak? And what would these gun hounds be fighting for, anyway? Get real for a change.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:10 PM

How many service members are in our military today?

Old 03-25-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
I don't think anyone thinks allowing a felon to have a firearm is a good thing. Your grasping at straws! Who said felons should have guns besides you? Typical anti gun behavior...stay on topic!
Allow me to explain, the poster mentioned people who carry concealed weapons, I assumed he meant felons. So there's your answer, why don't you simmer down?

Old 03-25-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
First off - your statement "all of you gun owners ..... " is factually incorrect.

Then, I can purchase firearms all day long with no background checks.

So now - how's about answering my questions???
What's your problem, did I not answer your question? Was there another one I missed somewhere? My answer is, I don't like people walking around w/guns, plain & simple. What's so hard to grasp w/that?

Old 03-25-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
What's your problem, did I not answer your question?
No, you did not answer my questions. So, let me re-state them:

Permit me a question? Are all the millions of people who own a firearm, or firearmS, "gun nuts" in your opinion?

And, how about those who carry a concealed firearm? Are they "gun nuts"?

How's that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies