Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 05:42 AM

439 posts, read 616,928 times

Advertisements

Is not about hunting it's about protecting us from the goverment.

Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 09:32 AM

439 posts, read 616,928 times
Revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:35 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
tony martin of england is still in jail. the government sometimes wants to "help" us. but they dont do a very good job. they stopped punishing criminals long ago. the new object of punishment is citizens and cops that defend themselves against rapists and murderers.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:39 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Is not about hunting it's about protecting us from the goverment.

Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For
Is that was Ms Gratia-Hupp was testifying to? Funny I must have missed that part of her testimony.

No the Second Amendment isn't for "protecting us from government",

Old 03-21-2009, 09:44 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
Quote:
tony martin of england is still in jail.
Nope. He was released in July 2003.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:49 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Is that was Ms Gratia-Hupp was testifying to? Funny I must have missed that part of her testimony.

No the Second Amendment isn't for "protecting us from government",
The purpose of the Second Amendment most definately is to protect against abuse by the government. Namely, to enable the overthrow of the government.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:56 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
What I wonder is how that will apply in practice in the future. Technology is getting to the point where traditional firearms will be well and truly useless against a technologized military. For example, it's not too difficult to imagine automated millimeter-wave radar units that would remotely and silently scan for anything fitting the profile of a firearm, open or concealed, then either destroy the target, or refer to a human decisionmaker at a remote location.

This is technology in development right now. We can only imagine how this will develop into the future.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:02 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
She makes a very compelling argument. I believe the shooting she lost her parents at was the buffet outside of Kileen, Texas, which is where I was stationed at when it took place in 1990 (or 91)

I understand the point she is trying to make, but she is arguing in favor of something that allowed her own parents to get killed: Possession of an assault rifle.

She still argues in favor or gun ownership. And she makes a very convincing argument, regardless. But assault rifles in the U.S. are one of the main reasons that the drug war in Mexico is so deadly today.

You can argue in favor of their possession till you are blue in the face but they do not make us all safer. Just look at Mexico.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
What I wonder is how that will apply in practice in the future. Technology is getting to the point where traditional firearms will be well and truly useless against a technologized military. For example, it's not too difficult to imagine automated millimeter-wave radar units that would remotely and silently scan for anything fitting the profile of a firearm, open or concealed, then either destroy the target, or refer to a human decisionmaker at a remote location.

This is technology in development right now. We can only imagine how this will develop into the future.
Just look at Afghanistan. LOL

Old 03-21-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
She makes a very compelling argument. I believe the shooting she lost her parents at was the buffet outside of Kileen, Texas, which is where I was stationed at when it took place in 1990 (or 91)

I understand the point she is trying to make, but she is arguing in favor of something that allowed her own parents to get killed: Possession of an assault rifle.

She still argues in favor or gun ownership. And she makes a very convincing argument, regardless. But assault rifles in the U.S. are one of the main reasons that the drug war in Mexico is so deadly today.

You can argue in favor of their possession till you are blue in the face but they do not make us all safer. Just look at Mexico.
The Mexicans are using full-auto firearms not semi-auto firearms for the most part, except maybe handguns. And now they're using grenades, anti-tank weapons, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies