Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 06:45 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,723,261 times

Advertisements

Must be nice to live with shutters around your eyes and then occasionally sticking your head in a pile of dung and just outright ignoring humans' influence/interactions with the environment. There's one place where overmining,overpolluting, not caring about nature is the norm---China. Go move there. I'm sure living any other way is just too hard on your simple little minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 06:50 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Must be nice to live with shutters around your eyes and then occasionally sticking your head in a pile of dung and just outright ignoring humans' influence/interactions with the environment. There's one place where overmining,overpolluting, not caring about nature is the norm---China. Go move there. I'm sure living any other way is just too hard on your simple little minds.
Yes, China's got the right idea according to Steven J. Milloy - too bad it's full of foreigners.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:53 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,939,495 times
As a matter of fact SmerkyGrl I have friend who lives in Xiamen, China...Says that its one of the cleanest cities he's ever lived in...And for your info...he's originally from San Diego, Calif

Old 03-22-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Yes, China's got the right idea according to Steven J. Milloy - too bad it's full of foreigners.
Oh that's right, I forgot that a good chunk of the "Ah juss wanna drive mah truck and dump mah garbage where ah want" crowd is xenophobic too. Sounds like the spoilt brat bullies in Kindergarten that grew up in size but never grew up mentally---always wanna do what they want, when they want it, and anyone they feel is threatening to their simple minded nature is bad and should be bullied. Well perhaps they should just spontaneously combust then---it would make this world a happier place!

Old 03-22-2009, 06:55 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,216,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
That's a great post. To many slow witted people around here will swallow any garbage without ever once questioning the source. As long as they agree with the other person's bias no further thinking is actually done.
Wow ! ! ! That's what many have been saying about Obamacrats.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
As a matter of fact SmerkyGrl I have friend who lives in Xiamen, China...Says that its one of the cleanest cities he's ever lived in...And for your info...he's originally from San Diego, Calif
As matter of fact TonyandClaire, there are still very few regulations on clean air/clean whatever in China and the fact that one city does very well at maintaining its own environmental standards does not speak for the whole country alone. Tell your friend to walk through Changsha, China...or maybe you should walk through it yourself like me rather than rely on hearsay

Old 03-22-2009, 06:58 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,223,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Really? How do you feel about right-wing Christians inserting their religion in our government?
Why do people always act like our only two choices are crazy tree-hugging tax-mongering liberals and wacko fundamental right wing christian nut jobs?

I recommend reading State of Fear. Eye-opening and hilarious.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:09 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I recommend reading State of Fear. Eye-opening and hilarious.
It sounds good! State of Fear - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-22-2009, 07:10 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,223,092 times
It's fiction, but it does present some data (and an extensive bibliography). It's just a different perspective on the whole environmental movement. Lol...it's a little slow to start but worth the read.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:29 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,611,993 times
Can't we find some middle ground on environment? I don't want the pollute at will crowd running things and I don't want the global warming fear mongers in charge either. It appears the global warming fear mongers will be in charge for a while now that big businesses are on board with the scam and are figuring out ways to leverage a carbon cap and trade system to their financial advantage. And now politicians on both sides of the aisle are getting pushed by big business to play along with the "we are all going to die" crap that the global warming nuts want to indoctrinate everybody with.

I'd just be happy if we could focus on clean water and clean air. We have zero ability to control the planet's thermostat, but we can avoid poisoning our water and air with very measurable results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies