Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:28 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,661 times

Advertisements

When the lights go out , and funny noise's start about the house a gun is your best friend. Are they inside your house because they are hungry or do they want your children to sale as slaves to foreign countries? I'll be ready
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 09:59 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
But what exactly do you think would happen that would warrant you using a gun against the government? I just don't understand it.

if we have to tell you, you would not understand.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:06 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if we have to tell you, you would not understand.
Excellent point

Old 03-25-2009, 10:19 PM

479 posts, read 660,833 times
Spot on! It's scary how naive people are about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
And your progressive words scare me, because you don't seem to understand just how much that right has kept you safe. No, I'm not talking about from criminals. I am talking about from despotic rulers who would have loved to take this country years ago, had they been able to remove our home defenses and leave us totally dependent on the system for our protection. You never, ever hand over all of the power to anyone. Especially those who mean to rule you. And there is never, ever a time to be so complacent that you feel there is no longer a need for a measure of security to be taken by the individual people and states of this union. The amendment was and is one of the most important rights to ever be handed to the people. And we should never give up our right to defend ourselves.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:24 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,661 times
http://passtheammo.com/2008/12/why-i-carry-a-gun/

Could not have said it any better

Old 03-26-2009, 08:47 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
Interesting that you removed the text of the amendment when quoting me, as if you were ashamed of it. I stand by my statement: the actual words of the 2nd amendment, parsed however you want to parse them, have no relevant meaning in today's world whatsoever, their inclusion in the Bill of Rights or not. Save the wows . . .
Humans haven't changed any in 200+ years. There are still people who crave power over others. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Saddam, Chavez, there's still people like that, which it was created to protect against.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:03 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
What's your problem, did I not answer your question? Was there another one I missed somewhere? My answer is, I don't like people walking around w/guns, plain & simple. What's so hard to grasp w/that?
Don't move to Texas then.... Grand Ma might just be packing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies